How do you see the end of the PL season finishing?

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happened to the Leicester-Chelsea game? They're not in the system atm?!?!?!
Having 1 missing game ruins the 'who ever is bottom wins' scenario.
Atm I have Chelsea champs, Hull, QPR and Aston Villa rounding out the top 4 with Swansea, Newcastle and Liverpool relegated.
But it's missing 1 game for Chelsea and Leicester. If it effected no other games in the league, Leicester would move up to 3rd, but it might effect other games, so who knows.

What's happened to the Leicester-Chelsea game? They're not in the system atm?!?!?!
Having 1 missing game ruins the 'who ever is bottom wins' scenario.
Atm I have Chelsea champs, Hull, QPR and Aston Villa rounding out the top 4 with Swansea, Newcastle and Liverpool relegated.
But it's missing 1 game for Chelsea and Leicester. If it effected no other games in the league, Leicester would move up to 3rd, but it might effect other games, so who knows.
It's been postponed because we've got the C1C final the day it was scheduled.

Didn't put TOO much thought into it, just kind of went on gut feel for every game.

Pos Team GP GD Pts
1 Chelsea 38 56 90
2 Man City 38 53 87
3 Arsenal 38 35 79
4 Tottenham 38 20 78
5 Man Utd 38 35 75
6 Southampton 38 35 74
7 Liverpool 38 9 64
We must be super s**t to finish 14 points out of a CL spot.

Whatever happens the relegation battle is going down to the wire.

I can honestly see us pulling clear pretty soon, we have a very nice run of fixtures while Burnley have a horrible run, if we pull clear of 18th then we're all but home free.

Had Chelsea wrapping up the title with 2 games spare.

Going into the last week of games the race for 4th:
3rd Arsenal 72pts
4th Southampton 71pts +30
5th Spurs 71pts +18
6th United 69pts
7th Liverpool 67pts

Relegation:
16th Hull 29pts
17th QPR 29pts
18th Burnley 27tpts
19th Villa 26pts
20th Leicester 25pts

Man City vs Southampton with no title race on the line & Everton vs Spurs the ones that determine 4th. Tried to be as unbiased as possible and unfortunately that looks like this:

Pos Team Pld GD Pts
1 Chelsea 37 55 91 (assuming there's 3 points something missing there)
2 Man City 38 47 87
3 Arsenal 38 34 75
4 Southampton 38 31 74
5 Tottenham 38 19 74
6 Man Utd 38 28 72
7 Liverpool 38 15 70
8 West Ham 38 6 54
9 Newcastle 38 -11 47
10 Stoke 38 -7 46
11 Everton 38 -4 45
12 Swansea 38 -15 44
13 C Palace 38 -11 41
14 Sunderland 38 -15 40
15 West Brom 38 -18 37
16 Hull 38 -23 29
17 QPR 38 -30 29
18 Leicester 37 -28 28 (assuming they'd lose to Chelsea in that missing game)
19 Burnley 38 -34 28
20 Aston Villa 38 -38 27

Having a look at our run in, it's pretty bloody good! Gives me a little bit of hope.

View attachment 108512

April will be the important month. Need 9 points minimum from that. No reason we can't get it either.

May also has a lot of winnable games.
Remember that that should also have Chelsea somewhere in there.

Having a look at our run in, it's pretty bloody good! Gives me a little bit of hope.

View attachment 108512

April will be the important month. Need 9 points minimum from that. No reason we can't get it either.

May also has a lot of winnable games.

I think after our game against you we'll likely know our fate. Makes it an even better game to get along to at Cheers if you're still keen for it. :D

Not a fan of these match predictors, unexpected results happen every week haha.

Let's just say I'll be happy if the table doesn't change from here til the end of the season.

Not a fan of these match predictors, unexpected results happen every week haha.

Let's just say I'll be happy if the table doesn't change from here til the end of the season.
Me too. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha.

I was surprised your mob were down in the relo zone for so long. Definitely better than that.
******* injuries. Diame back against qpr and we're essentially back to full strength.

Should be smooth sailing from here, touch wood, but you never know.

******* injuries. Diame back against qpr and we're essentially back to full strength.

Should be smooth sailing from here, touch wood, but you never know.
*. Looking at your fixture just now. You'll need to be safely clear come the end of April. Not an easy last month.

Fwiw I think you will be clear by then.

****. Looking at your fixture just now. You'll need to be safely clear come the end of April. Not an easy last month.

Fwiw I think you will be clear by then.
Yeah a bit earlier I mentioned the Leicester game in march. We need to be on about 30-33 points by then. If we are I think we'll be fine. Burnley and Palace still to go after that but not much else.

Yeah a bit earlier I mentioned the Leicester game in march. We need to be on about 30-33 points by then. If we are I think we'll be fine. Burnley and Palace still to go after that but not much else.
Not as bad as Norwich so #hardenupprincess ;):p

Nah you'll be fine, can't have the podcast hosts team go down:)

We're on a tough run now with the Merseyside Derby, then Spurs, we have Southampton, Man City, United and Arsenal coming up too but then it's pretty straight forward. So if we can do well in the big games, hopefully we can run the table late in the season.

I think 8 of our last 9 are against bottom half teams. The exception being Chelsea or something like that.

Im probably bias but I think we will secure top 4 if sturridge stays fit for the rest of the season

Without looking at predictors or anything.

Chelsea will win fairly comfortable, we'll finish second fairly comfortably.

Arsenal will be third, toss a coin between United, Liverpool and Spurs for 4th.

Relegation will be Leicester, Burnley and Hull.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back