How crap is our cheer squad during games

Remove this Banner Ad

My first year as a 3121 member and I reckon it's the biggest rip-off ever. $1025 ($1060 if you didn't get in early) and you have to find your own seat. it's Ok if you're on the piss and staying inside, but I haven't been drinking for a while.
I will be downgrading to premiership circle next year. Just as good a view half the price and you have your own seat.
The only good thing about 3121 having no reserved seats is that you can take guests and sit together (if you get there early enough to find a good seat). The AFL members section for away games at the G is good, too. not sure what our entitlements are for this week though.
I also notice the past two games (since the upgrades) that the atmosphere has been, let's say, a bit more raucous up in 3121, probably with the influx of reserved seat holders getting their free upgrade to 3121.
I upgraded to Inner Sanctum for free, but haven't been over there as I don't like the Ponsford Stand.
I quite like the Ponsford stand, but I am in a similar boat to you in having 3121 and have upgraded to Inner Circle but not sure what I will do for next year.
I don't really take advantage of all the extra perks and the main thing I want is just to be able to turn up to every game and get 2 guaranteed grand final tickets if we play, so a downgrade is probably my best option. The 2 x 3121 or 1 x Inner Circle is a lot of money each year to not take advantage of all the extras.

ooooh someone is on the angry pills

Chill the **** out campaigner :rainbow:

DON'T YOU TELL ME TO CHILL OUT campaigner. I AM RELAXED. I AAAAMMMMM RELAXED.

Remind me not to sit near you when I set one off.

Not sure if serious? :p

Don't put me in an awkward position, where i have tho make that kind of decision. People wanna act like soccer *******s, go do it at the soccer. leave our game alone. Don't do it, don't call me dude (either).

Don't put me in an awkward position, where i have tho make that kind of decision. People wanna act like soccer *******s, go do it at the soccer. leave our game alone. Don't do it, don't call me dude (either).

flares are banned at AFL games i think? rightly so too

flares are banned at AFL games i think? rightly so too

I don't think anyone has ever brought one in?

also there banned in A-league games, doesn't stop people bringing them in.

A: Why the * would I want to breathe that s**t into my lungs for starters?
B: It's not an Australian thing to do. It's just another group of copycat *******s acting like morons. The fanatics prove my point on this.
C: It's not just the flares, it's the mindless violence that occurs as well. Look at the damage done to AMMI stadium after a derby or Victory V Sydney match. If anyone thinks that adds to the atmosphere or culture of the game, they are deluded fools.

A: Why the **** would I want to breathe that s**t into my lungs for starters?
B: It's not an Australian thing to do. It's just another group of copycat *******s acting like morons. The fanatics prove my point on this.
C: It's not just the flares, it's the mindless violence that occurs as well. Look at the damage done to AMMI stadium after a derby or Victory V Sydney match. If anyone thinks that adds to the atmosphere or culture of the game, they are deluded fools.
what happened to AAMI Stadium?

what happened to AAMI Stadium?

I see you support Victory. You have never seen or read about the destruction of busted seats and damage after a Victory/Heart game or Victory/Sydney game? Let alone the ********s acting like ********s in the bars pre game?

yehh I have, I take it you where refering to AAMI park in melb?

Victory aren't a problem

Wherever there are flares and violence at sport there's a problem. And I have a big problem with that. And Victory are involved in that garbage.

Haha I see someone lets the media determine their opinion :rolleyes:
The only time I've ever felt unsafe at an A-League game is when the blood thirsty riot police start getting bored and start trying to agitate the spectators.
I've seen more punch ons at the footy that's for sure.

Really? Don't make assumptions on my intellect pally.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have some Horlicks and off to bed :D

I'd kill for a whore to lick me in bed.
I just don't get violent and destructive behaviours at anytime. We have the best country in the world, so much good going for it. There's a reason people want to live here. I don't get why we need to be like other countries in some things. Aus was awesome to grow up in in the '80's and 90's. I bet if we took some kids back in time and let them hit 18 at around 1991/2, and they knew what the country was gonna be like in 2015, they'd never let it happen. It's sad when you think about it.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

I see you support Victory. You have never seen or read about the destruction of busted seats and damage after a Victory/Heart game or Victory/Sydney game? Let alone the ********s acting like ********s in the bars pre game?
I can't remember any damage after the Victory v Sydney Final. Wasn't even a flare..... In fact it's been a very long time since issues at a Victory v Sydney game.

And regarding ********s in pubs before the game. I've seen just as many ********s in pubs before a Richmond game and a Collingwood game plus a Carlton game.........

I can't remember any damage after the Victory v Sydney Final. Wasn't even a flare..... In fact it's been a very long time since issues at a Victory v Sydney game.

And regarding ********s in pubs before the game. I've seen just as many ********s in pubs before a Richmond game and a Collingwood game plus a Carlton game.........

To be fair, Richmond supporters never conducted a public protest and a boycott of games because the MCC wouldn't let them stand on seats any more

Yes the violence stuff has been played up, but victory fans have been their own worst enemy at times with some of the crap they have fought over

I mean seriously boycotting games because you can't stand on seats?!?!?!?

