Mega Thread Hot Topic - Drugs and AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

ESSENDON could get special dispensation to recruit state-league players from around Australia under a drugs suspension doomsday scenario.

The AFL and the Bombers have had talks about a contingency plan if players are suspended for taking performance-enhancing drugs.

If adopted, the Bombers would have access to non-AFL listed players to help field a team next year.

The players could be sourced from the VFL, the SANFL, the WAFL and state leagues of Tasmania, NSW and Queensland.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl... Feed - Bombers could get state pinch-hitters

194045-5be8b17a-6e2c-11e4-ae84-798920b22a79.jpg

This photo raises so many questions...

1) What self-respecting high performance team would purchase substances that are clearly so poorly labelled?
2) Why are there creases in the photo? Surely if the photo was taken in 2012, it would be digital. Am I to believe that Dean Wallis took the photo, printed it using a colour printer, folded up it for later use (say, if for instance there were doping charges) and then scanned it back into digital form? Why not just provide the digital copy?
3) Given the labeling is so poor, can we even trust that the vial contains thymomodulin?
4) How do we know this product is safe for human consumption?
5) Was this photo even taken at Essendon?

TOTY http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/vial-photo-puts-doubt-on-substance-involved.1082058/

many laughs be had.

My understanding was that Thymomodulin is just a generic sort of name for a string of peptides that are extracted from calves and that it's either going to consist of the good or bad Thymosin. Of course the Essendon players were reportedly on the injection regime for the illegal kind.

So a picture saying Thymomodulin, which we've now know for a year that they took, doesn't actually mean anything anyway.

Last edited:
My understanding was that Thymomodulin is just a generic sort of name for a string of peptides that are extracted from calves and that it's either going to consist of the good or bad Thymosin. Of course the Essendon players were reportedly on the injection regime for the illegal kind.

So a picture saying Thymomodulin, which we've now know for a year that they took, doesn't actually mean anything anyway.

the players have to prove that they didn't take thymosin beta-4. i think there's thymodulin (various thymosins) where thymosin alpha is ok and thymosin beta-4 is bad.

effectively a photo of a vial of thymodulin is basically their evidence that they didn't take specifically B4

(dont quote me i gave up following this saga ages ago but the thread was too many lols to avoid)

Last edited:
the players have to prove that they didn't take thymosin beta-4. i think there's thymodulin (good) thymosin alpha (ok) and thymosin beta-4 (bad).

effectively a photo of a vial of thymodulin is basically their evidence that they took that and not beta-4.

(dont quote me i gave up following this saga ages ago but the thread was too many lols to avoid)

Yeah I'd given up on the whole thing too, at least until a few days ago when it started getting interesting again.

I'm just going off what I seem to recall Gerard Whateley saying on the radio awhile back, which was something along the lines of thymodulin on it's own being a totally meaningless term because it's basically a 50/50 chance to actually contain thymosin beta-4.

ESSENDON could get special dispensation to recruit state-league players from around Australia under a drugs suspension doomsday scenario.

The AFL and the Bombers have had talks about a contingency plan if players are suspended for taking performance-enhancing drugs.

If adopted, the Bombers would have access to non-AFL listed players to help field a team next year.

The players could be sourced from the VFL, the SANFL, the WAFL and state leagues of Tasmania, NSW and Queensland.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl... Feed - Bombers could get state pinch-hitters

When do state league players usually sign contracts? If a final decision isnt made until March, will the AFL force state league clubs to accept players tearing up contracts - or will they just bribe them with $$$$$$.??

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/essendon-could-be-allowed-to-use-stateleague-pinchhitters-in-a-drugs-doomsday-scenario/story-e6frf3e3-1227127514353?sv=a1446c03f6b5266d49bf1e06f74b339f#itm_s=foxs&itm_t=home&itm_c=content-3&itm_o=1&itm_l=Fox Feed - Bombers could get state pinch-hitters

That should do wonders for their salary cap. As long as their "selections" are after all the drafts, as long as these players are treated kinda like LTI rookie elevations and as long as they go immediately back to their local comps once suspensions are done - I guess this sort of thing is the only way they are going to be able to field a team. May be appealing to mature-agers looking for an audition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crameri and Prismall have said they are happy to have public hearings signalling the first break in the ranks of the Gang of 34.

Jon Pierik of The Age reports that a preliminary hearing date of 15 December 2014 has been set.

Bulldog players break ranks

I have not seen a statement that players can't train with their Club. So looks like Angus & Paddy are ok to go to Dubai.

I know that Angus is definitely going to Dubai.

Crameri and Prismall have said they are happy to have public hearings signalling the first break in the ranks of the Gang of 34.

Jon Pierik of The Age reports that a preliminary hearing date of 15 December 2014 has been set.

Bulldog players break ranks
Preliminary hearing 15th December and then break a month for Christmas.

Draft those back up ruckmen Mr Parker.

I have not seen a statement that players can't train with their Club. So looks like Angus & Paddy are ok to go to Dubai.

As the tribunal date is set for Dec 15 and likely to take a few weeks, both Gus and Paddy would have gone to Dubai and returned by the time any decision is reached.

194045-5be8b17a-6e2c-11e4-ae84-798920b22a79.jpg

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

I assume that's what happens next.
I know nothing about law, but how can such a photo prove anything?

Triple likes for posting a picture of Phoenix Wright. I love those games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back