Home brewing - Recipes, Equipment, Help

Just wondering if there are any avid home brewers out there?

I'm looking at venturing into full grain brewing and purchasing a Braumeister 20/50 lt system and would like some feedback good, bad or indifferent from those experienced in using these brewing systems.

I'm interested to know if you can use these systems to also put down different ciders and ginger beers.

One I get up and running would love to share and see some recipes posted and any hints, rips and tricks.

Max Power 83

All Australian
Jan 24, 2012
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ditto. Full mash brewing isn't for the faint hearted, so good luck to the OP in his endeavours.

Just jump straight in. You can keep it pretty simple. I do double batches of BIAB. Made about 8 brews and yet to make a bad one. While some haven't turned out exactly as planned, they range from drinkable to very good.

My advice would be to follow recipes online and keep it simple. Don't start off trying to step mash etc. It will only confuse things. Don't get too hung up on trying to hit all your numbers. If you are a few points off, you'll still end up with a very drinkable beer.

I planned on going braumeister originally, as I was intimidated by all the info out there, but given the price I'm glad I didn't. I feel you'll probably learn more about the process if you start off with a low tech system. Find out what works for you and then invest in a better rig. There are many options out there from single vessel like the braumeister, PID controlled 3 vessel, all in one like the brewha etc.

FWIW my rig cost about $300. When I move house I'll be upgrading. Currently tossing up between a brewha and the 3 vessel electric brewery.

Good luck. Relax and have fun with it.

Back