Horsham DFL 2013

Piglet West

Rookie
Nov 2, 2011
Horsham
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey Piglet,
This is the only predicted final ladder that I found on this thread. Thought I would have posted one myself but apparentl;y not. Laharum will obviously finish top. Kalkee will sneak into third and maybe second. You have seriously underestimated Swifts and overestimated Taylors Lake. But all in all not a bad effort!

Just looking back at it now, I'm fairly comfortable with most of my comments. Kalkee will finish top 3 and it will be great to watch them go up against the top sides again and see how they go. Laharum is a bit of a surprise for me to be honest. I expected them to be good, but not undefeated. They look good moving the ball around and their pressure around the contest so they might go all the way again. Having said that, they still need to play Stawell and Eden-Aps again.

Stawell are a big shock for me. They've had all sorts of problems with the people they've been getting into the club in the past but it looks as if they finally have the mix right. There's still a few unsavory people kicking around down there, but they appear to be working for each other for a change and not for themselves. They look the goods and could potentially go to the last dance.

I'm a little disappointed with Taylors Lake this year. I thought they were on the way up. Looks like they have turned the corner but there's still plenty of work for them to do yet. Deek Roberts is one of the best players in the competition and is trying his hardest to break the old habits (swearing, fighting) of the Lakers but they are still often let down by their discipline.

The other side I'm quite interested to see where they go in the next year or so is Rupanyup. Could they be coming to an end? It's difficult to see them continuing for much longer with a pretty ordinary junior program and poor results on the field. Pimp are obviously worse off in terms of senior success but at least have plenty of numbers in the junior ranks. Added to that, Pimp is very close to Horsham which will make attracting new players a lot easier.

Any thoughts out there? This forum is pretty dead these days....

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
AFL Victoria Country have announced that they will be conducting a major strategic review into competition structures in the north west. Now that the review has been announced clubs are to stay in their current leagues for the 2015 season. The review is to be completed by June 2015 and any recommendations to be implemented for the 2016 season.

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
I did the ladder predictor on the HDFL Foxsportpulse site and this is what I came up with for the final ladder:
1 Laharum 72
2 Kalkee 56
3 Harrow Balmoral 56
4 Swifts 52
5 Edenhope Apsley 44
6 Taylors Lake 28
7 Natimuk United 24
8 Noradjuha-Quantong 20
9 Rupanyup 8
10 Pimpinio 0

The round 17 match of Harrow Balmoral vs Swifts could determine which of them finish in third spot.

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Congratulations to the HDFNL junior Best & Fairest winners:

Under 17 Joint Winner: Sam Anders - Kalkee
Under 17 Joint Winner: Alex Ridsdale - Natimuk
Under 17 Runner Up: Jedd Ombega - Natimuk

Under 14 Winner: Seth Blake - Swifts
Under 14 Runner Up: Corey Williams - Edenhope Apsley

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Have we seen the last to Tim Wade Moose? Crook shoulder likely to keep him out for the year?
Hey PP. Sorry for the late reply. But Tim Wade should be back in for the Semi or Prelim Final. Injury not as bad as first thought, surgery not required.

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Just trying to get some interest back in this forum. Anyone prepared to make some predictions on the following:

Seniors Premiers:
Seniors Runners Up:
Reserves Premiers:
Reserves Runner Up:
Under 17's Premiers:
Under 14's Premiers:
Seniors Best & Fairest:
Best Under 21 Player:
Reserves Best & Fairest:

Redlegs05

Debutant
Apr 6, 2010
Stawell
AFL Club
Essendon
Just trying to get some interest back in this forum. Anyone prepared to make some predictions on the following:

Seniors Premiers:
Seniors Runners Up:
Reserves Premiers:
Reserves Runner Up:
Under 17's Premiers:
Under 14's Premiers:
Seniors Best & Fairest:
Best Under 21 Player:
Reserves Best & Fairest:

Depends on the beddison injures I think whats the go with them moose

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great effort for Swifts to pull the flag off would they be likely to hold onto most?

Who would be the club near the bottom most likely to rise next year?

Back