To be fair, Richmond supporters never conducted a public protest and a boycott of games because the MCC wouldn't let them stand on seats any more

Yes the violence stuff has been played up, but victory fans have been their own worst enemy at times with some of the crap they have fought over

I mean seriously boycotting games because you can't stand on seats?!?!?!?
You need to read up on these issues before writing about them. If only it was so petty.

Short story. Club, stadiums and FFA wanted the 'active area' to be tarped off seperate to all other fans and controlled by the 3 Parties. To enter you needed ID and a special membership with your details passed onto security and police INCASE of incidents. Flags, banners, drums megaphones etc had to be approved by the club/FFA..... Yet nothing to do with standing on seats as these bays are standing room only and everyone who goes to games is aware of this. No members of the public were allowed to join in the Active Bays. As the North Terrus is a inderpendant support group unlike Cheer Squads in AFL they boycotted the bay's behind the goals and moved to GA still at matches supporting the boys at every home game. For the away derby v Heart that year the North Terrus was active and signing as restrictions only applied to home matches at Docklands and Swan St.

1 season on the Victory have record crowds averaging 27k.... record membership of 24k. Victory now have match day Active GA tickets for Walk Up if you want to join in and the 6 active bays at Swan St and the 14 bays at Docklands are always sold out. Not bad for a backwater league that apparently no one watches. NRL wished they had those numbers.

I know Victory fans (a select few) in the past have been there own worst nightmare, however, they told the club to shove it and that they would be nothing without them.
A-League fans won't sit quiet and will shove it to the man in a way to get better rights. The club even came out and said they got it wrong...... NOTHING TO DO WITH STANDING ON SEATS!!!!

AFL fans are being dictated to by the media, AFL and clubs. Everything has become PC. FFS we can't even 'BOOO' now cause apparently it's Racist. We can't yell at the umps, stand and cheer, get emotionally worked up and yell without security being called. The match day experience is dead at AFL. This is the worst year yet. I used to love the Atmopshere at Tigers Games but it's gone. I'm only 24 so I can't remember the good days but you hear stories from older tigers fans at work and you think what the hell happened to not only this great club but the league in full. No flashing LED lights will bring Atmopshere to the games!!! The people bring it. I think the noose is so tight that no one is quite sure what we can yell or cheer now at the footy!!!

Last edited:
None of you obviously saw the SANFL GF's that Central District won (about 8 in 11 years).... Their supported set off Flares every year....

You need to read up on these issues before writing about them. If only it was so petty.

Short story. Club, stadiums and FFA wanted the 'active area' to be tarped off seperate to all other fans and controlled by the 3 Parties. To enter you needed ID and a special membership with your details passed onto security and police INCASE of incidents. Flags, banners, drums megaphones etc had to be approved by the club/FFA..... Yet nothing to do with standing on seats as these bays are standing room only and everyone who goes to games is aware of this. No members of the public were allowed to join in the Active Bays. As the North Terrus is a inderpendant support group unlike Cheer Squads in AFL they boycotted the bay's behind the goals and moved to GA still at matches supporting the boys at every home game. For the away derby v Heart that year the North Terrus was active and signing as restrictions only applied to home matches at Docklands and Swan St.

1 season on the Victory have record crowds averaging 27k.... record membership of 24k. Victory now have match day Active GA tickets for Walk Up if you want to join in and the 6 active bays at Swan St and the 14 bays at Docklands are always sold out. Not bad for a backwater league that apparently no one watches. NRL wished they had those numbers.

I know Victory fans (a select few) in the past have been there own worst nightmare, however, they told the club to shove it and that they would be nothing without them.
A-League fans won't sit quiet and will shove it to the man in a way to get better rights. The club even came out and said they got it wrong...... NOTHING TO DO WITH STANDING ON SEATS!!!!

AFL fans are being dictated to by the media, AFL and clubs. Everything has become PC. FFS we can't even 'BOOO' now cause apparently it's Racist. We can't yell at the umps, stand and cheer, get emotionally worked up and yell without security being called. The match day experience is dead at AFL. This is the worst year yet. I used to love the Atmopshere at Tigers Games but it's gone. I'm only 24 so I can't remember the good days but you hear stories from older tigers fans at work and you think what the hell happened to not only this great club but the league in full. No flashing LED lights will bring Atmopshere to the games!!! The people bring it. I think the noose is so tight that no one is quite sure what we can yell or cheer now at the footy!!!
Soccer kills the AFL for atmosphere. No contest.

I don't think anyone has ever brought one in?

428177-an-pic-grand-final-smoke.jpg

2011 SANFL Final. Apparently they let them off a lot at Centrals.

If it was nothing to do with jumping on seats, talk to your own active members. They were crying in TV interviews how etihad management didn't understand football culture, and that jumping up and down on a seat was an integral part of the game

You even had some supporters say that their active support was more important to the club winning games than the players themselves

It may have been something bigger for you and a few, but for most, it was about fighting for their right to jump up and down on a seat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back