Remove this Banner Ad

ryan_seb

Team Captain
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Cavaliers, Seahawks
He's a gun, I cant wait for him play his first game for Brisbane against his old side.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club

OK. So your statement that Beams was Brisbane's highest paid player is just another BS statement from a Collingwood supporter with an axe to grind. In other words you don't have any idea whatsoever whether Beams is or isn't Brisbane's highest paid player.

Mar 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
Actually Rockliff and Leuenberger will be Brisbane's two top paid players next year, both will be earning around 650,000. The Beams contract ain't back loaded either so you figure that one out champ ;)

That is actually laughable if you guys think that he is earning less that $650k.

Until the AFL is transparent with contracts we will never know with certainty, but all the reports coming out had said he would be on $800k/yr... so not sure where you guys are getting the lower figures from.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
Can confirm Beams is earning less than Travis Cloke.

5 x 700k average significantly frontloaded.

Is that Dazmudu guy still trying to spread ludicrous rumours about Beams's contract on the Pies board?

you can confirm?
source?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
The "all reports had it as 800k" stuff is hilarious. That was Damo's TWR figure that all his lackeys started reporting as well despite Paul Connors repeatedly saying that figure was not accurate. Media groupthink at its finest. Everyone acknowledges Damo is full of it until he tells them something they want to hear.

And FWIW, Greg Davis is reporting the same figure as me. He is the best connected journo to Brisbane (and a passionate Pies man fwiw).

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1227091626647?from=public_rss

Beams first asked to be traded to a Queensland club on September 24 to be closer to his father Phillip who is battling bowel cancer.

His wish is now complete along with a five-year, $3.5 million contract with Brisbane in his back pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brisbane supporter one: Rockliff and Leunberger will be Brisbane's highest paid players next year on approx 650k, not Beams

Brisbane supporter two: Beams will be on 700k per year.

Brisbane logic :drunk:

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane supporter one: Rockliff and Leunberger will be Brisbane's highest paid players next year on approx 650k, not Beams

Want me to find some posts from other Collingwood supporters and make you accountable for them?

Poor post. This isn't Bay13.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
Reports from where?

"He has received a five-year, $4-million offer to join the Lions."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y-brisbane-lions/story-fn69a32t-1227069471715

Obviously you need to take anything reported with a grain of salt, but without other figures being used in public (that I have seen), there is nothing to suggest that he is on less than that.

Same source that had me convinced Beams was about to request a trade while other Pies fans were calling me a deluded idiot.

I'm not saying that you are wrong - but unless your supposed source can make a public statement, or you can give the actual figures, there is no reason that I would believe that over what has actually been reported publicly.

SugarCoat

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Greg Davis?
You could quote Brisbane's Lion mascot next year and it would have more credibility.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I'm not saying that you are wrong - but unless your supposed source can make a public statement, or you can give the actual figures, there is no reason that I would believe that over what has actually been reported publicly.

You mean like the article I posted above from News Ltd's main Brisbane AFL journo?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Greg Davis?
You could quote Brisbane's Lion mascot next year and it would have more credibility.

Extremely well connected to the club and as a Pies man is certainly not a club sycophant (unlike Glenn McFarlane who essentially moonlights as a Pies PR man).

Care to explain why you are doubting him (beyond the fact that it is inconvenient to your argument).

Mike Whiting also confirmed the 5x700k figure to me.

Last edited:

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Want me to find some posts from other Collingwood supporters and make you accountable for them?

Poor post. This isn't Bay13.

Fair enough but let's be honest, the Collingwood vs Brisbane shitfight is full of poor posts. You had no problem with paraphrasing a minority of Collingwood supporters with the following:

Has gone backwards in a massive way over the last two weeks.
Went into the trade period as an elite former premiership and B&F mid but has regressed ever since. In that time he has been made to look better than he is by Ball and Pendlebury... A one-paced mid who just bombs the ball wildly into the forward line and flat out refuses to tackle or defend as a matter of principle.

Never seen a player lose form this quickly to be honest. Can't believe we are paying him 1.6 million a year for 14 years.

Only the troll Collingwood supporters think like this, everybody knows he's a gun player and Brisbane have done well to attain his services.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That is actually laughable if you guys think that he is earning less that $650k.

Until the AFL is transparent with contracts we will never know with certainty, but all the reports coming out had said he would be on $800k/yr... so not sure where you guys are getting the lower figures from.

I was just using TW Sherrin and other Collingwood people's logic. Or in other words talking out of my ass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back