How good are the doggies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs are good. We'll see few more performances like that this year, although lack of experience will make sure they hit a few speed bumps along the way, especially against hard, well drilled sides.
But the future is very bright for them. That midfield will be something special in couple of years.
Good on them :thumbsu:

I think we need to revisit at the half way point.

They've done a lot right, but Adelaide themselves were a bit of a surprise packet.

They're still a question mark for me, but they've got some talented youngsters coming through.

Good signs, but too early to lift the lid on the kennel

They were crap last week, very good this week, I suspect they will be crap again next week. Wonder if the opposition has anything to do with how good they are. Adelaide were woeful.

I hate people who have 2nd teams. As a result I'm having a personal crisis with my man love for Stringer and Bontempelli. I love watching Dalhaus and Murphy carry the ball as well. Crameri's love for Hirdy is a redeeming feature too.

* Crameri.

The others, yes, much man love. Great to watch.

Imo we are close to overtaking clubs that have been rebuilding longer than us (i.e. carlton + melbourne).

Close to? May be past already imo

As long as the coaches dont swallow too much texta ink

I think we need to revisit at the half way point.

They've done a lot right, but Adelaide themselves were a bit of a surprise packet.

They're still a question mark for me, but they've got some talented youngsters coming through.

Good signs, but too early to lift the lid on the kennel

I still can't explain the Bulldogs Adelaide match.

Adelaide must be totally phony.

It is the only thing that makes sense!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still way to early in the season to establish how good they are but like the Demons, prepared to play tough rough dirty football

I think will finish 11 but will take steps forward

Hate is a strong word.

I was more in disbelief at how bad the Crows played today, but the dogs played really well. Their style of footy seems a bit too similar to our 2011/12ish style of footy with the quick ball movement, but you are prone to putting out performances like the Hawthorn result against the better teams and running out of gas as the season goes on. However, it is still early days. Early perceptions can be inaccurate.

If Adelaide were going to get ahead of themselves today certainly fixed that.

There are 4 teams Port, Fremantle, Hawthorn and Sydney.

After that there is the rest. Bulldogs can beat the rest on any given day. If they beat one of the four this year I'll be very impressed. So far Essendon is the only team to beat those teams.

Hate is a strong word.

I was more in disbelief at how bad the Crows played today, but the dogs played really well. Their style of footy seems a bit too similar to our 2011/12ish style of footy with the quick ball movement, but you are prone to putting out performances like the Hawthorn result against the better teams and running out of gas as the season goes on. However, it is still early days. Early perceptions can be inaccurate.

The Hawthorn match is irrelevant for the bulldogs. they had injuries

Everyone has injuries.

No Bont, Wallis got injured.

Fair enough they prepared for next week in Tassie.

I am trying to figure out, its hard from the TV, whether Adelaide didn't put an effort in at all or the Bulldogs just clicked with Bont and Boyd back in.

Sounds like Adelaide might have put in a dud even though Bulldogs seemed impressive. I guess we will figure out more in the next 2 months or so

They were crap last week, very good this week, I suspect they will be crap again next week. Wonder if the opposition has anything to do with how good they are. Adelaide were woeful.
That's a bit rough. We lost Bontempelli and Boyd before the bounce, then Wallis and Morris in the first quarter. Against the premier, in Tasmania. That's our two best players this season, our best KPD and the midfielder who is doing the dirty work that Libba normally does. I'd say every team in the league would lose in those circumstances (not that we would of won anyway).

We'll find out how good we are over the next two weeks (Sydney in Sydney, Freo). I'd say we're in the 9-13 bracket of teams atm, which is a big improvement.

That's a bit rough. We lost Bontempelli and Boyd before the bounce, then Wallis and Morris in the first quarter. Against the premier, in Tasmania. That's our two best players this season, our best KPD and the midfielder who is doing the dirty work that Libba normally does. I'd say every team in the league would lose in those circumstances (not that we would of won anyway).

We'll find out how good we are over the next two weeks (Sydney in Sydney, Freo). I'd say we're in the 9-13 bracket of teams atm, which is a big improvement.

If thats the case Adelaide should have won which means they didn't because, or didn't fire a shot because?

Looking more like a dodgy tennis match now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back