How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No, obviously it is all Priddis' fault. Havent you been paying attention to the thread?
Ahh thanks, for a moment there I thought we were going to have to start a thread called "How much longer can Nicnat and simpson be played"

******* Priddis

See, this means you just don't get the point of this thread. Congrats to Pridda on winning the Umpire's Award. The point of this thread is Priddis' impact/ability on WCE team winning a premiership in the role he plays every week.

You could of fooled me hahaha it has got personal on priddis this thread and you know it !!

Ahh thanks, for a moment there I thought we were going to have to start a thread called "How much longer can Nicnat and simpson be played"

******* Priddis
Why are they above criticism, you idiot?!?!?

Naitanui is a plodder and must be sacked, so is Simpson.. i have the footage!!!!!!!

(wow being eagle87 is fun)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kranky al you should do a compilation of Matts greatest hits for his brownlow year. Basically just mash together all the good bits of what you've already done so far

The grubber kick against essendon. When he plays on from someone elses advantage just to immediately turn it over. Directly costing us 2 goals in the first quarter against north melbourne, as well as his explosive defensive chasing

I canvassed this blog with a number of friends, colleagues and associates (I live in Melbourne), with only one being a west coast eagles supporter, and they are flummoxed that their is over 300 pages (at the time of conversations over the last couple of weeks) about the weakness of Priddis observed by those on this page, and the call for him to be traded or worse dropped/sacked/retired, because of these weaknesses. All of those I spoke to are not football experts (like all of us on this blog), but are football devotees who have watched football and/or played football at all levels for anywhere between 20 and 40 years, have said they would have Priddis in their 18, and that they can't understand the vitriol directed at Priddis, when in their opinions it is not deserved.
We have a choice to read any of the pages on bigfooty, and everyone has a right to their opinion, and hence I choose to follow the opinion of those who I believe have an unbiased and balanced view of the West Coast Eagles and those experts that have coached or played the game at the highest level on their views on Matt Priddis minutes and hours after he won the brownlow,
Tweets below
John Worsfold –“ I don’t know anyone who has been as committed to his craft as Matty Priddis. Congrats to a role model in mental toughness and humility”
Jeremy Cameron – “Matt Priddis deserves everything he gets, great player for so long! Now a Champion”
Terry Wallace – “Inside football best outsider – Matt Priddis”
Dean Cox “the best news ever….to a man that deserves nothing more than to be recognised nationally for what he does on a football field. So proud of you mate…..what a ripper
Scott Lycett – “Mate I look up to you so much and thank you for everything you’ve done for me! Pushed me to my limits mentally and physically. I wouldn’t be the player I am or will be without you. Bloody legend and I don’t know anyone who deserves it more than you! Brownlow medallist mate. Soak it up. Forever
Patrick Dangerfield – “Congratulations to Matty Priddis a very worth winner after a phenomenal season”
Shane Crawford – “Congratulations to west coast eagles Matt Priddis on winning the brownlow medal. A very worthy winner who never gave up on his dream to play AFL footy.
Michael Voss – “Congratulations to 2014 Brownlow medalist Matt Priddis. Incredible when you consider he didn’t win All-Australian selection”
Dylan Buckley – “Couldn’t be happier for Matt Priddis! What a win…Thoroughly deserved and great story
Kyle Hardingham “Love the story of Priddis the work to get where he is now. Sandover medalist to rookie list to now brownlow medalist #welldeserved"
Mitch Clarke – “:Bravo Matt Priddis. Such a great story and very deserving winner”
Boomer Harvey – “So our brownlow medalist can’t make it into the best 22? #stiff #AAselectors”
Nathan Grima – “poodle Priddis = Playa”
Kane Mitchell – “Congratulations Matt Priddis, greatly respected by all PAFC Players and members. Cheers Cob”
Jack Riewoldt – “I’m right on Priddis winning! Sneak him onto the AA bench now??”
Scott Pendlebury – “Well done Matt Priddis on the Brownlow. Great player n competitor
Jordan Lewis - "not one player at our club said he didn't deserve to win it"

