Mega Thread Hot Topic - Drugs and AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkley was at Gold Coast 2010-2012
Irrelevant! This was a substance supplied to ONE individual to aid his recovery from injury. I doubt a SINGLE coach or GC official would have had any inkling at all of this. It would be similar to the Saad case - No St Kilda officials & coaches were involved.

If any of you watched the 4 Corners story on this about 3 months after the big February presser - there was a reinactment of a meeting between 3 or 4 officials from one club and a compounding chemist. The chemist told the officials what he could do for the club what otherclubs did.

The story going around at the time of the 4 Corners story was the club was Carlton and the chemist was Alavi.

Irrelevant! This was a substance supplied to ONE individual to aid his recovery from injury. I doubt a SINGLE coach or GC official would have had any inkling at all of this. It would be similar to the Saad case - No St Kilda officials & coaches were involved.

I was only responding to a question from cj_09 ...see above ,,, I waz making no comment or accusation or inference!!!!

If any of you watched the 4 Corners story on this about 3 months after the big February presser - there was a reinactment of a meeting between 3 or 4 officials from one club and a compounding chemist. The chemist told the officials what he could do for the club what otherclubs did.

The story going around at the time of the 4 Corners story was the club was Carlton and the chemist was Alavi.
All we need is some link to Dr.Edelsten and I'm hooked.

Why are ASADA wasting their time with allegations against other clubs? Haven't they learnt their lesson from the Essendon fiasco?
Hey, it got Essendon out of two drafts and effectively got us Ryder. I don't think we need to punish any additional players from other clubs, but the AFL excluding Carlton and especially GC from one draft for poor governance sounds fair. :D

Geez yet ANOTHER delay with it adjourned to Tuesday. Reminds of the Simpsons episode where Homer is calling coaches hotline.

Judge: You want some of this don't you?
Fans: Yeah!
Judge: Well, you need to know the verdict, and I know the verdict! So call me now.. whoah. (fast) Five dollars for the first minute, two dollars for each additional minute! (fan calls)
Judge: You.... have reached... the... judges... hot...
Fans: Line...
Judge: Line...
Fans: Yeah, lay it on me, judge!
Judge: In the case of.... A..S.A.....D...A
Fans: Mmmhmm
Judge: Versus Es..
Fans: Essendon...
Judge: se...
Judge: Essendon...
Judge: ndo..
Fans: Essendon...
Judge: n...
Fans: Come on, come on, don't you realize this is costing me money!!
Judge: We must consider... many... things.... The needles...
Fans: D'oh, not the needles!
Judge: were purchased from the .... West
Fans: Oow...
Judge: At five...
Fans: Dollars per needle!!!
Judge: dollars...
Fans: D'oh, this is ridiculous!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-15/asada-case-adjourned-
THE CASE between the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and 34 past and present Essendon players has been adjourned until next Tuesday.

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal sat again on Thursday morning, albeit briefly, to discuss a number of procedural issues. The hearing, which is being held behind closed doors at the Victorian County Court, will now resume on Tuesday, January 20.

On Wednesday, ASADA finished its opening submissions against the past and present players in questions, with the anti-doping body's lawyer Malcolm Holmes QC continuing to present evidence on what was the hearing's sixth day.

Another medical expert was called to help build ASADA's case.
When Holmes concludes his submission, lawyers for the players will argue the players were given a legal version of thymosin, thymosin alpha-1 or thymodulin........
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-15/asada-case-adjourned-

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cynic in me assumes that any developments will be timed perfectly for the cricket World Cup.

When are the finals scheduled to start?

The first game is Feb 14th ...final is on March 29th

Surely after all this time, they wouldn't hand out lengthy bans. I'm actually past caring about whether any player is guilty: just hand down the findings, and let's get on with the footy!!!!

I think most people feel sympathetic to the players to a degree.......it's the attitude of their club that has annoyed most people.

I think most people feel sympathetic to the players to a degree.......it's the attitude of their club that has annoyed most people.
No argument there, and the Paddy Ryder trade fiasco only heightened my perception that their arrogance knows no bounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back