Cars & Transportation How do I get a spider out of my car?

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem solved itself. He ran across the dashboard whilst I was driving along, and I had the presence of mind to open the passenger window. He stepped out and was blown away.

Congratulations.

A bit late for my suggestions now but should the problem reoccur you could either try prking a newer model Honda Civic next to your 2007 model, take cover and watch and wait as the huntsman grows out of his current home and moves into the newer one just like a hermit crab.

Either that, or for something a little easier just set the radio station to Triple J and turn it up. ;)

I've had cobwebs on my car for ages and have gotten rid of them a couple of times and they keep coming back. Today I put a flyspray bomb in my car, it better work.

Spiders!! yurck shudder!! :eek: At least it's now gone.

Spiders are easier to "get rid of" than chasing cane toads around a wet soggy yard at night with my "destroyer" aka Dettol spray bottle. One of my woofers aim in life is to eat them but as their outside skin is toxic and can kill a small dog (mine are Dalmations) she was a very sick girl one day.

Score so far in the past 6 weeks is Gabbie 30 Cane Toads 0

There's a huntsman spider that has somehow found its way into my car and set up shop somewhere in the panels underneath the steering column. It dropped on my bare leg this morning and I damn near crashed the car.

Any tips for somehow enticing it out? The car's a 2007 Honda Civic if it makes any difference.
Oh dear its much harder to get a huntsman out of a 2007 Honda civic, than it is to get one out of a 2008 VW Passat............you unlucky bastard!:rolleyes:

Well I don't know. Someone might have come in here and said "oh, if you undo this screw here then you can take the whole cover off the steering column really easily".

leave an open bottle of jim beam in the car then call the cop's 3 hours later, reporting a drunk driver.
that bad boy will get breath tested and busted, thrown in the slammer overnight and wont be able to touch your car again.
problem solved:thumbsu:

I remember driving to work and spotting a huntsman on the roof right above my head. s**t bricks. Pulled over, leaped into the passenger seat and was going to flick him out with something. Soon as i got out the bastard had disappeared. Drove to work jumpy as all hell. Went and got some fly spray and sprayed the s**t out of the car. Found him a week later in the back.

Whelp. This happened this morning. Searched how to get a huntsman out of car on google and this is first thing up top.

Had a huntsmen running around the dashboard before ducking into the passenger side air con vent. I hate large spiders. Nearly crashed my work car. I don't think I'll be turning my aircon till it comes out.

Any tips to rid of this monstrosity besides fire?

If you want to flush it out and possibly kill it, spray a heap of bug spray into the intake of the ducting and turn the fan on. Just don't sit in front of an outlet. I recommend not having it on recirc because that means you will have to spray it in the passenger footwell and possibly have it land on your head. Have it on the fresh option and spray it down the vents outside near the windscreen wipers while its blowing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iu

Another idea could be to take it to the car wash and thump with a high pressure hose. Eventually it should disturb him and hed run out.

Had a similar thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Had just pulled out of a parking spot at night and felt this "thing" crawling on my leg. Immediately flicked it and knowing that it felt unusual, i parked my car again and jumped out. Looked down into the drivers side foot well and all of a sudden this huntsman just casually walks across the floor and out of the car. Tried to whack him once he got out but missed. He then ran back underneath the front of the car. I've been nervous ever since because i am absolutely ******* hopeless when it comes to huntsmen!

Gonna spray my car. Just a tip tho to people, maybe spray your car when you're not going to use it for say 24 hours. That stuff is lethal, I wouldnt want to be driving around breathing it in.

I did that once. Unloaded a whole can of spider spray in my car after finding a massive huntsman on my dash who then managed to disappear before i could kill it.

I then proceeded to spend the next week choking to death inside my car. No kidding! A whole effing week! That stuff is brutal!

The upside was that i never saw the huntsman again.

I did that once. Unloaded a whole can of spider spray in my car after finding a massive huntsman on my dash who then managed to disappear before i could kill it.

I then proceeded to spend the next week choking to death inside my car. No kidding! A whole effing week! That stuff is brutal!

The upside was that i never saw the huntsman again.
Don't do that again.
You've only got one set of lungs.
A huntsmans bite is less painful than a bee sting (in the very very unlikely event that it should it actually give you a bite)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back