Strategy How can we improve in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to bomb it long into the square while darling makes himself into a little ball on the ground and Kennedy or Nic Nat use him as a leaping platform for countless screamers. That would be game changing stuff.:D

Nicked from the mainboard - every teams win loss record against the top 8
Whilst it is a really awful record, we had very good opportunity to beat both Essendon and Port, which would have pushed us up to just outside the 'eight' of that ladder, which is exactly where we stand at the minute.

It's not as if we have been completely uncompetitive against the top 8 sides (though we certainly are against the top 3). Lack of midfield leadership is the reason - we need someone in the middle to lift the side when oppositions get a run-on or when our other players start freaking out under pressure and blindly bomb it I50.

Nicked from the mainboard - every teams win loss record against the top 8

I think that should be justification on why we should be getting pick 1 in the draft then :)

Whilst it is a really awful record, we had very good opportunity to beat both Essendon and Port, which would have pushed us up to just outside the 'eight' of that ladder, which is exactly where we stand at the minute.

It's not as if we have been completely uncompetitive against the top 8 sides (though we certainly are against the top 3). Lack of midfield leadership is the reason - we need someone in the middle to lift the side when oppositions get a run-on or when our other players start freaking out under pressure and blindly bomb it I50.
This, plus Simpson needs some experienced coaching staff around him to assist in pressure situations.

0-9..... My lord we suck.

And people actually gave us a chance in the finals? Don't try and silver line it with "Oh but we almost beat.." And "we really pushed...."

A loss is a loss. And we've had plenty against quality teams. I want that Sydney record over us next year to be gone. The haven't beaten since 2007 record.

0-9..... My lord we suck.

And people actually gave us a chance in the finals? Don't try and silver line it with "Oh but we almost beat.." And "we really pushed...."

A loss is a loss. And we've had plenty against quality teams. I want that Sydney record over us next year to be gone. The haven't beaten since 2007 record.

The fact that we couldnt beat collyflog at the g this year is damning too - ffs they are absolute pants this year

we should have beaten them that first game - i hope and pray that we have them at the g next year - thats one hoodoo id like sorted

I guess there were a lot of games we should have won but didn't. While beating the Pies is always fun, beating more than one top 4 team in a season is the one I'm looking for.

I guess there were a lot of games we should have won but didn't. While beating the Pies is always fun, beating more than one top 4 team in a season is the one I'm looking for.

Yes - but its not just that its the pies - of course i hate them - but its the fact that we havnt beaten them at the g in sooooooo long. When we were top of the table and they at the bottom they beat us.

Hate to go see them in a final and have that hoodoo hanging over our heads

You need to put that collingwood loss into pespective...

We were playing our absolute BEST football, whilst collingwood were playing some of their very worst... and they STILL managed to not only stick with us throughout the entire game, but also pinch the win in the last quater.

That speaks volumes about just how good our best football really is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to put that collingwood loss into pespective...

We were playing our absolute BEST football, whilst collingwood were playing some of their very worst... and they STILL managed to not only stick with us throughout the entire game, but also pinch the win in the last quater.

That speaks volumes about just how good our best football really is.
Then how did we beat them by 60 later?

Nah Elliot played,

Brown, Swan, Ball, and Grundy?

COLLINGWOOD
B

• Marley Williams,
  • Jack Frost,
  • Tyson Goldsack
HB

• Alan Toovey,
  • Lachlan Keeffe,
  • Heritier Lumumba
C

• Steele Sidebottom,
  • Brent Macaffer,
  • Alex Fasolo
HF

• Jarryd Blair,
  • Jesse White,
  • Sam Dwyer
F

• Jamie Elliott,
  • Travis Cloke,
  • Ben Reid
FOL

• Jarrod Witts,
  • Dayne Beams,
  • Scott Pendlebury
I/C

• Tim Broomhead,
  • Ben Kennedy,
  • Tony Armstrong
SUB

• Clinton Young

I think our midfield is where we could improve next year. Hopefully at least one of Yeo, Sheed and Colledge can have a breakout year in the midfield. Yeo was looking real good before he broke his hand and Sheed showed glimpses. Colledge has been really consistent at East Perth and hopefully can become that big body we need around the stoppages. Shuey played like a genuine A-grader the last 5 rounds so hopefully he can carry that on to next year. Gaff had an underrated year too imo and is becoming a more rounded midfielder. Add Pridda, Scooter, Masto, Rosa, Wellingham, Hutch as well as Lecca and Ellis rotating through there we have fairly good depth in the midfield. We know our forwards and defenders are good so if our midfield can step up then i think we can push for top 6 next year.

our best football is good enough to challenge all but maybe 2 or 3 teams. we look like the f*cking harlem globetrotters when we're up and going - this has been the case for a few years now.

the problem - and the main issue that Simpson direly needs to address - is that our best and worst are MILES apart. we have so many players who reak of mental weakness, and that is an indictment on the players themselves and the coaching staff. it was an issue under Worsfold, but appears to be even moreso under Simpson.

Last edited:
- Uninterrupted pre-season for NN
- Draft Pickett and Waterman
- apply shutdown roles for players during games. Its all well and good deciding which players to tag pre game but the problem seems to be giving away decent leads after half time usually caused by an unexpected opposition player coming out and dominating.

Grundy wasn't in their best 22 for most of the season. Ball struggled as well. Brown missed most of the year.

So they were basically missing Swan?
Yeah they weren't as depleted as they were against Brisbane. But they were still out of form. They are about the same level as us...only they debuted about 5 times as many players this year (hyperbole alert)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back