home/away strip

Remove this Banner Ad

Now Port are going to wear the prison bars o_O Good to see that Gale came out in support of Port and tweeted a photo of the clash guernsey that they always wear against Port.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-01/port-to-wear-prison-bars

Good result, but WTF is this:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...uernsey-against-richmond-20140901-10b5kr.html

"Talks between McLachlan and Collingwood president Eddie McGuire appear to have resolved the issue, with the AFL's football operations manager, Mark Evans, expressing his gratitude to the Magpies for supporting "a pragmatic resolution to the problem".
Collingwood and McGuire have reacted angrily in the past to any suggestion of Port wearing its traditional Magpies jumper. But the fact that Colingwood is not playing finals – along with the league's determination to present the game in the best possible fashion – led to the policy change.​

BUT WAIT - there's more - it actually HASN'T BEEN AGREED YET:

"We believe the application can succeed, because Port's heritage jumper is predominantly white on the back and we don't believe it will clash," Evans said. "If Port can order and supply the jumpers in time, then we will support them."

So there has just been "an application", which the AFL "cautiously supports", but won't quite agree to just yet, all the while grovelling to some other club's administration that hasn't even made finals - BUT the AFL stooges reserve the right to revoke it all if they don't like the end product??? How the hell is it a "pragmatic resolution to the problem" when it is just "an application" which "can succeed" only if certain conditions are met??

This is just sad fat bloated Andy Demmo's mob all over again.

I really hope the Power fans get stuck into the AFL, bloody disgrace from the muppets at AFL house. Seriously, either support it or knock it back, don't engage in this PC non-committal media spin, and certainly don't bloody genuflect to the house of McGuire for daring to not chuck (yet another) hissy fit.

I mean for goodness sake, just approve the heritage strip and get on with it, it isn't like the teams will have Paris Hilton's dogs on their jerseys...

Front_Back_WEB_1opgdzhe_zimwqo8p.jpg

The El Paso Chihuahuas present the second annual Bark at the Park http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20140716&content_id=84918516&fext=.jsp&sid=t4904

Odd thing is the Richmond clash strip is only not distinct enough for a final, there's been no issue the last few times that they've met during the season including round 7 last year at AAMI

images

Although admittedly that finals light can be tricky :rolleyes:

Seriously AFL like the Skilled Stadium fiasco no one will really care whatever the rule is but ****ing have a rule. How was this completely unforeseeable until after round 23 and the venue was decided?

Rules A, B, C, etc all set at the beginning of the year and if it doesn't work they get reviewed and altered before the next season. Again like the skilled deal or the eagles wearing an away strip at home a few weeks ago its not that its a big deal it's just strange that these decisions have to be made on the fly at all.

BUT WAIT - there's more - it actually HASN'T BEEN AGREED YET:

"We believe the application can succeed, because Port's heritage jumper is predominantly white on the back and we don't believe it will clash," Evans said. "If Port can order and supply the jumpers in time, then we will support them."

So there has just been "an application", which the AFL "cautiously supports", but won't quite agree to just yet, all the while grovelling to some other club's administration that hasn't even made finals - BUT the AFL stooges reserve the right to revoke it all if they don't like the end product??? How the hell is it a "pragmatic resolution to the problem" when it is just "an application" which "can succeed" only if certain conditions are met??

This is just sad fat bloated Andy Demmo's mob all over again.

I really hope the Power fans get stuck into the AFL, bloody disgrace from the muppets at AFL house. Seriously, either support it or knock it back, don't engage in this PC non-committal media spin, and certainly don't bloody genuflect to the house of McGuire for daring to not chuck (yet another) hissy fit.

That is pretty piss poor form from the AFL.

white shorts =/= a clash strip policy
and neither does adding MORE colours and contrast make an effective clash strip
if every team had predominantly light and predominantly dark strips, with shorts that match the jumper and NO side panels, the issue would be solved.
wear the dark at home and the light away. in the event that it clashes, the away side wears their other.

AFL really need to get their act together on this jumper thingy.
They made us wear the white shorts (we decided to wear the full away gear instead) in the GF even though there is really no clash.
Didn't really expect this sort of things to happen again...

Good for Port, they've earned it and its a good outcome that they get to wear the prison bars for the clash.

Agree with BeinPurplengreen, WTF AFL can just "tell" Port what they had to wear but "need" to get Collingwood's agreement for the prision bar jumpers??!!

complete farce.

they'll still have clashing jumpers because they've both got lots of black in them.

wearing white shorts does not stop the jumpers from clashing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all TV. They want a rainbow out there. ( HD ).
This is being driven by the broadcaster.
I'd say you're right about it being driven by Channel 7, but they don't broadcast in HD.

I reckon it probably has a lot to do with how 7 wish to market the game - they want Richmond to wear their traditional guernsey so they can associate it with the 'Tigers of Old' in their advertising and build up for the game.

Which is why the AFL have allowed the hackneyed compromise of prison bars for Port. It only furthers the ability of Channel 7 to market the game. It can be pitched as a battle of two great clubs from the VFL and SANFL.

I'd say you're right about it being driven by Channel 7, but they don't broadcast in HD.

I reckon it probably has a lot to do with how 7 wish to market the game - they want Richmond to wear their traditional guernsey so they can associate it with the 'Tigers of Old' in their advertising and build up for the game.

Which is why the AFL have allowed the hackneyed compromise of prison bars for Port. It only furthers the ability of Channel 7 to market the game. It can be pitched as a battle of two great clubs from the VFL and SANFL.

Really bringing the game back to the fans Gillan... well the Victorian ones. hey guys, it only adds more fuel to our fire I reckon, I think we will come out and play out of our skin on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back