Review How is this board for you? ***Crows only***

How's the board travelling from your perspective?

• Everything is awesome

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Okaaayyy but please consider...

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I'm contemplating spending less time here because....

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to mention that. I think the time is right for an avatar change though. Stay tuned!
You're just gonna go with Jango Fett aren't you? :p

Too many agitators for my liking.

Also I think mods can lean too far towards the leniency side when it comes to the filth supporters who are obviously trolling, although guys like Ron Son and PAF etc do add to the discussion. I think the balance isn't quite there yet.

Also, can we get a Crows background template up and running like the Hawks board.

Thank you for listening.

Maybe certain threads could be outlined a bit clearer by the person starting them. Just ask people not to let it slip into full on doom and gloom and stick to the topic?

Why should it be on the onus of the person posting that they only want discussions in a certain direction? It should be obvious that the discussion has been started about X and if people want to derail it into a discussion about 4, H and * which in no way relates to X, then it's up to the mods to gently steer it back on topic, or those people who want to discuss something else, take it somewhere else in the first place.

I rarely post here anymore purely because the same arguments happen all the time and it's the same people bringing them up. Why would I even bother reading a thread seeing certain names involved? I've done my dash of having to read every thread and not being able to put people on ignore. ;) That being said I spend my time on another board here instead than I do on this one.

Honestly, I like that this board has been pretty welcoming of other supporters engaging with us, and that you can get some funny off topic discussions happening in a thread (I've been guilty of it a time or two!) but it's a fine balance that needs keeping an eye on and directing back to the path.

My pet hate has always been text speak, so much so it was put into the board rules :D

I enjoy visiting the board with its spirited debate, information and analysis. Kudos to the mods for their management of this board. Unlike some I do not get upset by trolls posting here and Like the mods leniency. I have no time for anyone who abuses other posters and I think the board has improved in that respect over the years. If posters want to be negative that is their right, who knows they might have a point. I do get annoyed by the continual hijacking of threads by those that have their own agendas but that seems to be the nature of most forums.

I probably spend a bit less time on the Adelaide board than i used to, mainly due to losing a bit of interest in a lot of the thread topics. A lot of threads end up as an argument over something unrelated. But I realise there's not a lot you can do to curb that, and probably shouldn't anyway. This board is for discussion and as long as that's happening, all good.

Generally the best thing about this place is the footy intelligence of most posters, and being able to discuss our team on a level that i don't get with any of the nuffies at work. I love that on here (for the most part), you can talk up our club one minute, and not be pitchforked for expressing severe disappointment or disillusion the next minute.

If I could change anything, I'd have the mods be a bit harsher on opposition posters who are clearly here to only troll. I don't mind the opposition guys coming in and contributing, but the wave of posters who come in after a loss just to troll should be carded straight up.

Other than that, the mods do a brilliant job of cleaning up the rubbish but leaving everything else. I've been on other forums where threads were so over-moderated that a slight derailment or extended debate would cause a thread lock. That sucked.

In general, I like this joint. It's pretty much my only outlet to talk about all things Crows. And I love the little other things we have like the Goalkicker Comp and the picture threads.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster as you can see from my post to join date ratio. However I find there is way too much over reaction each week. People seem to post first and think second. This is probably more of a general society complaint, but it is tiresome.

It also seems there are lot of posters that are intent on upping their post count than contributing to the debate, so threads end up with pages of fluff. But this may be a general forum issue as well. And further to this point, threads get hijacked too easily and stray from the OP, This need to be controlled better.

On the positive side, there is a hell of alot of great analysis that goes on, and it puts some well known journalists to shame. Keep up the great work you footy nuts.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Too much positivity, but I think collectively we're close to stamping that out. All in all a pleasant, light-hearted board where everyone's opinions matter.

Love this place - family always complain that I'm addicted.

It's the best place to come for;

1. Educated football debate;
2. News, information and media monitoring; and
3. Emotional ranting - helps just to write things down sometimes

As for issues with negativity - 1 x top 4 finish in 8 years will tend to do that to you. Of course the matchday threads are emotional ranting - there's a game in progress and it's.... Emotional!!! Every board is the same.

Wouldn't swap my membership here for anything

- Tapatalk working again please
- Background like a lot of the other boards
- Less clichéd posts about mediocrity, etc

You now have to be a gold member for Tapatalk (it's worth the $10). I'm guessing that they locked it for free bigfooty members because it doesn't support ads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this place - family always complain that I'm addicted.

It's the best place to come for;

1. Educated football debate;
2. News, information and media monitoring; and
3. Emotional ranting - helps just to write things down sometimes

As for issues with negativity - 1 x top 4 finish in 8 years will tend to do that to you. Of course the matchday threads are emotional ranting - there's a game in progress and it's.... Emotional!!! Every board is the same.

