Prediction How many games will Paddy McCartin play in 2015?

How many games will Paddy McCartin play in 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not many. I think he'll debut and get a few here and there, mainly because of the "shiny new toy" factor. But he has two things that mean he won't play much this year in the seniors:
  1. Too much competition for spots, as hayes pointed out. There are going to be two talls in our forward line this year, possibly three if you count the medium-tall in the forward pocket, but that'll go to Markworth, Membrey or Lee. Roo definitely takes one of those two tall spots, which leaves one: Bruce is the most likely to start there, with White close behind him. If Paddy plays, it's because he's looking better than those two - and that will most likely be a bad thing, because it will mean that those two haven't done as well as they were meant to.
  2. Physically, a tall like him shouldn't be ready for AFL for at least two years. He may be way ahead of the pack in that regard, but that would be rather unusual.

This made me lol
Why, exactly?

2 spots for tall forwards, 1 filled by the skipper and a club legend. The other with two people further along in their development: Spencaaa and Bruce. I think that's called competition for spots.

RobbieMuir

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
The thing in Paddy's favour is that unlike most other 18/19 yo tall forwards he arrived at the club already built like a brick sh!thouse so he won't necessarily get thrown around by the gorillas he will most likely come up against. I think a dozen games in his first year would be ideal (bearing in mind there wil no doubt be injuries which will give him more opportunities).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im hoping zero. Hoping Roo will be averaging 4 a game and Spencer 5 and are unstopable leaving no room for McCartin.:):)

TastetheBeast

Senior List
Oct 17, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Paddy to make his debut round 3, our only Friday night game on the big stage. He'll kick a lazy 6.

4 games in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back