How do I tell someone they have the artistic flare of a housebrick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 17, 2011
Outback
AFL Club
Fremantle
Guy I know has taken up photography and keeps posting woeful pics to SM. Do I tell him they are bad? Suggest a book for him to read? He truly has no idea what he is doing.

I don't want to hurt his feelings, he's the super sensitive type and I'm not known for being in touch with my caring side normally.

Thanks in advance.

Guy I know has taken up photography and keeps posting woeful pics to SM. Do I tell him they are bad? Suggest a book for him to read? He truly has no idea what he is doing.

I don't want to hurt his feelings, he's the super sensitive type and I'm not known for being in touch with my caring side normally.

Thanks in advance.
Agree with the Banana person. Just let them be happy doing what they do. The problem is if they HOUND you or plead to please tell them honestly. Then you're in a world of hurt my friend! Best to trapeze the answer. Tho personally I don't like that approach. I think being open and direct and straightforward is always the best policy. No matter what. You don't HAVE TO be harsh in being honest tho.

Thanks in advance.
Post some of the photos.

If you're a good friend you'll let someone else, preferably a potential love interest, tell him, avoiding any damage to your friendship but still giving you a smug sense of satisfaction in knowing that you were right and that your friend is truly horrible at something.

You could also then parlay this into sleeping with said potential love interest, using your friend's lack of artistic flare as a topic to bond over.

:thumbsu:

43890.jpg

Also absolute troll here. No one has threelegs. Unless he means a utensil which is pretty weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.jpg Here's a pic I took on holidays over xmas...Cabarita beach NSW.

Rate my skills..be kind or just come out and say it's s**t. I don't mind.

View attachment 213120 Here's a pic I took on holidays over xmas...Cabarita beach NSW.

It's not a professional type of photograph. Just the usual happy-snap taken. But that's also because the photographer isn't trying for an artistic/stylistic photograph. It's a tourist photo. If the photographer was determined/inclined to take a more serious effort, they would've traveled down closer to the beach, probably layed down on their stomach, played around with the F-stop and then taken another 10 or so photos at other angles.

It's not a professional type of photograph. Just the usual happy-snap taken. But that's also because the photographer isn't trying for an artistic/stylistic photograph. It's a tourist photo. If the photographer was determined/inclined to take a more serious effort, they would've traveled down closer to the beach, probably layed down on their stomach, played around with the F-stop and then taken another 10 or so photos at other angles.

Aww jeez thanks for the big review gg. Such a nice bloke you❤️

View attachment 213120 Here's a pic I took on holidays over xmas...Cabarita beach NSW.

Would've been a better shot at sunset but they don't have those in NSW, well not on the ocean anyway.

One of the great things about WA is seeing the sunsets on the ocean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back