Horror gaming

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what platform everyone here uses, but The Cat Lady has been bundled at https://groupees.com/ajay Probably not quite a horror game, but has some really dark elements with the main character dealing with depression and suicide. Very story driven, so a fair bit of the game has dialog throughout it - so from that point of view the character development is spot on. But if you like adventure games overall, it's worth checking out.

Do you think this is because of the Greenlight section on Steam?

I've got such a long list of games i want to play. :( Afterfall Insanity, Dementium 2, Paranormal, Daylight, Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil 4, Damned, Anna, Montague's Mount, Fatal Frame, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.... it never ends. :(

Not just greenlight, though it certainly helps get them more exposure. Just the openness of the platform really, anyone can make a game and put it out there.

Might post this here, sorry.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fps-redux-bundle/

Got Dead Effect from this bundle a few days back. It's alright, got a Doom 3 feel to the environment with Left 4 Dead type element to the gameplay. There are literally hordes of zombies that come at you. A decent challenge even on normal difficulty. Being an early access game it needs some small tweaking but fairly solid overall.

edit: The German voice acting is hilarious, it kind of sounds like someone who is doing a really bad Arnie impersonation. Aaand i just finished it in under 3 hours, it is definitely more of a demo though.

Last edited:
Might post this here, sorry.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fps-redux-bundle/

Got Dead Effect from this bundle a few days back. It's alright, got a Doom 3 feel to the environment with Left 4 Dead type element to the gameplay. There are literally hordes of zombies that come at you. A decent challenge even on normal difficulty. Being an early access game it needs some small tweaking but fairly solid overall.

edit: The German voice acting is hilarious, it kind of sounds like someone who is doing a really bad Arnie impersonation. Aaand i just finished it in under 3 hours, it is definitely more of a demo though.

Some terrible games in that bundle haha.

Playing Murdered: Soul Suspect at the moment. Not really spooky wooky but there's some parts that have made me jump unexpectedly. Lots of ghosts that just watch you in the distance too which is quite creepy.

I posted Manhunt in another thread somewhere a while ago. Not technically a horror game but definitely has some scary moments like the pigman chasing you with a chainsaw at the end. I couldn't play it for too long in one go

Some terrible games in that bundle haha.

Playing Murdered: Soul Suspect at the moment. Not really spooky wooky but there's some parts that have made me jump unexpectedly. Lots of ghosts that just watch you in the distance too which is quite creepy.

Haha yeah, most bundles i grab usually only have the 1 game i'm after and i end up trading the rest of the codes off for cards to complete some badges. :p

I've got Murdered Soul Suspect on my wishlist i might pick it up during the Winter Sale when it comes around. It's crazy how quick Square Enix games get discounted. Is it buggy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha yeah, most bundles i grab usually only have the 1 game i'm after and i end up trading the rest of the codes off for cards to complete some badges. :p

I've got Murdered Soul Suspect on my wishlist i might pick it up during the Winter Sale when it comes around. It's crazy how quick Square Enix games get discounted. Is it buggy?

I've got it on PS4 so I can't comment on the PC version but my game has crashed once and I did get stuck in a wall. Apart from that though no issues. It's also on sale frequently because it didn't sell very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back