How good is Dayne Beams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. Alright mate. I don't agree in the slightest with this but I can see you are steadfast in your want to believe Beams does not defend, even though your explanations make little sense.

How doesn't make sense?

not bothered what anyone else says. Just saying he wont chase the other way and that goes for both Beams and Swan but in the end he is a contested ball player and kicks goals. You have plenty of other mids who run both ways so it wont be a issue. Beams will be your best player as long as he stays injury free
Okay so what I've taken from this:

- Beams runs defensively but does not chase a man so therefore does not work defensively.
- Swan gut runs but does not defend (I'm picturing him on a greyhound track for this one)
- Beams and Swan have won 4 B&F's between them despite having no defensive side to their games, unless they are or are not following a man around :drunk:

Okay so what I've taken from this:

- Beams runs defensively but does not chase a man so therefore does not work defensively.
- Beams doesn't chase his man back but will occasionally work defensively
- Swan gut runs but does not defend (I'm picturing him on a greyhound track for this one)
- Beams and Swan have won 4 B&F's between them despite having no defensive side to their games, unless they are or are not following a man around :drunk:
Sorry mate but where have i said he runs defensively? dont bring other posters comments into mine. Clearly you only want to hear what you want.
What i have stated is VERY simple to comprehend.
You do realise you can gut run but not chase defensively yeah? lol. Anyways i'll leave it at that. Just trying to help you out about his game style.
Like i said, he will be your best player and you got him at a great age.

Sorry mate but where have i said he runs defensively? dont bring other posters comments into mine. Clearly you only want to hear what you want.
What i have stated is VERY simple to comprehend.
Yes I combined thoughts from my exchange with the other pies poster as well.
You do realise you can gut run but not chase defensively yeah? lol.
So where is he running when the opposition has the ball? The tan?

Yes I combined thoughts from my exchange with the other pies poster as well.

So where is he running when the opposition has the ball? The tan?
Well dont combine others when trying to argue my point lol. wow.
When the opposition have the ball he runs back but not chasing the opponent then all of a sudden when we got the ball he would run into space like a flash to get it. You will find this out. Anyways ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Out

Well dont combine others when trying to argue my point lol. wow.
When the opposition have the ball he runs back but not chasing the opponent then all of a sudden when we got the ball he would run into space like a flash to get it. You will find this out. Anyways ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Out
LOL. Peace dude.

Well if he applies no defensive pressure only attack, he would be well down the list in our midfield.

He would essentially be another Polec. I smell opposition rectal discharge.

Except Beams is allot better than Polec

Beams will be Brisbane's best player. He is one of the best midfielders in the game.

He isn't terribly accountable though, his defensive game deserves criticism. Literally his only weakness though imo.

Collingwood have long been criticised for running one way, Beams and Swan are great players but defence is not their strength, this is known. It doesn't matter much, he has weaknesses like every single other player.

Well if he applies no defensive pressure only attack, he would be well down the list in our midfield.

He would essentially be another Polec. I smell opposition rectal discharge.
You're confusing defensive pressure with being accountable to an opponent. He has no issue with applying defensive pressure at stoppages and contests, but he doesn't run back and defend as much as he should.

Any Brisbane fan who is up in arms about this claim is just ridiculous. It's a reasonable and accurate comment on him, and it's probably his only weakness as a footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD this BS does my head in.

Beams and for that matter Swan are gun attacking midfielders. To say they only run one way is downright idiotic. To say they attack far more than they defend on the other hand is a different matter entirely and fankly when you attack as well as them it would be silly to sacrifice much of that attack for running the other (wrong in their case) way. Leave that for the less talented or the rare perfect midfielder. I can't off the top think of many. Certainly not Ablett and sure as heck not Judd. One who does it as well as anyone is Dale Thomas.

Luke Ball ran both ways. Only slower and with much less impact in an attacking sense. This is the same nonsense that saw Didak under pressure when his side desperately needed his attacking flair.

Horses for courses.

Beams will be Brisbane's best player. He is one of the best midfielders in the game.

He isn't terribly accountable though, his defensive game deserves criticism. Literally his only weakness though imo.

Better than Rocky, Hanley or Zorko? All 3 are defensive and ballwinners and attackers.

Imagine if you were right!

Better than Rocky, Hanley or Zorko? All 3 are defensive and ballwinners and attackers.

They aren't as good at attacking and ball winning as Beams.

If you think Zorko will be on a level with Beams, let alone ahead, you're in for a nice surprise this year. Not even close to Beams' quality. The guy beat out Pendlebury for a B & F and deserved it.

Has gone backwards in a massive way over the last two weeks.

Went into the trade period as an elite former premiership and B&F mid but has regressed ever since. In that time he has been made to look better than he is by Ball and Pendlebury... A one-paced mid who just bombs the ball wildly into the forward line and flat out refuses to tackle or defend as a matter of principle.

Never seen a player lose form this quickly to be honest. Can't believe we are paying him 1.6 million a year for 14 years.

Bit rich to paint all Brisbane posters with the same brush based on the actions of a few and then to try and give Collingwood supporters a free pass in the same breath. We are talking minorities in either case but there has been some extraordinary cognitive dissonance on display in regards to Beams.

You're talking to supporters of a club that lost 5 first round picks last year. I don't think anyone up here thinks that the increase in player movement is a great thing for the game, especially on the footy frontier. But after it "went around" in a big way for us last year and being a perennial target for predatory clubs in the footy heartland, you might have to forgive us for being happy that, for at least trade period, it "came around".

So then, are you one of the minority or majority Brisbane supporters? Let's be honest, the only reason you posted that first post was to goad opposition supporters...

I mean, if we're going to use your logic then the following players over the trade period have become more valuable than Gary Ablett and Lance Franklin:
Rockliff
Hanley
Rich
Redden
Aish
Mayes
Zorko
Green
Taylor

Aka the untouchables. By definition, untouchable would mean that none of these Brisbane players could be touched at the trade table. By extension, this means that Brisbane wouldn't do a straight swap of any of these players for Ablett or Buddy, meaning that Brisbane rate this group of players above Ablett and Buddy :drunk:. Fun, isn't it?

As for Beams, he was a gun for Collingwood and I'll be very surprised if he isn't a gun for Brisbane. Sure he's got weaknesses in his game but unless your name is Gary Ablett Jnr then you have weaknesses in your game.

If you think Zorko will be on a level with Beams, let alone ahead, you're in for a nice surprise this year. Not even close to Beams' quality. The guy beat out Pendlebury for a B & F and deserved it.

Thanks mate, am looking forward to the demise of the tagger next year.

Has gone backwards in a massive way over the last two weeks.

Went into the trade period as an elite former premiership and B&F mid but has regressed ever since. In that time he has been made to look better than he is by Ball and Pendlebury... A one-paced mid who just bombs the ball wildly into the forward line and flat out refuses to tackle or defend as a matter of principle.

Never seen a player lose form this quickly to be honest. Can't believe we are paying him 1.6 million a year for 14 years.

hasn't made a tackle in months, spud

Remove this Banner Ad

Back