Cars & Transportation How do I get a spider out of my car?

Remove this Banner Ad

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There's a huntsman spider that has somehow found its way into my car and set up shop somewhere in the panels underneath the steering column. It dropped on my bare leg this morning and I damn near crashed the car.

Any tips for somehow enticing it out? The car's a 2007 Honda Civic if it makes any difference.

Oh good lord. :D

This sounds like a question my brother would ask. Is that you .....................?

Don't be such a softy and get in there and kill it.

If possible, I'd rather not kill the little fella.

Not a bad idea if I can't come up with anything else though. I didn't even think about bug sprays, cheers.

If possible, I'd rather not kill the little fella.

Not a bad idea if I can't come up with anything else though. I didn't even think about bug sprays, cheers.

Feed it this, might come out.

Spider-25g.jpg

Clean your car.

They feed on insects mainly, all the dead ones that are loitering in your rubbish. Give the car a really good clean, and it'll move on by itself.

Either that, or set a 'trap'. Their hungry buggers and will go chasing insects, yet are 'almost' unable to hurt an adult human. Collect some dead flies, put them on a piece of card, when he comes out, cover him with the jar, take to the garden and let him go.

This.

Having previously studied industrial design, I know that it is impossible to remove a huntsman spider from the panels under the steering column in a 2007 Honda Civic.

Surely you bought huntsman insurance.
I was young and stupid. I thought it could never happen to me.

Serious answer, I'm not sure if it's the same thing but sounds similar to what happened to me a while ago.

One day I was driving and a huntsman just casually strolled onto the steering wheel, and I shat bricks. Happened a few times but each time by the time I'd pulled over to stomp him he'd gone back 'inside' the car.

Anyway long story short, eventually I popped the bonnet, had a look around and found him in a web on the windscreen side behind the engine and some other thing I don't know the name of. Managed to fish him out with the oil rod. Might be worth a try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hang on

If AC is = to MC + EP + LD is = to ACT but the angles are > 18 but < 24 + 7 / 12 = AM being @ 0% then who is gopower?

Show your working out.

ScratchingHead.jpg

once a massive huntsman came down from a tree as I opened my car door and sat on my shoulder I freaked out and flicked it into my car. I refused to drive until I found it, 3 hours later...under the visor on the passenger side, I also used a golf club to open the visor, he died that day.

There's a huntsman spider that has somehow found its way into my car and set up shop somewhere in the panels underneath the steering column. It dropped on my bare leg this morning and I damn near crashed the car.

Any tips for somehow enticing it out? The car's a 2007 Honda Civic if it makes any difference.

:eek: **** I would have totally crashed my car if that happened to me.

I have the same car except a 1998 Civic- and I've been noticing little spiderwebs/ cobwebs around like the outside mirrors, and sometimes inside the car too.

The ****ing bastards are in there somewhere. :(

Surface spray?

:thumbsu:

Gonna spray my car. Just a tip tho to people, maybe spray your car when you're not going to use it for say 24 hours. That stuff is lethal, I wouldnt want to be driving around breathing it in.

I didn't even think about bug sprays, cheers.

I had some spider living behind by side mirror and that didn't spring into mind for a while either. :rolleyes:

I never actually saw the spider but every day I'd have to clean a massive web covering the whole mirror. Took me about 2 weeks to spray some Mortein behind the mirror ... problem solved.

Do you know if it's a female or a male? If it's a female, put a 30% off sale sign on your roof and it should be attracted to it. When it climbs up onto your roof hit it with a cricket bat. If it's a male spider, sticky tape a female spider to your roof. Make sure you spread it legs, all 8 of them, then the male will be attracted to it and you can whack it with a cricket bat. Perhaps pop a stubby beside it as well for greater attraction.

Gather round friends I shall tell you a tale.

....so earlier this year I was driving to work in the morning and as I turn onto a certain street I was blinded by the sun. I pulled down the visor as you do and what should be there but a great big ****ed up spider!!!! I swear to god I went pale as s**t and every hair on my body was standing.

When I parked the car, i went to find something to get rid of him with (i found an umbrella im my car). I tried poking him and the ****er hid somewhere.

Later that day I had to drive this car home knowning there was man-eating spider lurking in my car somewhere. Im a bit scared of giant spiders I must admit so I tucked my jeans into my socks lol.

When I got home i sprayed the entire car - every nook and cranny with bug spray til I saw the little bastard gasping for air.

I removed him with a giant stick and beat him to death.

so basically bug spray and a big stick should do it

Problem solved itself. He ran across the dashboard whilst I was driving along, and I had the presence of mind to open the passenger window. He stepped out and was blown away.

that's what you think.

What actually happened, he was caught by a gust of wind, but managed to shoot a string of web onto your bumper, swung around and held onto the boot.

When you stopped, he snuck into the lining of the boot, and is now sitting in wait, lurking under your chair.

Don't wear thongs.

:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back