Wouldn't swap my membership here for anything

I think that's the key issue here, we have the 4th longest Grand Final drought and the natives (myself included) are getting restless.

Edit 3rd longest (I overlooked that Freo made it last year)

Last edited:
I think it crashed constantly too with everyone using it.

That's what they initially claimed, but they later made a comment that that the Tapatalk users were only something like about 5% of the total traffic.

They'll never admit it, but I am about 99% convinced that it was releated to Tapatalk not supporting ads for basic members.

Negativity and trolls overwhelm it.

3-5 years ago Im reading 90% of threads every day.
These days Im reading 20% of threads and skipping the board all together some days.

I think the negativity will change if we have a couple of good seasons, but the leniency of the mods to trolls does make the board s**t at times and is what is probably making me venture to other boards more often these days.
I think an important point is when this happens & often a thread is derailed, report the post & the moderators are good at taking action if necessary.

Whilst they are around, they can't be reading everything in a timely manner & it doesn't take long for all hell to break loose on a thread.

More reporting will lead to even a better Adelaide Board IMO.

PS. IMO, Mods are doing a great job - it's significant unpaid work, so let's help them out where we can!

I probably spend a bit less time on the Adelaide board than i used to, mainly due to losing a bit of interest in a lot of the thread topics. A lot of threads end up as an argument over something unrelated. But I realise there's not a lot you can do to curb that, and probably shouldn't anyway. This board is for discussion and as long as that's happening, all good.

Generally the best thing about this place is the footy intelligence of most posters, and being able to discuss our team on a level that i don't get with any of the nuffies at work. I love that on here (for the most part), you can talk up our club one minute, and not be pitchforked for expressing severe disappointment or disillusion the next minute.

If I could change anything, I'd have the mods be a bit harsher on opposition posters who are clearly here to only troll. I don't mind the opposition guys coming in and contributing, but the wave of posters who come in after a loss just to troll should be carded straight up.

Other than that, the mods do a brilliant job of cleaning up the rubbish but leaving everything else. I've been on other forums where threads were so over-moderated that a slight derailment or extended debate would cause a thread lock. That sucked.

In general, I like this joint. It's pretty much my only outlet to talk about all things Crows. And I love the little other things we have like the Goalkicker Comp and the picture threads.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts of the AFC Board (especially the highlighted bit).

I also would like some greater toughness being shown by the mods towards the PAP ferals who troll this board (mainly because I view this board as a neutral/non-hostile environment and if I want some biffo I will stray to Bay 13 and engage them there). Even in the very rare occasions I venture to their board I am mostly met with hostility so I retreat quickly.

I try and come on here as often as I can (time permitting) and try to contribute some tidbits every now and then but mostly I enjoy reading the comments of others. The dialogue is quite stimulating (at times) and I learn a lot about the club and the players/coaches by coming on here. Nice place to relax with a beer or two.

Cheers
Shane

Some of the posting here is fantastic. Whether it's humorous or opinionated or both. I think the perceived increase in negativity is only natural given the extraordinary circumstances over the past few years. The club's administrative actions/cheating/retaining cheat CEO are bound to leave fans somewhat jaded.

Do an IP check on all the negative posters and see if it matches with any other accounts. Then name them.

Would you prefer this place was just all sunshine and rainbows where everybody agreed with eachother?

I can be negative, I can also be positive, but what I don't like seeing is the club doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. We haven't won a flag, or even made a grand final, since 1998, so it's no wonder people are getting frustrated. We were teased in 2012, and it looked like we were building a great young list that might rectify the aforementioned situation in the coming years. Of course we all know what happened after that, and we found out we had been lied too by the people entrusted to run the club we love, and were then fobbed off by those people as agitators for venting our frustration regarding this, and the damage they had done.

It's not been easy being a Crows supporter over the past two years, regardless of the onfield results. With that in mind, it's no wonder that there is quite a bit of negativity from supporters on this board. Yes, it does get a bit tiresome constantly seeing arguments over the same things, but the fact is, this will not change until the club is being seen to take every measure in its power to address these concerns. Hopefully the appointment of a new CEO, and a new direction for the club is the beginning of that.

Last edited:
You now have to be a gold member for Tapatalk (it's worth the $10). I'm guessing that they locked it for free bigfooty members because it doesn't support ads.
I do have the paid for version. Did they release a new paid for version?

EDIT: Oh BigFooty gold. I see :)

I do have the paid for version. Did they release a new paid for version?

It's not Tapatalk that's the problem it's that Bigfooty has a paywall preventing access via Tapatalk unless you're a gold or platinum Bigfooty member.

I'm guessing that because it doesn't support ads that they want people paying $10 due the potential lost ad revenue

Back