Hodge debate put to rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by lasher
i really cant see what all this rubbish is about...

hodge is a gun, judd is a gun ... we got hodge, the eagles got judd...i think we did ok with that and still will do ok with it...

please lets just wipe this thread...i'm sick of seeing it on the board...

Yes Sir, i didnt know that opinions and discussions about popular issues such as this werent alowed to be debated over.
Ill be sure to refrain from such discussions in future Mr.Admin man :eek: .

cheers

Originally posted by tige19
Yes Sir, i didnt know that opinions and discussions about popular issues such as this werent alowed to be debated over.
Ill be sure to refrain from such discussions in future Mr.Admin man :eek: .

cheers

i don't think that is the problem, the problem is that people are starting/contining to insult each other.

Originally posted by hecks99
Jacqui once again because your opinion differs from others that have had there say you have launched personal attacks against them. You are such a damn expert on anything anyone makes a comment about ie Football Tasmania, which of the Hawks are good players etc etc etc. I also don't appreciate being called a stubby short of a six pack.

:D :D :D

Heading that way but not yet.

As said, it's going to be an ongoing debate probably as long as their respective careers so may as well let the thread run with it (still going circa 2112?).

Might be fun to look back on!

But please keep it on topic and if that cant be done, then the ol' lock might just have to come out.

Thanks.

Today's Stats:

Kicks: Hodge 11 , Judd 10
Handpasses: Hodge 6 , Judd 7
Marks: Hodge 4 , Judd 1
Tackles: Hodge 4 , Judd 5

Goals: Hodge 1 , Judd 3

Originally posted by Hawk4Life
Today's Stats:

Kicks: Hodge 11 , Judd 10
Handpasses: Hodge 6 , Judd 7
Marks: Hodge 4 , Judd 1
Tackles: Hodge 4 , Judd 5

Goals: Hodge 1 , Judd 3

pretty even and they only won by 2 points so why all the fuss about judd over hodge..think we've done ok...

Originally posted by lasher
pretty even and they only won by 2 points so why all the fuss about judd over hodge..think we've done ok...

Can't see how yesterday should be used as a point of comparison.

Judd had an off day, and Hodge (another brilliant coaching move) was playing at true CHF most of the day.

If they were both playing midfield that comparison might be more pertinent.

Originally posted by Hodge_is_God
Can't see how yesterday should be used as a point of comparison.

Judd had an off day, and Hodge (another brilliant coaching move) was playing at true CHF most of the day.

If they were both playing midfield that comparison might be more pertinent.

Exactly, although I'll go even further by saying I can't see the point in comparisons anyway. Judd is allowed to play his natural game whereas Hodge is rarely allowed to.

Even if the both lined up against each other in the middle, I could couldn't care who did what. I'm happy to have Hodge and that's all I care about.

I can't believe the media are carrying on about Judd for 3 votes from yesterday's game. He's definitely over-rated if that's the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Grendel
Where have you heard that (Judd 3 votes)?

Fletcher was easy B.O.G for the game. Judd wouldn't have been in the top half dozen.

I heard two reports last night and one this morning all claiming Judd could have picked up another 3 votes for his game against us. Both radio and television.

I must admit, the report I heard on television this morning was from someone who obviously hadn't seen the game and was swayed by other reports he had heard ..... but all he could talk about was Judd.

Originally posted by andrew coombs
Judd was easily in the top half dozen. May even pick up a Brownlow vote.

Fletcher, Cousins, Wirrupunda, Seaby (going to be a player this kid), Morrison and Banfield all had better games (imo).

Judd kicked two very good goals in the space of a minute and played a servicable half. Didn't touch it in the first, did little in the last.

IF he gets Brownlow votes for that, it's the hype, not the actual game he played.

Originally posted by Grendel
Fletcher, Cousins, Wirrupunda, Seaby (going to be a player this kid), Morrison and Banfield all had better games (imo).

Judd kicked two very good goals in the space of a minute and played a servicable half. Didn't touch it in the first, did little in the last.

IF he gets Brownlow votes for that, it's the hype, not the actual game he played.

Went down and saw the game and cannot believe the hype over the game Judd played!
Agree with Grendel that Fletcher, imho, was easily BOG, but I wouldn't have had Judd in the best 10 on the ground. Yep Seaby, Wirrupunda (until Williams came on), Cousins, and maybe a couple of others were all better for the Eagles than Judd. Thommo would be stiff to miss out on Brownlow votes. And agree - I think the hype with Judd may have got a few confused on Saturday from the sounds of it.
Oh, fwiw, Hodgey was good without being great, but indicitive of where the playing group is by having him at CHF.

Hodge ahead of Judd and Ball was a huge draft blunder. All clubs make that kind of mistake sooner or later, but trying to excuse it by suggesting that Hodge is even in the same arena as Judd is just plain hilarious.

ERrrr....You were saying?....A decade on & methinks your call a tad premature there sport!o_O

I hate these bumps.. I look back in embarrassment.

You were clearly one of the more prolific posters back in the day....Yourself along with AH & Pessi are probably the oldest surviving of the current crew.... It's interesting how posts began to spike so far as interest on the Hawk board, around the time of the Rawlings defection/trade fiasco in late 2003.

It's opposition posters who have the most to be embarrassed about around the 2002-2006 era, from what I've been reading....Especially Tiggers supporters, they just can't seem to help themselves!....So many nuffies.

You were clearly one of the more prolific posters back in the day....Yourself along with AH & Pessi are probably the oldest surviving of the current crew.... It's interesting how posts began to spike so far as interest on the Hawk board, around the time of the Rawlings defection/trade fiasco in late 2003.

It's opposition posters who have the most to be embarrassed about around the 2002-2006 era, from what I've been reading....Especially Tiggers supporters, they just can't seem to help themselves!....So many nuffies.

I'm trying to think back to what I was doing back in 03/04.. Just starting Uni, drinking to much, playing footy and spending my weekends at spy lounge trying to drag a stray.

I was a feisty little bugger, quite aggressive and forward.

Times have changed, we've won 3 flags and I've got a girl pressing me for a ring and keeping me in check. I've mellowed lol.

Grendel was a bit disappointing as a mod, didn't offer a great deal of leadership on the board. I Wonder what he's doing now?

omg..................i was trying to put fires out about or beloved capn last year............. and what a joy to find out it has been going on for all this time. This is the Hawks board isn't it? I haven'te wandered onto t he scum's board or the cats or the swans???

omg..................i was trying to put fires out about or beloved capn last year............. and what a joy to find out it has been going on for all this time. This is the Hawks board isn't it? I haven'te wandered onto t he scum's board or the cats or the swans???

Nah mate, nufin so sinister....It just makes for an interesting comparison between a decade ago & now with regards the whole Hodge/Judd debate....Which has been topical on our board of late.

The turn around in perspective on the issue has almost reversed completely....Just an interesting exercise in historical perspective, & the need for caution in rushing to judgement too quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back