How good is Fyfe??

Remove this Banner Ad

He's capable of brilliant things but he's not a great kick. I'd liken his kicking to Cotchin of years past (haven't seen it this year anyway) where he would produce miraculous kicks but for the most part it's not overly special. He bombs a lot of balls to contests and he misses targets, doesn't mean he can't kick at all, he's not Scott Selwood.

A lot of his possession is under pressure granted and he usually gets it to a contest which is a credit to his ability to bull his way through anything. It's just a pet hate of mine, when Judd was at the Eagles he would burn players on leads by kicking too high but it goes unnoticed. It's not a crime to critique someone. People seem to take offense.

you do realise Fyfe played really well when Sandilands was injured, but they are connecting well atm but Fyfe wins contested ball and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of IT ! without Suspension he would have been on course for back to back Brownlows and to lose to Priddis is like losing a sprint race to Darren Lehmann

Wow what a blast from the past.

Pity I couldnt predict his broken ribs and concussions this year before I said that in...2013...Yeah.

It's a very cocky statement to make consider Fyfe has been a high vote polled since 2011, the 3rd best per game average ever and he hasn't won one.

It's a very cocky statement to make consider Fyfe has been a high vote polled since 2011, the 3rd best per game average ever and he hasn't won one.
Eh, opinions change in 2 years. I do think Fyfe with get a Brownlow before Rockliff now since he'll play more games this season.

Do you want to ride away into the sunset with your victory now...?

Eh, opinions change in 2 years. I do think Fyfe with get a Brownlow before Rockliff now since he'll play more games this season.

Do you want to ride away into the sunset with your victory now...?

No victory, nothing is set in stone. One silly incident and he is stuffed and that's assuming umpires are seeing what most of us are seeing.

No victory, nothing is set in stone. One silly incident and he is stuffed and that's assuming umpires are seeing what most of us are seeing.

I was going to point that out but he seems to have toned down his loose elbow throwing this year.

For what it's worth, Priddis is having a better year than he did last year and is also proven to catch the umpires eyes. He's not half the player of Fyfe at all but never expect a result in the brownlow to be a foregone conclusion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth, Priddis is having a better year than he did last year and is also proven to catch the umpires eyes. He's not half the player of Fyfe at all but never expect a result in the brownlow to be a foregone conclusion

Would be the final nail in the coffin of credibility for the Brownlow if that happened.

Well Priddis won it last year, so anything can happen.

Fwiw - and ive been a strong anti priddis advocate on our board - if fyfe fell over and belted someone, priddis would be a worthy winner this year - id never give him votes except for two or three games - but as a mid he would be getting one or two votes consistently as thats what the umpires see. Ive had him in our top 5 quite a bit ghis year - take out the forwards and backs and like with the umps hed get votes

Fyfe really gas to lose it this year though

Be quite delicious

N. Fyfe - 42 votes (ineligible susp)
M. Priddis 31 votes winner

Fwiw - and ive been a strong anti priddis advocate on our board - if fyfe fell over and belted someone, priddis would be a worthy winner this year - id never give him votes except for two or three games - but as a mid he would be getting one or two votes consistently as thats what the umpires see. Ive had him in our top 5 quite a bit ghis year - take out the forwards and backs and like with the umps hed get votes

Be quite delicious

This is a very likely scenario given the aggressive way Nat attacks the contest.

Mind you I don't give much credence to the brownlow. Voting is seriously flawed. Just look at the list of non winners - Matthews, Carey, Ablett snr
Jesaulenko, Bartlett, Waterhouse

Oo
This is a very likely scenario given the aggressive way Nat attacks the contest.

Mind you I don't give much credence to the brownlow. Voting is seriously flawed. Just look at the list of non winners - Matthews, Carey, Ablett snr
Jesaulenko, Bartlett, Waterhouse

1c wh47 u d1d th3|}3

Be quite delicious

Interesting that in the year Priddis won the Brownlow he did not win either AA nor the B&F for your club. Haven't checked the records but I'd think that would be a very rare thing.

He's that good that you can take his performances for granted at times.

When he and Dangerfield went H2H, Danger played one of the best games of his career yet only matched what Fyfe did that game which is what he does week in week out.

So you don't think that was one of Fyfes best games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back