How long before Man Utd sacks Moyes and reinstates Fergie?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
So how long you think? I give it to Christmas this year. The Man Utd establishment, so used to success in recent times, will get impatient as Moyes struggles to come to terms with higher than normal expectations. Remember, we are talking about a club who loses fans in droves if they drop off so the pressure to succeed is definately on.

Now Sir Fergie is a genius, a legend at that, full credit to him. But aside from him, and maybe Matt Bubsy, a Liverpool captain, Man Utd, throughout its history, has been an epic fail. 6 premierships in its first 100 years lol, then 14 under SAF. So it's going to be interesting to see how this club copes without SAF and how long it will be before Man Utd look to him again.

I think he'll last a couple of seasons, will likely get replaced by a successful foreigner when he inevitably fails. A bloke like Jorge Jesus or Frank De Boer would be my pick, hard to tell what's gonna happen in 2 years time though.

United won't look to Ferguson if it goes **** up with Moyes. That would be the worst possible thing they could do and would undermine any future managers they get on board. Ferguson is smart enough to take a leaf out of Shankly's book and realise that him hanging around and having an influence over the management of the club is a bad thing.

images

How's my op prediction looking? I'd say it's right on track.

Using the Liverpool game as the most recent guide, Moyes looks clueless and he looks desperate and stressed. Someone give him some Swisse before he faints. His selections are woeful, starting 11 terrible and his tactic of a moving bus is negative. But I guess this is what happens when you recruit your coach from toffees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

27.5 million pounds for fellaini

not long now #moyesout

What baffles me is that our interest in him was well known, and has been for sometime.

That being the case, why didn't we sign the afro before the expiry of his release clause that would have saved us 5m?

What baffles me is that our interest in him was well known, and has been for sometime.

That being the case, why didn't we sign the afro before the expiry of his release clause that would have saved us 5m?

It's funny because he wasn't worth the buy-out so we went for cheaper. Then we got desperate to sign and Everton didn't budge.

Ludicrous really by Woodward.

Moyes has had a solid managerial career but I wouldn't say he's been a resounding success, he's certainly never shown the killer instinct that sets managers like Ferguson apart from the rest. Immediately those questions about his credentials mean that for the first time in probably 15 years at United the pressure is on the manager to perform instead of the players. If the players played poorly under Ferguson ultimately they were the ones who were going to pay for it. I'm predicting there will be at least a couple of players who will smell that pressure release and consciously or not, they won't perform to expectations.

In addition, United's best players are all nearing the end of their careers and won't be getting any better over the next few seasons. Inevitably those players will need to be moved on at some point, is Moyes capable of luring players of sufficient quality to adequately replace them?

I call it the Graeme Souness effect. He'll be packing up his desk within 2 years.

Moyes won't be sacked, and SAF certainly won't be coming back, he has done his bit and is finished.

Moyes has a 6-year contract as well, the club obviously are willing to give him time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back