How do you get likes on a business Facebook page?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 31, 2013
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Ok, no idea where to post this thread. Our family has a small business selling vintage antiques and homewares so we thought we would set up a Facebook page. Was just wondering if anyone had any tips on building up the page and the likes.

https://www.facebook.com/vintage216ballarat that is a link to the page if you want to give it a look or a like :)

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
You can pay for advertising if you want. Other than that its just through posting, sharing and hopefully enough people notice. Trying to post something that will get peoples attention may help. Personally I dont think Facebook is that good for promoting businesses.

PACatter

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2012
Amish Paradise
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Phila. Phillies, Eagles, Flyers
Ok, no idea where to post this thread. Our family has a small business selling vintage antiques and homewares so we thought we would set up a Facebook page. Was just wondering if anyone had any tips on building up the page and the likes.

https://www.facebook.com/vintage216ballarat that is a link to the page if you want to give it a look or a like :)

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks

Useful links, blogs, and posts will bring in likes. Give people value for clicking, and they will like the page and share it to friends. Look for viral articles that may have already been written that you could link to, and that current page likers will comment on - this will bump the post on their feed, and hopefully generate visitors from their friends list.

Be responsive and available. Even if it's just a "thanks for posting" message to someone who posts to your page, the key to a successful business Facebook page is engaging the potential customer. If they don't see you responding to their comments and posts, they will lose interest.

Also, look at linking up with experts in the field/other stores in different communities. Connect with the vintage community as a whole, including going to similar businesses in communities outside of yours and liking their page.

Hope that helps.

lisa170

Draftee
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Post on all your local community pages. Buy swap and sell pages. Things like that. Spruke on other antiques pages.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
I went from 30 likes by friends to over 700 in 18 months directly from fb buy n sell pages.

It's brought in dozens of jobs and accounts for about 40% of my work coming in.

Free give a aways and compititions bring in the most likes. I've done 3 comps with one bringing in 130 new likes in 14 days.

If your product or service is aimed at woman, fb is really worth giving a test to see if it brings new prospects.

Back