List Mgmt. How many list openings do we need heading in to 2015?

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
I would think other than the five announced, TDL, Dunell and Schneider would be in the most trouble, but wouldn't have Schneider been dealt with along with Jones and Gwilt?

I also think they'll be one from left field with the club eating the last year of a contract.

Oops, I didn't realise that Dunnel was out of contract, thought he still had a year.. That could save Schneider.

I see both Dunnel and TDL as very good VFL players, just not able to make that next step.

Schneider was a player in his day, but he's past it and just looks lazy now.

Curious George

All Australian
Dec 9, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have -
2 retires - Lenny & Maister
4 delistings - Gwilt, Jones, TDL, Dunell
2 Tradable / Delisted - Milera, Siposs (if we can get something for them)

8 draft picks
3 upgrades - Weller, Shenton & Michington
Leaves 5 draft picks
3 rookie selections (Saad hopefully one)

No word on Schneider suggests they're keeping him on.

or as richo suggested in his presser, a couple of them are dependent on some other stuff happening

i dont think its a done deal just yet. could be as simple as how Minch goes in the VFL finals

or as richo suggested in his presser, a couple of them are dependent on some other stuff happening

i dont think its a done deal just yet. could be as simple as how Minch goes in the VFL finals
Or if Saad is fit enough

Nicholas

Rookie
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Juventus
I think we need a minimum of 8. At least 4 of our rookies will be elevated, 3 first round picks and hopefully we can Saad in the Pre season Draft.

Sunshine Saint

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
Dec 1, 2011
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mitta United, Tapalinga, St Marys
Oops, I didn't realise that Dunnel was out of contract, thought he still had a year.. That could save Schneider.

I see both Dunnel and TDL as very good VFL players, just not able to make that next step.

Schneider was a player in his day, but he's past it and just looks lazy now.

Agree with Schneider comment. Also noticed on weekend his sniping of players. This is often the refuge of the old and slow and he has looked to be both over an entire game. No doubt he has footy smarts and has been sensational for the club, but he is definitely past in any on field capacity.

Curious George

All Australian
Dec 9, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree with Schneider comment. Also noticed on weekend his sniping of players. This is often the refuge of the old and slow and he has looked to be both over an entire game. No doubt he has footy smarts and has been sensational for the club, but he is definitely past in any on field capacity.

I don't think it's sniping players, I think it's more that he has higher expectations and should tell them it's not good enough, so they learn from it. That's what the older senior guys are there for. No point telling them at the break because most won't remember the contest.

Sunshine Saint

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
Dec 1, 2011
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mitta United, Tapalinga, St Marys
I don't think it's sniping players, I think it's more that he has higher expectations and should tell them it's not good enough, so they learn from it. That's what the older senior guys are there for. No point telling them at the break because most won't remember the contest.

Sorry Curious for being unclear earlier. I meant his sniping of opposition players. He seemed to be colliding with, or dragging players providing a shepherd, or looking for cheap shots on players. I wouldn't be surprised if he is disappointed in himself, as he appeared to be frustrated and taking out his lack of physical skills with unnecessary aggression towards opposition players. He needs to retire while he still has his great reputation and can retire with his head held high with the career that he has had.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
Sorry Curious for being unclear earlier. I meant his sniping of opposition players. He seemed to be colliding with, or dragging players providing a shepherd, or looking for cheap shots on players. I wouldn't be surprised if he is disappointed in himself, as he appeared to be frustrated and taking out his lack of physical skills with unnecessary aggression towards opposition players. He needs to retire while he still has his great reputation and can retire with his head held high with the career that he has had.
Schneider should retire. He's just not doing enough to even warrant a spot in the best 22 at the moment. At the start of next season, he'll be another 7 months older & I have big doubts on whether his body could cope with another preseason, let alone another AFL season in general. His efforts have been poor in this 2nd half of the year, none more so than the numerous times he could have put his body over the ball, but instead chose a shitty little toe poke or kick off the ground. Unfortunately, the game has last him.

To be honest, I'd be seriously disappointed if he gets another contract, while a guy like Clint Jones who busts his ass every single week & never ever takes a soft option doesn't get one.

In my opinion, Jones shows more leadership than Schneider does

Bit surprised they didn't wait till sandringhams season has finished

they probably can't due to giving players 8 weeks off. most clubs are doing the main delistings within the first few days before the guys go on holidays.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
ST KILDA has delisted forward Trent Dennis-Lane and midfielder Sam Dunell as it prepares for what shapes as an active trade and draft period.

Six players have now departed the Saints after the retirements of Lenny Hayes and Beau Maister and the delisting of James Gwilt and Clint Jones.

Terry Milera has also requested a trade to South Australia, potentially taking that number to seven.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/saints-duo-shown-door

Back