Review How is this board for you? ***Crows only***

How's the board travelling from your perspective?

• Everything is awesome

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Okaaayyy but please consider...

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I'm contemplating spending less time here because....

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit tired of the Pods hating but I'm okay with the Sando hating.

Seriously I don't think we have a huge troll issue. I've seen worse. Mods keep on top of things pretty well. Sometimes they go too far though with the political correctness but then again we don't want this place to turn into 4chan.

For mine people need to play the ball and not the man more often, this is when we get good, true discussions and debates!

If you don't like someone posting continuously about a subject - don't reply.

The board in general is excellent and I like the banter, need a thread showing people's strike rates with Rumours so that we know who to take seriously!

Often I will get into arguments with posters and this I enjoy and respect their opinions (as long as they argue the point).

And i agree with everyone on the humour, bloody brilliant around here by some posters.

I'm fine with people having negative opinions. It's when people have the same opinions over and over and inject them into every thread that's tiresome. I want people who have clear minded perspectives - which can still be negative. I'll always read DABM, even if I rarely agree.

What if the same opinion is still relevant?

You're kid is still backwards because you slept with your sister - that is that answer to a lot of questions, it doesn't have a limited half life.

I have to say the Adelaide board is one of my least favourite boards on Big Footy.

- As many have said, the usual suspects derail every thread with their own agenda
- Trolls (particularly opposition trolls) are not adequately controlled/dealt with
- Too much playing the man and not the ball

There's a couple more things I'd like to add, but not sure if I'm allowed to say them or not without getting in trouble, so I'll keep those to myself.

EDIT (with the mods blessing): The moderating on this board has been, at best, inconsistent. It seems some posters get away with murder on the board, yet others get holidays for the smallest indiscretions. As a result, it difficult to gauge what is, and what is not, crossing the line. Even the rare time you report a post it appears that nothing is done, which then has you wondering why do you even bother reporting posts.

Last edited:
homer-floor-run-o.gif

Our board seems to draw out a point until it has been placed in a coffin, burnt to ashes, thrown into the sea, swallowed by plankton, gulped by a whale, harpooned by a Japanese fisherman, sliced into pieces, frozen, sent to SA, sold as butterfish in a local fish n chip shop n eaten by us.

On that note how sheeet is fish without tartae sauce.

Still here most days....numerous times. Still enjoy the main reason we post, we love the Crows and want them to have success. Its great to read other points of view, some with their finger on the pulse, some not so much. First place for Crows news and a great place to vent or share in a win with like minded people. :thumbsu:

People are entitled to their opinion, but once its been made a couple of times let it rest. If it is such a bugbear, start a thread on the topic, have your vent and move on. As much as we would like to think we are making a difference and the AFC are reading every thread and taking notes, we are footy nerds who are passionate and sometimes that leads to flame wars and things being said that don't need to be. If you don't like it, don't read it, if a poster is really getting repetitive just put them on ignore for a while.

It has been a bit down and negative, but that's to be expected with the way we are playing atm. Mods are doing a good job, but maybe sometimes need to come down harder and quicker on trolls from the tarps. Constructive oppo posters are always welcome.

So everything is almost awesome.

Yeah I'm happy with the board. As another member stated, I'm also from Victoria and it's difficult for us to get some good info on our club down here in Melbourne. The AFC site is great but I love discussing our club with fellow crows supporters.

I'm just looking forward to the day when we win the premiership & we can all finally celebrate, albeit in a forum but one things for sure. It'll be a day/week/off season to remember.

My posts about Tartar sauce and Seafood Cocktail sauce just got deleted so clearly the mods are onto it so no complaints there...

In all seriousness this board is always going to be viewable to crows supporters.

It's an open forum where we can all talk about:
  • the game
  • players chosen and not chosen
  • coaches
  • media
  • administration
  • crowds
  • etc

The truth is that I love this board because my understanding of footy has improved because of it..

Before I started reading/joined this forum I was just as dedicated to the crows as I am now. However my mates either don't follow footy or the crows. Once I joined/started reading this site I started to gain a new perspective and saw a new view on our club because there was more to it than being "the crows."

Before I used to simply cheer for our players, I was young so they were gods, now days I actually watch players performances and take into account what people say about our administration and coaches.. I just don't follow the club blindly.. I think that is mainly due to the insight I have gained through being on here. You have to wonder if some our blind followers actually read these forums if they'd speak the same.

I know a lot of us don't agree with posters like alex_is_on_fire and BACCS. However these are the posters that make us think. We can't all be the same and project the same ideas otherwise this board would be boring as fk. They both at least make bold statements that will eventually prove to be true or false but creates discussion.. This board would be crap without posters like them.

This forum would be better if we started discussing what tactics to use before games etc.

I'd like to see us rather than bitching about selection (which will happen anyway):
  • Discuss what structure we should use
  • What match ups we should go for
  • Where we will win
  • Where we will lose
  • What match up will hurt us
This will be interesting to look for when the game goes on.

