How dominant will GWS or GC be?

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be a sale a thon soon.....get em while its hot.....they cant possibly keep their talent together..

I think GC and GWS will flounder...

Thank you GWS for wingard hinkley hombsch and Neade
I find this funny coming from a Port supporter, you have a young list around the same average age just like GC and GWS, who is to say some of your players won't look for the big dollars else where?

I find this funny coming from a Port supporter, you have a young list around the same average age just like GC and GWS, who is to say some of your players won't look for the big dollars else where?
Didnt you know? their players would play for free just to wear the port teal. /vomit

No one has ever said we would. But both will keep the majority of who they want and get very good payments for the ones both dont keep.
Hence why i dont think you will be dominant....

I believe it will all even out in the wash...tom boyd was just the start..

you gave us jake neade and hombsch for pick 29 who are so young and were both in our finals campaign last year....all i say is thank you GWS

Hence why i dont think you will be dominant....

I believe it will all even out in the wash...tom boyd was just the start..

you gave us jake neade and hombsch for pick 29 who are so young and were both in our finals campaign last year....all i say is thank you GWS
If Tom Boyd was the start then I can't wait to raid other clubs once they tie up their caps with multi million dollar deals to unproven players in return for top 10 picks and a top 10 player in the comp.

Maybe. But they dont travel much past glebe. Plus the 1 team media got on my nerves. They never really caught my interest.
I lived in Newcastle and have vivid memories of Essendon playing the Swans in Newcastle pre season.
The Swans had never done it for me and watching that pre season game helped me understand why.
Sheedy was coach at Essendon and he was signing almost anything that people offered him before the game and was having photos taken with anyone who wanted. So popular was he that he didn't get to his coaching position until after the game started.
When the game finished, the Swans ran off the ground and into the rooms. I was next to where Sheedy was coaching and he gave instructions that all his players were to do their warm down on the ground and not come in until autographs and pictures were taken with any fans who wanted them.
Essendon didn't get any media over this but the AFL community in Newcastle (my teenagers were playing there) were very taken with the way Essendon acted.
I didn't end up following Essendon or the Swans but years later the difference in approaches of the two clubs on that day is still vivid.

If Tom Boyd was the start then I can't wait to raid other clubs once they tie up their caps with multi million dollar deals to unproven players in return for top 10 picks and a top 10 player in the comp.
Top 10 player in the league....lol.

you guys wait until free agency hits your club........its gonna be oh so good...

I think hombsch and Neade could possibly be the best 29 pick ever.

Top 10 player in the league....lol.

you guys wait until free agency hits your club........its gonna be oh so good...

I think hombsch and Neade could possibly be the best 29 pick ever.
How will you pay your top players while blowing your cap on up and comers?
You think we will just standby and not go after big name replacements IF you are able to entice our stars?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it would be a vastly entertaining exercise to read your detailed and substantiated explanation of why you believe this to be the case.
Scully, Ward, Davis and Mumford are just some examples of players leaving their former clubs for a quick cash grab. Pretty sure money enticed Griffin as well to choose GWS too

Scully, Ward, Davis and Mumford are just some examples of players leaving their former clubs for a quick cash grab. Pretty sure money enticed Griffin as well to choose GWS too

That's not any kind of explanation, it's called a false assertion.
All three signed at the end of 2011, Ward and Davis are contracted until the end of 2016, and Scully until the end of 2017.
That's 5 - 6 seasons, assuming they don't re-sign, which in itself would be a massive assumption, 5 years is no "quick cash grab".

All three signed at the end of 2011, Ward and Davis are contracted until the end of 2016, and Scully until the end of 2017.
That's 5 - 6 seasons, assuming they don't re-sign, which in itself would be a massive assumption, 5 years is no "quick cash grab".

And Griffin plays for Freo, no idea why he is relevant.

Ok then a long cash grab then. Which ever way you look at it they crossed over to grab some good cash

I am pretty sure Ryan Griffen crossed over to GWS from the Bulldogs. You been living under a rock for the last 3 months?

Yeah, spelling is important, sometimes critical to a message..
I am sure he is being paid very well, we are paying some of his wage.
Did you hear what the guy we traded him for is being paid? That's what I'd call a long cash grab.

Yeah, spelling is important, sometimes critical to a message..
I am sure he is being paid very well, we are paying some of his wage.
Did you hear what the guy we traded him for is being paid? That's what I'd call a long cash grab.
Doesn't matter what the other guy is getting. GWS had to release him to get Griffin and also to fit your overpaid players in their salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back