How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. I just wasted time talking to someone who doesn't have basic grammar skills. I won't be getting that 5 minutes back any time soon. Interesting that you equate a premiership coach as someone who gets it right 100% of the time. Have you ever considered you may have some limitations?

aT7m2ad.jpg

The odd bad bit of grammar, spelling mistake, typo, who cares.

But out and out poor grammar? Suggests a low IQ and I have to question why someone with a likely low IQ thinks they are interpreting things correctly? It's quite relevant to the debate.

"Coach X has coached a premiership so everything they do must be correct, mmmkay?"

I'm pretty sure we're not talking to a genius here.

I will agree to disagree with you on masten he is the problem shuey has lifted why is he the problem. Roos is a premiership coach worsfold is a premiership coach and simpson came from a team that won a premiership and stayed at the top for a long time and is still at the top. Also roos trained up longmuir who is a premiership coach i think they know what they are talking about. Masten in the centre would be a disaster they tried to find a spot for him on hhf but it didn't work he can only sit on a wing getting cheap stats very limited like pridda. Winning premierships is hard work and all the coaches you are talking about have been a part of premierships (playing and coaching).

Masten has been very good the last few weeks playing what I consider to be an important role - finding space, reading the play well and setting us up in our forward 50. He still has the odd clunker but more often that not, he is very good at hitting up our forwards on a lead - which is something we've struggled with.

I agree that he's not well-suited to playing in the centre - he's too small and gets bumped off the ball too easily - and I don't think anybody expects anymore that he's going to become an elite A-grader to build our midfield around. But as an endurance runner and sweeper with a high workrate who can be damaging by foot, I think he's earned his place. People forget how good he was last year when the rest of our midfield was playing appallingly.

The odd bad bit of grammar, spelling mistake, typo, who cares.

But out and out poor grammar? Suggests a low IQ and I have to question why someone with a likely low IQ thinks they are interpreting things correctly? It's quite relevant to the debate.

"Coach X has coached a premiership so everything they do must be correct, mmmkay?"

I'm pretty sure we're not talking to a genius here.

Yes, but you're playing the man, not the ball. Insulting other posters directly is actually against forum rules believe it or not. Also you disagree with me and I have a high IQ so it's not really the be all and end all.

Yes, but you're playing the man, not the ball. Insulting other posters directly is actually against forum rules believe it or not. Also you disagree with me and I have a high IQ so it's not really the be all and end all.

You spelled eq wrong ;)

But in a rare moment of solidarity i agree with the bloke whose totally wrong about ploddis

Its something we should try to avoid - as hard as it is sometimes with an emotive subject - thats what the ignore feature is for.

Right. So you pull me up for pointing out someone's poor grammar whilst at the same time you are chastising me for "playing the man". Sounds like you are having a bet each way.

You spelled eq wrong ;)

But in a rare moment of solidarity i agree with the bloke whose totally wrong about ploddis

Its something we should try to avoid - as hard as it is sometimes with an emotive subject - thats what the ignore feature is for.
This is not emotional. I have to question someone who can't put a coherent sentence together. It's relevant.

But maybe we should all move on?

Let's start with:

Rather than say "I'll agree to disagree" and avoid responding to a point, only to later reiterate "I don't agree" without explaining why, can Daveo explain how making any changes with Masten can change anything at all?

Great. I just wasted time talking to someone who doesn't have basic grammar skills. I won't be getting that 5 minutes back any time soon. Interesting that you equate a premiership coach as someone who gets it right 100% of the time. Have you ever considered you may have some limitations?

You have demoted yourself to personal attacks your iq must be very high. At the end of the day i am on a footy forum don't care about grammar or iq. I give my points with examples if you don't like it eat it. If grammar = high iq everyone would be like Einstein but it isn't that way. I think we will leave it at that have fun mr high iq keep up the grammar ahah.

All you pro priddis stat whores there is a stat quoted in the gold coast changes thread showing we win more clearances when yeo is in the center. 28% more than our opponent. When priddis is there it is only 5% more than our opponent.
So our master clearance king who only has this going for him only works out to our favour 5% more.

