Remove this Banner Ad

GoBlues13

Debutant
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ford (Frosty)
Now this discussion topic is from round 23 where Hooker went up for the mark and missed but the umpire awarded him a free kick for high contact. Now it's a bit hard to see in the replay of the incident but you can see one of Hooker's teammates gets him high so therefore i think it should've been play on. What do you guys think?

Now this discussion topic is from round 23 where Hooker went up for the mark and missed but the umpire awarded him a free kick for high contact. Now it's a bit hard to see in the replay of the incident but you can see one of Hooker's teammates gets him high so therefore i think it should've been play on. What do you guys think?

I remember it. Your right it Should have been play on.

I thought it was going to be hooker's low contact. Slipped and got the sack.

Players will be forced to wear gloves with their team colours to reduce umpire confusion.
As a side effect, sticky gloves will also bring back high/contested marking.

Players will be forced to wear gloves with their team colours to reduce umpire confusion.
As a side effect, sticky gloves will also bring back high/contested marking.
They should be forced! We can't just have players being awarded free kicks for high contact by their own teammate! The gloves would be good because when they watch the replays they can tell whose hands are whose!

The problem though is that Collingwood were handed way more free kicks for that game, hence, who cares about the hooker free. The umpire was probably at an awkward angle to properly judge at full speed of the game..it happens.

In fact I believe that Essendon have the worst record for frees against in the last 15 years...umpires usually hand the tally of frees to the opposing teams, especially interstate..

The problem though is that Collingwood were handed way more free kicks for that game, hence, who cares about the hooker free. The umpire was probably at an awkward angle to properly judge at full speed of the game..it happens.

In fact I believe that Essendon have the worst record for frees against in the last 15 years...umpires usually hand the tally of frees to the opposing teams, especially interstate..
True! Collingwood were given a lot of frees!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back