How meany weeks for Scott Thompson?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Scott Thompson played for Collingwood, the MRP would probably say the contact was of insufficient force and dismiss the charge.

Should be thrown out, but considering some of the reports over the opening 4rounds, especially the Devon Smith/Bernice Vince striking report, I wouldn't be surprised if this was classed similar to that (which is also something that happens multiple times a game and generally not even free kick worthy): that report was intentional (3), low impact (1) & body contact (1); so 125points and a reprimand if you have a good record & take the early guilty plea - not sure what Thompson's record is like as to what impact that might have on any potential suspension.

Should be thrown out, but considering some of the reports over the opening 4rounds, especially the Devon Smith/Bernice Vince striking report, I wouldn't be surprised if this was classed similar to that (which is also something that happens multiple times a game and generally not even free kick worthy): that report was intentional (3), low impact (1) & body contact (1); so 125points and a reprimand if you have a good record & take the early guilty plea - not sure what Thompson's record is like as to what impact that might have on any potential suspension.

I think he has 60 carryover points so he'd be looking at one week with or without the plea. Bit surprised the damage he apparently did with just the forearm, but it was late and dumb so if there is a consequence he'll have to suck it up.

Would have to be intentional he has already taken the mark overhead and he was punched in the stomach what else was he trying to do apart from punch him?

Did you see it from front on angle? Forearm across the chest. Not a punch. Not his stomach. Cloke made it look like he had been punched.

Was late so probably a 50 but it's a joke if someone goes for that. Embarrassing report.

Zero weeks deserved but who knows in this day and age. Perhaps one week because of his hangover points?

For mine it was a player with no eyes on the ball who interfered with the marking contest. Clear free kick and a 50m penalty was debatable but I reckon warranted. Not worth a report or a suspension

Correct decision, was a cheap shot to a player with eyes only on the ball. 70's/80's football died a long time ago.

If you think that 'cheap shot' is comparable to 70's/80's football, you either have a bad memory or never saw footy back then. Was deserving of the 50m penalty/goal, not deserving a week on the sidelines.

Force was a lot less no different to a intentional act after someone took a mark

Haha! Your full of it mate.

Big bad Clokey rolling around like a sook means a wrist to the belly button was less force than Hodgey's? Mate, he's dead-set weak as piss if that hurt. Take a look at the footage, hardly got him with his forearm... Cloke should be embarrassed of his over reaction, and if anything MRP should look at it for staging.

As I said, was a late contest that struck the body. Take a 50m penalty and get on with it.

Dumb by Thompson but surely the 50 metre penalty was sufficient punishment.

5-6 players from today should be cited on that precedent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shows how protected Collingwood are. Maxwell irons out Cotchin high contact off the ball. He gets nothing.

Shouldn't have been reported, let alone given a week. Pretty embarrassing for the MRP.

Haha! Your full of it mate.

Big bad Clokey rolling around like a sook means a wrist to the belly button was less force than Hodgey's? Mate, he's dead-set weak as piss if that hurt. Take a look at the footage, hardly got him with his forearm... Cloke should be embarrassed of his over reaction, and if anything MRP should look at it for staging.

As I said, was a late contest that struck the body. Take a 50m penalty and get on with it.

Gutless act. Copped his right wack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back