You have demoted yourself to personal attacks your iq must be very high. At the end of the day i am on a footy forum don't care about grammar or iq. I give my points with examples if you don't like it eat it. If grammar = high iq everyone would be like Einstein but it isn't that way. I think we will leave it at that have fun mr high iq keep up the grammar ahah.

Wot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So any chance you can provide some sort of argument as to how we change something with Masten to make us better?

Yeah right on! Lets just hope we don't come across another immovable force like...dun dun dun...Daniel Cross.

I hope just quietly that other coaches that might review that game when they have to play us don't think to put a man between Priddis and the ball at stoppages its his kryptonite...you know defensive pressure.

I've read a lot of detailed arguments as to why the Golden Haired Golliwog should be moved on but the Pridda lickers don't seem to be able to get past:

1. Who do we replace him with?
2. A coach and media personality are more involved, and are industry professionals, therefore everything they say is correct
3. We have other problems (i.e. Masten) but don't want to detail how we can make changes regarding Masten and have a better midfield
4. "Matty" is a diamond geezer.
5. He's great at extracting and this more than compensates for all his other flaws
6. AFL.com have him BOG every week therefore it's true.
7. It's wrong and disloyal to question your club therefore Priddis is tops.

Any chance you guys can branch out and talk about midfield set ups, team balance, and development of young mids?

So...yeh. Surely Yeo plays the full game?

Someone was saying he isnt match fit...but how would a broken hand effect his endurance?

This thread has now done what no Eagles player has been able to do, brought up the 300. That is despite the exact same points being made on each side over and over and over and over and over since page 1.

Once again it's time for a reminder - If you wish to persist in the cruel and extreme form of torture that is participating in the thread, do so without attacking the character, intelligence, personal hygiene etc of poster(s) on the other side of the argument, otherwise you'll get a holiday.

Last edited:
I've read a lot of detailed arguments as to why the Golden Haired Golliwog should be moved on but the Pridda lickers don't seem to be able to get past:

1. Who do we replace him with?
2. A coach and media personality are more involved, and are industry professionals, therefore everything they say is correct
3. We have other problems (i.e. Masten) but don't want to detail how we can make changes regarding Masten and have a better midfield
4. "Matty" is a diamond geezer.
5. He's great at extracting and this more than compensates for all his other flaws
6. AFL.com have him BOG every week therefore it's true.
7. It's wrong and disloyal to question your club therefore Priddis is tops.

Any chance you guys can branch out and talk about midfield set ups, team balance, and development of young mids?

1. Thats right it has to be like for like. Heaven forbid that we get someone with a more rounded game with less focus on 1 aspect of it. Otherwise how else will we get it. Very few players in the AFL are capable at getting their own footy. Couldn't just be a different mid that brings something else to the table.
2. Not one team has ever had too much faith in 1 player at anytime...they are professionals.
3. Its a simple solution replace all other mids in the team as they aren't living upto his standards...see ball get ball. They all need to go in and get the hard ball at the same time despite structures and the like. They don't get as much as him so = not as good. He could be a cog in highly successful premiership midfield therefore go and get premiership midfield to make him a cog in (dusts hands together) done!
4. Apt description
5. Who cares once you have it, what happens then the 0.02 seconds he has the ball stops the opposition from getting the ball.
6. Who better to judge the game?
7. We have a reputation to maintain as fans...we have to seem like much better fans than the next set of footballing fans as the cross section of society that supports our team are much better than the other cross section of society...and some of the wear purple.

;)

This thread has now done what no Eagles player has been able to do, brought up the 300. That is despite the exact same points being made on each side over and over and over and over and over since page 1.

Once again it's time for a reminder - If you wish to persist in the cruel and extreme form of torture that is participating in the thread, do so without attacking the character, intelligence, personal hygiene etc of poster(s) on the other side of the argument, otherwise you'll get a holiday.

Priddis "300" memorabilia on sale now!

He has released his own "Buddy ball" to commemorate this event. It's weighted so that no matter how you kick it ends up turning sideways and away from your intended target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back