Hodge debate put to rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by saaam
bzzzzz ........ incorrect answer. Hawks will finish last and have first pick in the pre season draft. Hodge is going nowhere and will be co-vice captain next year if I had any say in the matter.
Miller can go please himself really and you can go help him.
Bzzzzzzz............ your an idiot , you can`t redraft your own player

Originally posted by feher
care to explain this then:

2003 pre-season draft: Pick 5 Guy Rigoni (Melb) drafted by Melbourne

well???

and a link
If a player "quits" a club as distinct from a player that is simply been delisted , it is my under standing that he cannot be redrafted by that club. I think you will find that if Luke Hodge was to Quit Hawthorn you would not be able to redraft him by virtue of coming last , in the pre season draft .

Originally posted by IDGAF
If a player "quits" a club as distinct from a player that is simply been delisted , it is my under standing that he cannot be redrafted by that club. I think you will find that if Luke Hodge was to Quit Hawthorn you would not be able to redraft him by virtue of coming last , in the pre season draft .

i think you will find if the player gets delisted he then has the right to go to the national draft (first, if he doesn't get picked up he ends up in pre-season), if he doesn't get delisted (ala rawlings, n. stevens) then he goes to the pre-season draft, erralavent which one, he can be drafted by anyone including his original club. You can try your best but if hodge refuses to sign and we delist him and he deciedes to enter the national draft, we would re-draft him first (currently as the ladder stands), if we don't delist him, let his contract run out, hodge nominates for the pre-season, we can re-draft him again. The only way hodge would be able to avoid this is:

a) get traded
b) ask for more money then the club has/willing to offer
c) sit out the season (won't happen)

Originally posted by jacqui9

In fact, I havent taken much notice of Judd at all. The eagles are not going all that fantastically. He is one player, BIG DEAL.

In hindsight - I would still take Hodge. He is a wonderful leader and he is a tough, hard at it bloke - which we really lack. Judd skirts around the packs and is more of a flanker type, whilst Hodge has that grunt that we need.

Now I'm not telling you to compare him to Luke Hodge but before you go around spouting ill informed opinions on players such as Judd, do yourself a favour as a football fan and actually watch more of him playing. To say he skirts around packs and is a flanker smacks of someone who has watched him on highlight reels from a couple of seasons ago. I understand that you are happy with Hodge and believe he will be a top player but to use your weakly based opinion on Chris Judd as a way of talking up Hodge is hopefully not a true reflection on the usual quality of your posts.

Actually watch him play, have a look at the stats and facts - form an opinion that way, I'm assuming you are hoping football followers will do the same for Luke Hodge.

Originally posted by Gary Shadforth
Yes, jaqui9, there are receivers who get some glowing stats, attract votes, sometimes without raising a sweat (Judd) and there is the player (Hodge) with grunt, rugged, up and under, having a red hot go and leading the way, and, boy, do our Hawks need some leadership. Give me Hodgy any day.

Cheer up everone. Gazza.

I hope Hawthorn supporters are happy with Hodge, and if they are, good for them and good for him. And whilst I'm convinced that Hodge ahead of Judd was a huge blunder, it was an understandable one. At the time, they were just names, and if you had of asked me who I would have wanted at my club, I wouldn't have been able to pick one from the other.

however... I feel like I've posted something to this effect about fifty times over the last year, so one more time won't make any difference.

Are you still with me 'Gazza'? Hang in there, employ your comprehension skills, and read the next paragraph slowly and carefully.

Our vice captain Chris Judd is currently third in the league in hard ball gets, and eighth in tackles. Therefore, the stats suggest he is far more in and under and rugged than most midfielders. Just a hint, the 7 guys who have laid more tackles, and the 2 guys who have more contested ball gets are not Luke Hodge Judd has spent virtually every single minute of every single game this season in and under packs winning the hard ball for his team.

The fact that Judd is also a ball magnet and a brilliant finisher does not make him a receiver, it makes him a complete footballer.

Gary, Jacqui, The fact that you think that Judd is a receiver who skirts around packs makes you ignorant fools who know nothing about what you are talking about. Next time you are tempted to run down a star as a receiver who gets easy possessions, I suggest you disengage your mouth and reengage your brain.

The End.

Originally posted by Mead
I hope Hawthorn supporters are happy with Hodge, and if they are, good for them and good for him. And whilst I'm convinced that Hodge ahead of Judd was a huge blunder, it was an understandable one. At the time, they were just names, and if you had of asked me who I would have wanted at my club, I wouldn't have been able to pick one from the other.

however... I feel like I've posted something to this effect about fifty times over the last year, so one more time won't make any difference.

Are you still with me 'Gazza'? Hang in there, employ your comprehension skills, and read the next paragraph slowly and carefully.

Our vice captain Chris Judd is currently third in the league in hard ball gets, and eighth in tackles. Therefore, the stats suggest he is far more in and under and rugged than most midfielders. Just a hint, the 7 guys who have laid more tackles, and the 2 guys who have more contested ball gets are not Luke Hodge Judd has spent virtually every single minute of every single game this season in and under packs winning the hard ball for his team.