I think we all get into the fad of whinging and bitching when we could be discussing..

upload_2014-8-21_1-26-42.jpeg

Last edited:
Like most of the early BF posters i guess i am more of a lurker than a regular poster but i do read this board just about everyday mainly for the gossip/footy news but also for the many laughs i get from some of the s**t fights between certain posters, very well moderated without going overboard & posters in general all have a great sense of humour as well as footy knowledge..

Most of the posting here is great, but the repetitive arguments that permeate every thread get tiresome after a while.

I can understand some negativity to a certain degree. We're not a very good team right now, and we were lied to by those in charge. However the dead horses that get flogged on this board are driving people away. I'm all for spirited debate, but it's always the same suspects cheap shotting one another, going over the same points for pages on end. Speaking of cheap shots, one thing that really grinds my gears is using "Are you actually player/coach/administrator?" as if the only person who would disagree with certain points of criticism is those being criticized themselves. It's really stupid, and cheapens the entire argument you are making. The insults just make it a petty s**t fight, and any valid points being made are likely to be dismissed.

However, when we look past those, the analysis threads, face-offs and the fun threads like the picture thread and the Goal kicking game are why I keep coming back.

Amen to this entire post.

There is always a time to move on. I would have thought the 'Trigg needs to resign' and the 'Tippett…' threads would have been closed by now. Just sayin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What annoys me is when people try to settle football debates by correcting each others spelling and punctuation.
Sure, it is your democratic right to be allowed to be annoyed at this.

But the next ****ing poster who uses your instead of you're, or of instead of have, or then instead of than, needs to be banished with all the Bi-polars and Asbies and OCDers and ADHDers who need to get off the keyboard for at least a few minutes a day.

See ya, I'm going outside for a few minutes.

Amen to this entire post.

There is always a time to move on. I would have thought the 'Trigg needs to resign' and the 'Tippett…' threads would have been closed by now. Just sayin.

Just had a look at the last page of the Trigg thread - there's no angst, no malice, no arguments, only people discussing Trigg's legacy.

I cant possibly imagine what your problem is with that, other than you don't agree with the content (and perhaps the dated title) of the thread.

Disagree. Just don't read them.
But the next ****ing poster who uses your instead of you're, or of instead of have, or then instead of than, needs to be banished with all the Bi-polars and Asbies and OCDers and ADHDers who need to get off the keyboard for at least a few minutes a day.
Agree!

180° in just two posts.

Sure, it is your democratic right to be allowed to be annoyed at this.

See ya, I'm going outside for a few minutes.

I'm a pedant when it comes to these things as well, but in defence of the occasional you're * up, my phone keyboard (SwiftKey) continually gets this wrong. Usually results in an attempted ninja edit before the shame really sets in.

However, of instead of have is unforgivable - perpetrators should be jettisoned into the sun.

This board has a comparatively high amount of in-fighting from what I've seen.

If you look at the West Coast board, collectively they have the best sense of humour and it looks like a friendly atmosphere for the most part. Port, not so much, but even when they're all talking about the same thing (the crows did "x" today) they back each other up. Camaraderie.

Then you come here... Step on the wrong toes and you're in a childish fight. It's a bit jarring when you realise you're in a trivial argument with someone who seems like they should be making smarter posts.

Like others I find the negativity a bit much at times. Mods doing a reasonable job and I too like the transparency. I think we could be harder on trolls, especially Poower trolls.
I don't read every thread as a lot of stuff is of no interest to me, and I sometimes skip pages on particular threads. The repetitive arguments by a few are boring. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, LIFT YOUR GAME. :)
Perspective is needed by some posters. It is a game. That is all.

No issue for the most part.

I would however like to see posts that are just posters fighting/abusing each other deleted or moved to one thread where they can let loose without it clogging up a thread on the topic you're trying to read about. Can often get pages and pages of s**t fights happening in the one thread which only lead to more people joining in, I'd happily report these but I'm not sure they'd get moved since it really isn't against any 'rules'.

Also the spelling of players names, Mackay in particular drives me mad but that's not really an issue the mods can fix.

Good: news, updates from the inside, there's a couple of excellent posters here that I enjoy reading.

Bad: negativity, people who constantly want the heads of others, thread hijacking.

I don't spend a lot of time here at all, just to read some brilliant face-offs (and couple of other interesting threads), and catch up on anything I may have missed. The attitude of most people turns me right away, and I know a few other posters who feel the same way.

Its not bad.
The one thing I'd say is that we seem to have so many extreme views in here.
Theres the extremist negative nancies and then theres the people that always find positives no matter how bad our performance.
I guess thats to be expected from a wide range of people going for one football team...

I'm a pedant when it comes to these things as well, but in defence of the occasional you're **** up, my phone keyboard (SwiftKey) continually gets this wrong. Usually results in an attempted ninja edit before the shame really sets in.

However, of instead of have is unforgivable - perpetrators should be jettisoned into the sun.

YES!
FARKN YES!

Back