How many mid-pricers do you have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Alright guys, I've got a question for everyone. How many midpriced players are you going into Round 1 with, or even how many do you have in your side right now?

To me I'd class a mid ranger from 200k up to 400k. Most of the time mid pricers are someone returning from injury so they're normally senior players who missed a lot of last year or someone you'd expect to have a real break out season or improve a lot on previous years. The question I always ask when picking one is will they out score what a rookie should average and if so will they out score them by enough to warrant spending quite a bit extra cash?

I personally have really cut down the amount of mid rangers I had and now have more of a guns n rooks sort of tactic. I just found by turning one mid ranger into a rookie then aloud me to turn a different mid ranger into a rookie.

Right now in my side I've got just four players priced between the 200k and 400k zone. Geary, K.Kolo, Leuey and Bontempelli.

Would love to know a little bit of insight on everyone else's thoughts and strategies on the structuring of mid-pricers.

I reckon you have to judge each line differently. I am no expert but something like:

D: ~200k to ~400k
M: ~300k to ~500k
R: ~200k to ~420k
F: ~250k to ~450k

I dont know but I would class players like Nick Nat, Aish, Adams, etc.... as mid pricers. I dont think you can throw a blanket 200 to 400k to class mid pricers.

Last edited:

I have 5 mid pricers in my team. Picking a breakout player is one of the more rewarding things in fantasy.

Absolutely agree it is certainly one of the more rewarding things.

Ive always tried to pick different types and gone with a few mid pricers each year.

I picked Macrae last year was a beez d*** away from picking unique back midpricers in both Jaensch and B.Smith last year however defenders were so much better last year.

Its all too easy to pick all the rookies that are playing in round 1 then fill the rest of your side with top end premiums. Everyone bloe joe can do that. Picking the Mcglynns, Jaensch, B.Smith, Macrae types of last year probably shows more knowledge then actual final rankings, when you can combine both thats when your up the top end of the rankings.

I classify a midpricer as someone between the number 1 picks price (McCartin) and someone who you would pick knowing that youve picked them to stay in the side all year.

The backline this year definitely possesses some great opportunity to be different and also have midpricers which i love. I wish every line was like that this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back