The fact that Judd is also a ball magnet and a brilliant finisher does not make him a receiver, it makes him a complete footballer.

Gary, Jacqui, The fact that you think that Judd is a receiver who skirts around packs makes you ignorant fools who know nothing about what you are talking about. Next time you are tempted to run down a star as a receiver who gets easy possessions, I suggest you disengage your mouth and reengage your brain.

The End.
Mead, you are spot on.

At the start you could of picked one of three. Hodge, Judd or Ball.

1=Hodge (Hawks)
2=Ball (Saints)
3=Judd (West Coast)

TWO teams overlooked Judd and with due cause.

Three years later. Judd has exploded. The other two are still building.

Three years from now. Who knows.

Re: Re: Oi Idiot

Positives, well Nick Ries was fantastic for a start. I really saw him go in and hard at the ball. BTW I didnt once mention that I wasnt happy with the Hawks on the weekend. I just said that it isnt fair to dig the boots in on a 19 year old kid who has struggled through injury.

Gee Jacqui all the more reason for Hawthorn supporters to sign up next year.
Membership should go through the roof with the emergance of the hard at it Nick Ries :eek: .
Jacqui deadset its hard to understand where you generate your opionions from :confused: , when did i once dig the boots in on Hodge??? i have said it that many times that Hodge is a good footballer and with time should be a gun for the footy club.
I did say however and you should read carefully here (although i know how hard it is for South Australians to do so) that Chris Judd was by far and away the best under age FOOTBALLER in the land and naturally Hawthorn should have recruited him.
Oh and where the hell did you get your views on Judd from?? didnt you and another fellow supporter suggest Judd was soft and a reciever??? Jacqui in which games did you actually notice how soft Judd is, and what games have you actually seen of Judd this year??.
This is gold :D i love you Jacqui you honestly turn me on :eek: keep up the good work buddy.

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacqui9 it was me who asked you for a positive out of the collingwood belting.

I fell off my chair laughing at your positive Nick Ries.

Now there is a guy who SKIRTS the packs and goes in once the ball is out of dispute. His foot skills and execution resemble that of One LUKE McCABE. Better know as "turnover Luke". He is simply just another one of Schwabs 75 kg players that has the presence of a GOLD FISH.

Well done I would be interested in seeing the POSITIVES you come up with this week.

Originally posted by My Man Croad

Now there is a guy who SKIRTS the packs and goes in once the ball is out of dispute. His foot skills and execution resemble that of One LUKE McCABE. Better know as "turnover Luke". He is simply just another one of Schwabs 75 kg players that has the presence of a GOLD FISH.

Well done I would be interested in seeing the POSITIVES you come up with this week.

I bet you wouldnt have to balls to tell him that to his face

Easy to say that when you are on the internet

What a foolish and Childish thing to say.

Number One I would have no hesitation in telling someone exactly what I thought I don't need the internet to hide behind.

And finally last time I checked i do believe that my BALLS have gone a missing.

LOL End of discussion.

Yeah mate, back off. Need to be an a$$hole

PS - your man croad cost us a good youngster from pick 10

Clearly you have no idea what the hell your on about Jacqui so how about a little hush hush from your corner.
You honestly are starting to sound like another Suzi, gee the Hawthorn board wouldnt be the same without 1.

cheers

Jacqui once again because your opinion differs from others that have had there say you have launched personal attacks against them. You are such a damn expert on anything anyone makes a comment about ie Football Tasmania, which of the Hawks are good players etc etc etc. I also don't appreciate being called a stubby short of a six pack.

Originally posted by My Man Croad

Nick Ries was a positive last week. Did you go to the game? The lad had a pretty decent game in a midfield that got well and truly flogged. My jury is still out on Ries as footballer, but to insinuate he is soft is plain ridiculous. Whether you think he is up to it at the highest level is another matter, but he doesn't SKIRT around the packs.
SOFT ALF footballers are few and far between and they don't generally play more than a few games.

I just read through this thread with a bit of interest. As an eagle supporter ofcourse Im happy with Judd but i can see why the hawks didnt pick him first. They werent sure about his shoulders. The eagles took the risk and it paid off for them.

I dont know alot about Hodge, and i will see some of him this weekend, but I do know he is a good player. You should be happy with what you have, and not complain about what you don't. Unless you can travel back in time and talk the hawk's selectors into picking Judd instead of Hodge there is nothing you can do about it. Obviously Hodge is taking longer to develop, but it is extremely rare for a player to have the instint impact that Judd did. I cant think of anyone else off the top of my head.

You have a good player in Hodge so why complare him to Judd. In my opinion you might want to concentrate on some of your players that arent performing atm

i really cant see what all this rubbish is about...

hodge is a gun, judd is a gun ... we got hodge, the eagles got judd...i think we did ok with that and still will do ok with it...

please lets just wipe this thread...i'm sick of seeing it on the board...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back