Review How is this board for you? ***Crows only***

How's the board travelling from your perspective?

• Everything is awesome

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Okaaayyy but please consider...

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I'm contemplating spending less time here because....

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you prefer this place was just all sunshine and rainbows where everybody agreed with eachother?

I can be negative, I can also be positive, but what I don't like seeing is the club doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. We haven't won a flag, or even made a grand final, since 1998, so it's no wonder people are getting frustrated. We were teased in 2012, and it looked like we were building a great young list that might rectify the aforementioned situation in the coming years. Of course we all know what happened after that, and we found out we had been lied too by the people entrusted to run the club we love, and were then fobbed off by those people as agitators for venting our frustration regarding this, and the damage they had done.

It's not been easy being a Crows supporter over the past two years, regardless of the onfield results. With that in mind, it's no wonder that there is quite a bit of negativity from supporters on this board. Yes, it does get a bit tiresome constantly seeing arguments over the same things, but the fact is, this will not change until the club is being seen to take every measure in its power to address these concerns. Hopefully the appointment of new CEO, and a new direction for the club is the beginning of that.
I like rainbows.. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Do an IP check on all the negative posters and see if it matches with any other accounts. Then name them.

This.

Voted 3 and it's about getting accused of certain things 99% of other posters do but it's call to blame me.

Therefore, the trolls can get bent.

Last edited by a moderator:

The one thing that really gets me is the continual TOTAL disrespect 'some' give some of our players, yeah there's a couple of players that aren't my favourites too but some manage to bring their 'favourites' name/names up negatively in just about every thread. It would be great if every player on our list had Gary Ablett like ability and never fumbled, dropped a mark, turned over the pill, shanked a kick, always kicked straight for goal etc etc......however the reality is they are only human just like the rest of us!!

The one thing that really gets me is the continual TOTAL disrespect 'some' give some of our players, yeah there's a couple of players that aren't my favourites too but some manage to bring their 'favourites' name/names up negatively in just about every thread. It would be great if every player on our list had Gary Ablett like ability and never fumbled, dropped a mark, turned over the pill, shanked a kick, always kicked straight for goal etc etc......however the reality is they are only human just like the rest of us!!

Wrong! They are extremely well paid professional footballers that are entitled to be held accountable for their actions and inactions. Just like us who perform in our own workplaces.

I pay my money to be a stakeholder as a member of the AFC. I am entitled to voice my opinion in a negative fashion to hold players accountable for their actions. They are not a protected species from criticism.

This is after all only a discussion board on an internet site. It is NOT the real world (maybe some people on this board should remember that sometimes?). Why should opinions be sanitised or censored just because they are deemed to be negative?

After all, who cares what someone on this board negatively says about a player's performance? Surely the individual player doesn't? Even if he did, so what?

Most of the posting here is great, but the repetitive arguments that permeate every thread get tiresome after a while.

I can understand some negativity to a certain degree. We're not a very good team right now, and we were lied to by those in charge. However the dead horses that get flogged on this board are driving people away. I'm all for spirited debate, but it's always the same suspects cheap shotting one another, going over the same points for pages on end. Speaking of cheap shots, one thing that really grinds my gears is using "Are you actually player/coach/administrator?" as if the only person who would disagree with certain points of criticism is those being criticized themselves. It's really stupid, and cheapens the entire argument you are making. The insults just make it a petty s**t fight, and any valid points being made are likely to be dismissed.

However, when we look past those, the analysis threads, face-offs and the fun threads like the picture thread and the Goal kicking game are why I keep coming back.

Speaking of cheap shots, one thing that really grinds my gears is using "Are you actually player/coach/administrator?" as if the only person who would disagree with certain points of criticism is those being criticized themselves. It's really stupid, and cheapens the entire argument you are making.

You've noticed that too!!LOL

And no prizes for guessing who the No.1 protagonist of that line is on this board!!!!!

Only thing that annoys me are some posters who think everything about the club is awesome and can't handle any critical analysis of the club purely because we are the Crows. Guess what? It's not awesome because we have won jack s**t.

Having said that, it's their prerogative to post what they want, just don't whine at those that aren't as forgiving.

I also can't stand ......... being used needlessly.

Happy with the mods......now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's without a doubt the place to go for intelligent conversation about the footy club. I don't necessarily agree with every post made on here but I certainly think the most astute of crows followers actually post on here.

Using someone like Kristof as an example, I find I often have a differing opinion to him but I admire his passion and can at least respect his thought process on how/why he thinks the way he does about certain footy issues.

As odd as it sounds though, for every poster tired of the negativity; I find it gets just as tiresome the people complaining about the negativity. Is it actually people being negative or are some of you just calling it negative because it's a different opinion to yours?

