How many weeks for Deledio?

Fishfingahz

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Sounds about right.

Pretty silly by Lids. As far as I recall this is the first time he's done something like this.

Sounds about right.

Pretty silly by Lids. As far as I recall this is the first time he's done something like this.
Never been suspended

So out of character for Deledio but I reckon he'll get 3 down to 1 (based on good record and guilty plea)

White wasn't hurt, has a good record, happy to see him get a warning for it.
Would be a common sense approach.

You shouldn't get just "a warning" for lining someone's head up.

Wavvey

All Australian
Apr 4, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Being a Richmond supporter I hope he gets off, but you would have to expect 1 week.

If it were to be 2 weeks I would be very shocked.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought this was the sort of incident the afl changed so that fyfe would stop being suspended. It was of course high but white was straight back up so the result of it was really nothing, no injury to speak of. Its a perfect test for how the new system will deal with these sorts of things.

PACatter

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2012
Amish Paradise
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Phila. Phillies, Eagles, Flyers
Agreed, but in context, White wasn't hurt, Delidio has played for 10 years without blemish.
Should be factored in with any punishment, load up on deterrents for any further breach, give him an opportunity to prove this was a once off.

Deledio was up for a 1 week ban just last year and squeaked out of it by convincing the MRP to drop the grading by one level and applying his good conduct discount. So he's got a blemish, just no suspension.

That being said, this was just footy. At worst, should be 1 week with an early plea. You can't go high impact, even medium is pushing it - White didn't seem to have any ill effect from the hit and was going at Deledio within moments of them hitting the ground. Careless grading. Head high, obviously.

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
Same as Matt Shaw. Less damage but higher likelyhood of serious injury. 3 weeks down to 2 with guilty plea.

Careless rather than intentional. High contact (head). High impact due to potential to cause serious injury - as per 2015 AFL Tribunal Guidelines = 3 week suspension. Early guilty plea reduces suspension by 1 week.

Note that in 2015 there is no provision for a "good behaviour" discount unless the case is appealed or sent to the tribunal.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2015TribunalBooklet.pdf

Back