How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are missing the point of why he is doing the videos.
He's not highlighting his bad games.
He's showing examples of his deficiencies. He does show all his disposals in the games he edits, even his few good ones.
In priddis' good FEW games he is saying priddis limited his deficiencies so there is no point showing them.
Surely you can understand that.
Capiche?
From what I gather al is putting all his possessions in a neat little package so the disposals don't get lost in the play . Good bad and average they are there in front of you like ducks in a row ( no shuey pun ) to make a judgment . I like what he is doing but the quality of the disposals can sometimes be open to interpretation . Good work al keep it up .

You on the other hand are trying to use the videos as a priddis bashing tool to somehow validate your twisted hateful agenda by highlighting his deficiencies whilst not acknowledging his strengths .

Don't tarnish al's work with your hateful agenda!
He is trying to be objective you are not

And yet when I ask al to do a video of the Adelaide game or either collingwood game he hasn't ! Selecting the games where priddis didn't have an impact to support your argument is just biased Bullshit .
Typical from a one eyed priddis haters

From what I gather al is putting all his possessions in a neat little package so the disposals don't get lost in the play . Good bad and average they are there in front of you like ducks in a row ( no shuey pun ) to make a judgment . I like what he is doing but the quality of the disposals can sometimes be open to interpretation . Good work al keep it up .

You on the other hand are trying to use the videos as a priddis bashing tool to somehow validate your twisted hateful agenda by highlighting his deficiencies whilst not acknowledging his strengths .

Don't tarnish al's work with your hateful agenda!
He is trying to be objective you are not

Strong contradiction is strong. :rolleyes:

Biased bullshit or Good work Al?

Leave out the abuse please - FS
Strong contradiction is strong. :rolleyes:

Biased bullshit or Good work Al?
You are a moron !
It's right there in front of you , you even put it in bold .
I also believe that al asked for games and the priddis haters selected them .
The game selection so far = biased
The packages he puts together = objective
He also said he was doing all games except bottom teams = objective
Priddis haters like you using the couple of vids so far of his average games to validate their arguments before the good games are shown = bias .
Do you get it ?
Do You Want. Me. To. Type. Slower. For. You. ?

Last edited:

You are a moron !
It's right there in front of you , you even put it in bold .
I also believe that al asked for games and the priddis haters selected them .
The game selection so far = biased
The packages he puts together = objective
He also said he was doing all games except bottom teams = objective
Priddis haters like you using the couple of vids so far of his average games to validate their arguments before the good games are shown = bias .
Do you get it ?
Do You Want. Me. To. Type. Slower. For. You. ?
Good work deflecting.

You accused al of bias and then tell him good work to try and make a point against me.
That's OK. Priddis' s**t is there for all to see no matter who edits it.

I have nothing to hide. I hate that priddis is in our side because he brings mediocrity to our team. He is the embodiment of it. I don't hate priddis, I don't know him.
My thoughts about priddis disposal aren't in dispute, never have been.
So what's with the accusation about it when I have never spoken any different.

You are the one with a huge problem of hate towards me lol. But for the record.
I don't give a s**t about some faceless keyboard warrior like you who has an issue with me.

exit stoppage off his own steam? given that only 3 players can actually do that on regular basis, i think calling for that is a bit rich.

well ER, what IS then their fault? do you think htey are good enough and all comes back to priddis?

they can get in there and get it themselves cant they? or 2 coaches about about 6 assistant coaches have worked out that they actually cant? maybe they are all wrong i suppose.

Do not attempt to build a straw man. My position on Priddis and midfield structures generally has been made clear over a long period of time.

Simply the ability to take a few quick decisive steps creates room for other players to work into. The inability to create space means an inability to create meaningful uncontested possession. This might be a systemic problem but it starts with first possession and inside extractors do not exist isolated from these issues. Attempts to lock players into clearly defined inside/ outside, ball winner/ ball receiving role is retrograde and redundant at the highest level. If you can't do both you don't get drafted anymore. Such standards can and should be applied retrospectively to existing listed AFL players.

Priddis's preference to move the ball slowly and laterally from clearances (he's not alone ie: Masten, McGinnity, Rosa), prevents us from getting the quick break and getting players positive of the ball and into space. The flow on effects are plain and obvious, it means additional opponents behind the ball and slower ball movement. Simpson has done a lot to improve our kicking game this year, but he's been unable to fundamentally rectify this issue and allow us to take full scoring advantage when we're on top of our opponents and controlling the game.

I'd have no issue with Priddis and his preference to move the ball laterally, if he showed any propensity to move forward and inside on the angle and into a more dangerous position but his lack of pace prevents him from doing so. Not without being exposed going the other way. Priddis has really only ever shown any follow up ability in extremely tight and highly congested games where the ball movement is slowed down and extra numbers are committed to the contest.

Throw in his lack luster uncontested game, lack of quality disposal and his limitations quickly become a structural liability, we literally are worse of for the ball passing through his hands in non clearance scenarios. Such a position is not something i consider acceptable.

I'm a pragmatist and as such i'll use any player that i consider good enough. And both Shuey and Gaff are good enough, and Scooter can tag. All three are not dominant stamp of authority players in their own right they are highly proficient footballers with upside to come when surrounded by other talented players. Shuey has a well rounded game, both on the inside and the outside he can hurt sides. He's proven his clearances are some of the more damaging in the competition over the years, but he isn't going to played in a purely inside role because it's a wast of his talents. This attitude has been adopted since he broke out in 2011 and Shuey only goes after the contested ball really hard when he's struggling to break a tag. Have more like Shuey and the mix changes, the roles change and our ball movement changes. Perhaps Yeo can be one such player.

