How long until a full blown civil war within the US?

Remove this Banner Ad

What if America has been at war with self since Obama was elected?

What if obama dragged all the cia's corporate terrorists into one spot and now Russia is destroying them for him? Screwing any hope the next republican administration can start its s**t again?

food for thought.

Just wanted to weigh in on the gun control thing... http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/you-americans-and-your-guns/

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

the text on your page is really hard to read.

that said i didn't disagree with much of it, but i think linking the NRA with profits is a bit misguided. they really do love guns that much and are a non-profit organisation. many of their political activities cannot realistically be linked to a profit motive (eg concealed carry laws), and their $$ are more important to note within the context of lobbying power, than buying yachts.

the text on your page is really hard to read.

that said i didn't disagree with much of it, but i think linking the NRA with profits is a bit misguided. they really do love guns that much and are a non-profit organisation. many of their political activities cannot realistically be linked to a profit motive (eg concealed carry laws), and their $$ are more important to note within the context of lobbying power, than buying yachts.
Not sure about the text issue, looks OK on my screen - what browser are you using?

RE the NRA, I think it's all too plausible that they'd be more concerned with money now. Their ties to gun manufacturers are varied and many, though I don't doubt some of them act out of a genuine belief that guns are an integral right.

They are unfortunately very good at rhetoric. 'gun control is the shadow of a big, oppressive government! First guns, then this, then that!' There are many Americans who fall hook line and sinker for such rhetoric, even though surely letting people buy lethal weapons with little or no regulation is a spectacularly bad idea.

Not sure about the text issue, looks OK on my screen - what browser are you using?

firefox. it's the colour contrast with the background (blue-ish on grey?). maybe im just getting old.

RE the NRA, I think it's all too plausible that they'd be more concerned with money now. Their ties to gun manufacturers are varied and many, though I don't doubt some of them act out of a genuine belief that guns are an integral right.

it's certainly plausible, but i don't feel you really addressed my comments. there's a *ton of case law involving the NRA that had a negligible relation to manufacturer profits. legal challenges that were all about the rights of owners to wave their dicks around in the public sphere etc. the profit motive does not adequately address the NRA and their MO.

firefox. it's the colour contrast with the background (blue-ish on grey?). maybe im just getting old.

it's certainly plausible, but i don't feel you really addressed my comments. there's a ****ton of case law involving the NRA that had a negligible relation to manufacturer profits. legal challenges that were all about the rights of owners to wave their dicks around in the public sphere etc. the profit motive does not adequately address the NRA and their MO.
Can't speak for the Firefox thing, as it displays OK on my screen. As for the rest, perhaps you're right, I'll have to do more research.

it's certainly plausible, but i don't feel you really addressed my comments. there's a ****ton of case law involving the NRA that had a negligible relation to manufacturer profits. legal challenges that were all about the rights of owners to wave their dicks around in the public sphere etc. the profit motive does not adequately address the NRA and their MO.

I've amended the original page to take into account your comments - and given credit where credit is due.

Says a lot about the "land of the free", when communities feel they need to arm them selves and organize in to militias against their federal government.

Says a lot about the "land of the free", when communities feel they need to arm them selves and organize in to militias against their federal government.

Just about all nations have done this at one point or another. No doubt it will happen here at some stage to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just about all nations have done this at one point or another. No doubt it will happen here at some stage to.

I doubt it will happen here. Australian's are too laid back and apathetic regarding political issues to arm them selves against the government.
There may be some out there who talk about it or plan for it, but it will never amount to anything substantial like what we see in America, at least not any time soon probably not in any of our life times.

There's more chance the states and territories will be abolished like Bob Hawk keeps advocating, before any armed uprising against the government imho.

I doubt it will happen here. Australian's are too laid back and apathetic regarding political issues to arm them selves against the government.
There may be some out there who talk about it or plan for it, but it will never amount to anything substantial like what we see in America, at least not any time soon probably not in any of our life times.

There's more chance the states and territories will be abolished like Bob Hawk keeps advocating, before any armed uprising against the government imho.

Eureka stockade

And it will happen again sometime. The only reason we are not at risk now is our wealth.

I'd rather abolish the country before the states

I'll keep saying it guys....how many guns are over there?

Not suggesting we are going to see some kind siege of Stalingrad type thing, but armed militias and guerrilla type insurgency....def a possibility for mind. We saw what happened in Ferguson....now imagine the challenge of police in trying to control that except this time with opposing sides bearing semi auto firearms? And on a nation wide scale.

Not as crazy as it sounds IMO
They will drive and park a 70,000 tonne naval carrier at your front and kindly ask you to cease and desist.
Politely of course.

They will drive and park a 70,000 tonne naval carrier at your front and kindly ask you to cease and desist.
Politely of course.

And do what with it? Send the sailors on shore leave to hit up local brothels and bars?

And do what with it? Send the sailors on shore leave to hit up local brothels and bars?
Probs.
After they make your missus do the whole Cher singing on the canon routine.

Don't they do that all the time (quoting that oft abused 2nd amendment while doing so?) I think they call themselves survivalists or some s**t.

It would take an economic collapse to initiative widespread civil unrest, or anything approaching a civil war. Main trigger I foresee for this would be a collapse of the petrodollar system, which would probably cause domestic hyperinflation. The Russians and their Chinese allies show full understanding of this mechanism.

It would take an economic collapse to initiative widespread civil unrest, or anything approaching a civil war. Main trigger I foresee for this would be a collapse of the petrodollar system, which would probably cause domestic hyperinflation. The Russians and their Chinese allies show full understanding of this mechanism.

you're right re the outcome for a failed energy policy but I'm not sure the petro dollar system will fail fail centuries but for a variety of reasons we should move away from O&G.

the winners and losers will be determined on a basic decision. high opex and low capex is enticing but will lead to economic collapse. the winners will go high capex and low opex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back