How are we going to kick a winning score?

Remove this Banner Ad

Your wish has been granted. Prestia has been named in the forward pocket.

B: Toy Bock Thompson
HB: Wilkinson Brown Harbrow
C: McKenzie Brennan Bennell
HF: D Stanley Lynch G Ablett
F: Dixon Fraser Prestia
FOLL: Smith Swallow Rischitelli
I/C: Iles Liddy Shaw Jolly

Haha yeh Maxxy, very happy they have done that. Hope Presty grabs his chance up there now.

Still not happy about Fraser at full forward... playing a ruckman as a full forward has always been a dodgey concept even back in the good old days when I was a kid.

And it means Smith doesn't get a "real" rest when he changes with Fraser... instead he is expected to present a lead as the key forward target... which he is too slow to do and too knackered as he has just been rucking all over the ground... it is only going to lead him to burning out even faster than he currently is. Oh well!!!

Haha yeh Maxxy, very happy they have done that. Hope Presty grabs his chance up there now.

That Dion Prestia is one hell of a gutsy footballer - Was very impressed with him today. I don't know if he will be the answer up forward but he should be a certain selection each week (unless they rest him).

Still don't know what the final story with full forward is going to be. I wonder how Thompson would go up there .. He took a couple of nice grabs today.

Yep, Thompson is a keeper for sure Sandy. He looks like he could hold down that 2nd tall key defender position for the remainder of the season... which would allow Coad when match fit (maybe as soon as next week) to come into the side at full forward?

Sure Thompson is still very raw and as with all our young players another season in the gym is going to do him a world of good, but also as we saw yesterday Thompson shut the Tigers 2nd tall forward Vickery completely... Held Vickery goaless in a game when Reiwoldt was well-done on form/injured and the tigers needed Vickery to stand-up and win the game for them.

However the best thing Thompson is providing is the freeing up of Campbell Brown from having to play on the oppositions 2nd tall fwd. And yesterday shows how dangerous Brown can be when he gets to play his natural game, and the frustration we had seen in Brown the last month was gone.

Bring Coad into the equation, possibly as our full forward option, and the team balance is starting to look a lot healthier. And gives you the option of moving Coad down back if things start to go pear shaped against the top 8 teams... ie. as the Bombers do with Hurley.

Dixion is still a big uncertainty. The kid showed more aggression yesterday before he was subbed... but still cannot take a grab. He again had 0 marks as the key position forward and only 1 tackle... Got the ball a few times, but never uses the first option and then turns the ball over... The club needs to tattoo on the back of both his hands FIRST OPTION so the kid doesnt bloody forget! Probably the most frustrating of all our kids to watch.

The tigers were very poor after qtr time yesterday and handed us the game on a platter after thier terrible 3rd qtr. But to our credit our fwd line pressure was SOOOOOOO much better than last week... and the fwd line stats are so much more pleasing....

Lynch 2 marks, 5 tackles
Brennan 8 marks, 5 tackles
Prestia 5 marks, 7 tackles
Stanley 5 marks, 2 tackles

And didn't it make a difference. When the ball hit the ground up forward at least if we didn't score, we held the ball inside the 50 until another opportunity popped up.

Great win by the boys, great for the club. Finally gelled as a team which we hadn't for over a month and showed immense improvement.

Scrap my Coad idea @ full forward, re-done his hammy, out for the season as is Gorringe with an ankle injury at this stage. Sucks for both and the club.

Sorry if I'm intruding, haven't read the last 3 pages either, but I have heard that a certain out of favour forward who has been strongly linked to the GWS has also been considering a move more... northerly

Well I don't wanna name names, it's a small town after all, but there's a formel local employed at your football club who played with Essendon and Fremantly now trying to lure an out of contract former local again who plays for the camries

So without naming names, it would be fair to say Sean doloman is sweet talking Turt kippett? ... But I didn't think he was out of contract until end of 2012? Taylor Walker, a Broken Hill lad, is uncontracted though.

You might be on to something there... anyway, just a rumour supposedly, hiding behind the much more talked about GWS like it has already happened

I'm still not sold that we need to bring in an experienced forward, and it's been said by GC staff that it won't happen.

We have plenty of tall forwards, as we all know. They will learn with time, for sure. They're already much better than the start of the season. I actually think having Ablett up forward on Saturday helped the structure out a lot. But with Brennan floating up there quite often, he's also I'm sure offering some things -- as well as the Bull. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep pizza man, Walker is going to be extra hot property come trades week. He is a very good player unfortunately in the shadow of Tippett at the Crows. I would give my left testicle for Walker to come to the Suns but the $$$ and a chance for him to return home to the NSW might prove too much for him to pass up.

Yeah, against the Cats it was more the midfield that suffered today. The forward line cannot function if it's never UP there. I think the number of inside-50s set a record for the Cats. Bit of a bummer, especially considering that's been a strength of ours.

I actually wouldn't mind putting Gazza up at Half Forward for a few weeks, if nothing more to experiment. He can also offer leadership and structures up that way, if it needs it. On top of obviously giving another good pair of hands to kick to.

Also, I saw Taylor Walker on the weekend. I changed my mind. We should try and get him at all costs. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back