People are as entitled to be displeased with the current position the club is in as they are to feel the club is heading in the right direction. I'm not disputing that some threads have unnecessarily become whingefests but certain posters are very quick to jump on the 'this board is s**t, everything is so negative' wagon. As the saying goes - opinions are like arseholes.

In short though, there's not many people on here I wouldn't have a beer with and discuss footy in real life.

You mean like yourself every time Shaun McKernan's name is raised?

Fuller obviously rates Wundke better than McKernan, most likely outcome just another club the big fellow can stink it up at. Seriously he needs to grow some aggots and stop blaming everyone and everything for his failure to measure up to AFL level, this honestly looks like it's the last chance saloon for him . Shaun needs to man up pronto or his AFL dreams are going to dust!!!

His one 'good' game for the year, the rest an absolute shitfest and you want him in??

So now we reward players in the 2's after playing their one 'good' game in the whole season??

Surely your taking the piss even allowing for your undying adoration of all things Smack??

Why did we trade Sellar and keep this guy, both about as useful as **** on a bull, at least James showed a modicum of intensity at times.The only stat you can ever rely on Shaun ever topping is the FREES AGAINST, he's an absolute star in that regard, probably the best in the AFL bar none!!!

If we need a "chop out" for Jacobs then Jenkins must be given a go, has to be infinitely better than McKernan!!!

I'm fine with people having negative opinions. It's when people have the same opinions over and over and inject them into every thread that's tiresome. I want people who have clear minded perspectives - which can still be negative. I'll always read DABM, even if I rarely agree.

The board is pretty much what is to be expected. Individuals will always have varying perspectives on things, regardless of what logic is involved.

Sometimes people can be shouted down for things that are said in all innocence. Not sure how this could improve, though.

The moderators are good. I know it can be somewhat of a thankless job so I definitely have nothing bad to say about the way you guys run things. As far as controlling discussions go and allowing lively debate, I don't think a better balance is possible of being achieved.

As far as the sight goes, MORE EMOTICONS!!!

You mean like yourself every time Shaun McKernan's name is raised?

One thing about it I won't have any opportunity to 'disrespect' him for much longer, has to be amongst the biggest disappointments to ever grace the list of the AFC given his relative draft pick, John Meesen excepted.

My rather mild comments re McKernan's career at the AFC pale into insignificance when compared to the s**t dished out to some of our 100+ game players.

When/If he ever does anything worthwhile you be the first to let me know....though Paladin will probably let me know anyhow.

The board is much the same as it's always been.

There are things that irk me, for example people who think that the quality of an opinion is based in whether it is positive or not irrespective of the defensibility of its content. That's not something that board moderators can address though.

Too many threads get hijacked by the usual suspects going round and round on unrelated topics that seem to spill over to other threads

Better policing required on opposition posters that come on and have rack at posters or our club, maybe we need to create a free for all banter thread for opposition posters

I voted for awesome because the board is better than okay. Particularly living here in Victoria, it's my one stop shop for in depth discussion, analysis, news etc on my team. The plurality of views is part of the place's appeal and I include in that the tolerant attitude to opposition posters contributing to the board - they bring an important perspective and are not trolling half as much as some people like to accuse. I particularly like when a couple of articulate posters go head to head. Makes for a great read. Also, I came to this site as a place to get info on the crows but what I've found to my surprise is a real community. I have a bit of a problem when I'm talking footy with with real live human beings face to face because I find myself reporting conversations from here as though you lot are all my mates that I hang out with 'somewhere else'...and I don't know a single one of you!

Okay, one or two caveats:
My number one gripe is all over this thread and that is all you nancyboys moaning about posters being too negative. Seriously, grow up. Skip them, avoid them, just don't ******* read them if they cause you that much anguish. And for godsake DON'T start telling us who you think the real supporters are. We know it's you.

My main other complaint is posters who go all lord-of-the-flies every time opposition supporters show up, especially when they start ordering them off as though they speak for everyone on the Adelaide board. You don't. This is when I hit the report button and it's not the opposition supporters I'm reporting. (That's not to say there aren't some dickheads who just swan in to cause trouble but, again, starting an argument with them is just joining in on the bullshit as far as I'm concerned. Report button.)

Oh, and one other good thing to finish with...good humour goes a long way in these discussions and some of you people are bloody hilarious. My thanks to everyone who posts. Footy wouldn't be the same without you.

As odd as it sounds though, for every poster tired of the negativity; I find it gets just as tiresome the people complaining about the negativity. Is it actually people being negative or are some of you just calling it negative because it's a different opinion to yours?

Just quoting this bit in hope that it will sink in :thumbsu:

Back