Gaff has a weak contested game. But he's come on so much as a player in 2014, it's been a massive positive for me this year. Some of his games have been down right amazing, his inside game is improving rapidly and he's learning to operate in tighter spaces under more pressure.

Don't use appeals to authority. Show me results and an argument for.

10 bucks says Priddis dominates tomorrow.

We had the our season defining game 2 weeks ago and Matt rolled over completely and gave an utter disgusting performance.

Now that the season is over and nobody gives a s**t, he's going to have a field day tomorrow. Mark my words.
It depends on how you define a good game. In the game against GC it is about 10 mins into the second qtr and they are saying Priddis has had 8 possessions, 3 clearances and so many handballs. What they haven't said is that not one of his disposals has been effective, he has missed several chances to clear the ball as was too slow, missed a goal because he has no right foot and although he was in the clear he was too slow to get boot to ball. On top of that GC players have simply run around and away from him and he just can't keep up with the game. He did do a lovely tap on from the grouynd to a team mates advantage but that is the total of his game so far. Hardly a good game but going on figures alone, looks impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this game should give kranky al a fair bit to "cherry pick"
True to form, when the pressure has been off he has managed to rack up a few possessions and has even hit the target a few times but if anybody ever had any doubt on his value to the team you only had to look at the last bit of play for the Eagles in the game. Ran to about 20 metres past Masten towards the wing when Masten got the ball. Took the short pass, ignored the leading forward and bomber the ball straight to the opposition in left pocket. He could have either passed or ran on and had a shot himself. I've said it before and will say again, he is not the guy you want as a running midfielder as he has zero skills.

It's a miracle!
BEST
Gold Coast:
Martin, Swallow, Lynch, Rischitelli, Prestia
West Coast: Kennedy, LeCras, Naitanui, Shuey, Masten
a2f5910d5457b92d821236d02d6c3d85.gif

True to form, when the pressure has been off he has managed to rack up a few possessions and has even hit the target a few times but if anybody ever had any doubt on his value to the team you only had to look at the last bit of play for the Eagles in the game. Ran to about 20 metres past Masten towards the wing when Masten got the ball. Took the short pass, ignored the leading forward and bomber the ball straight to the opposition in left pocket. He could have either passed or ran on and had a shot himself. I've said it before and will say again, he is not the guy you want as a running midfielder as he has zero skills.
Not to mention two incredibly poor and lazy defensive efforts in the last few minutes. Every time people say that he works hard I cringe, all you have to do is look at his crap defensive work without the ball to see that he picks his spots to work hard.

Not to mention two incredibly poor and lazy defensive efforts in the last few minutes. Every time people say that he works hard I cringe, all you have to do is look at his crap defensive work without the ball to see that he picks his spots to work hard.
You just have to watch him meander around / plod around when the opposition has the ball. Doesn't put any effort into keeping up with the play.

Can anyone put a positive spin on anything he's done in the last 2 weeks because I can't see it.

He's not beating up on the minnows anymore either.

I didn't think he was that bad today in terms of balance. Didn't get too much ball and didn't make too many glaring errors.

Commentators on Fox were talking him up for AA. Surely he couldn't get a guernsey? So many other mids have been so much more damaging.

Ablett, Selwood, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Beams, Parker, Kennedy, Gray, Heppell, Martin

nice reply. :)

so in summary we are a team of plodders and many are worse than priddis. therefore there is a lot of junk to get rid of before we get to him.

i know this is simplistic to your reply but EVERYONE knows his weaknesses. thats not what my point is about. nor do i want to dissect his play step by step. whilst getting into the nitty gritty of his play is fine, it is grossly unfair given the mix of our entire midfield group where he is not worst by far. i have every confidence that at the right time, coaches will remove him from leading the midfield but clearly at the moment his contribution outweighs his weaknesses. pretty sure everyone would love him to be quicker. but he is far from "s**t" as some people point out. they are using him as a whipping boy for entire midfield group which is extremely unfair. we don't dissect other players so much, so why do we do it to him? thats what i am getting at.

so i will go and build a straw….or something :p

we don't dissect other players so much, so why do we do it to him? thats what i am getting at.
Because the midfield is built around how he plays. It's not built around Shuey, Gaff, Selwood, NicNat, or anyone else. It's built around Priddis.

This needs to change and given he doesn't know how to play any other way, he has to be removed.

nice reply. :)
whilst getting into the nitty gritty of his play is fine, it is grossly unfair given the mix of our entire midfield group where he is not worst by far. i have every confidence that at the right time, coaches will remove him from leading the midfield but clearly at the moment his contribution outweighs his weaknesses. pretty sure everyone would love him to be quicker. but he is far from "s**t" as some people point out. they are using him as a whipping boy for entire midfield group which is extremely unfair. we don't dissect other players so much, so why do we do it to him? thats what i am getting at.

so i will go and build a straw….or something :p
He really isn't that far from s**t

Definitely a required player in 2015 IMO. Would like to see him used in the same way that Collingwood managed Luke Ball during 2014 though e.g: Use him as a green / red vest sub more regularly and don't build our starting midfield around him any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back