I canvassed this blog with a number of friends, colleagues and associates (I live in Melbourne), with only one being a west coast eagles supporter, and they are flummoxed that their is over 300 pages (at the time of conversations over the last couple of weeks) about the weakness of Priddis observed by those on this page, and the call for him to be traded or worse dropped/sacked/retired, because of these weaknesses. All of those I spoke to are not football experts (like all of us on this blog), but are football devotees who have watched football and/or played football at all levels for anywhere between 20 and 40 years, have said they would have Priddis in their 18, and that they can't understand the vitriol directed at Priddis, when in their opinions it is not deserved.
We have a choice to read any of the pages on bigfooty, and everyone has a right to their opinion, and hence I choose to follow the opinion of those who I believe have an unbiased and balanced view of the West Coast Eagles and those experts that have coached or played the game at the highest level on their views on Matt Priddis minutes and hours after he won the brownlow,
Tweets below
John Worsfold –“ I don’t know anyone who has been as committed to his craft as Matty Priddis. Congrats to a role model in mental toughness and humility”
Jeremy Cameron – “Matt Priddis deserves everything he gets, great player for so long! Now a Champion”
Dean Cox “the best news ever….to a man that deserves nothing more than to be recognised nationally for what he does on a football field. So proud of you mate…..what a ripper
Scott Lycett – “Mate I look up to you so much and thank you for everything you’ve done for me! Pushed me to my limits mentally and physically. I wouldn’t be the player I am or will be without you. Bloody legend and I don’t know anyone who deserves it more than you! Brownlow medallist mate. Soak it up. Forever
Patrick Dangerfield – “Congratulations to Matty Priddis a very worth winner after a phenomenal season”
Shane Crawford – “Congratulations to west coast eagles Matt Priddis on winning the brownlow medal. A very worthy winner who never gave up on his dream to play AFL footy.
Michael Voss – “Congratulations to 2014 Brownlow medalist Matt Priddis. Incredible when you consider he didn’t win All-Australian selection”
Dylan Buckley – “Couldn’t be happier for Matt Priddis! What a win…Thoroughly deserved and great story
Kyle Hardingham “Love the story of Priddis the work to get where he is now. Sandover medalist to rookie list to now brownlow medalist #welldeserved"
Mitch Clarke – “:Bravo Matt Priddis. Such a great story and very deserving winner”
Boomer Harvey – “So our brownlow medalist can’t make it into the best 22? #stiff #AAselectors”
Kane Mitchell – “Congratulations Matt Priddis, greatly respected by all PAFC Players and members. Cheers Cob”
Jack Riewoldt – “I’m right on Priddis winning! Sneak him onto the AA bench now??”
Scott Pendlebury – “Well done Matt Priddis on the Brownlow. Great player n competitor

1st Question - How many of your "football devotee" mates watch him play each week?

2nd Question - How many of them can read a stat sheet?

3rd Question - Do any of them know who Luke Shuey is? And if so, how do they rate him?

As much as i care about what Kane Mitchell thinks.... i think people are obliged to acknowledge such an achievement as a form of showing respect and being polite. It's the same as when a player reaches any sort of milestone. The AFL is a community, and it stamps out loudmouths and trouble makers who speak openly like Akermanis in a flash.

The harping on about his missed AA selection is a bit much. It's embarrassing people keep bringing that up and yet offer no answers as to which elite player they would drop from their team for Priddis. Nobody was complaining until he won the Brownlow, now suddenly it's a massive issue.

well done to Matt. Can't take away that he is now a brownlow medalist, but what a weird count. how he got votes in that north melbourne game is beyond me. how any of our players got votes - i was steaming after that game and from memory my posts in here reflected that. was our worst performance in years i thought.

still doesn't mean i don't think of Matt as any more than a good ordinary footballer and that our midfield still lacks the desired polish to go to the top of the competition, but he's got a brownlow more than me so what does it matter.

Tweets below
I'm going to preface this comment with the statement that I am not a particular supporter of Priddis (I'm in the Bradbury Brownlow camp) but acknowledge his consistency, effort and application however, that's a lot of support social media support from players who the players didn't vote inside the top 10 of the Leigh Matthews Trophy.

Everyone loves a good story.

But to all the anti Priddis brigade, it's time you stopped embarrassing yourselves. You lost and you lost bad. Its just sad you still don't know how badly you lost. The brownlow win itself proves little sure. But anyone who is even remotely familiar with the history and arguments against Priddis and does not have a delusional based agenda realises this result OBLITERATES any negative thought. Stick to your 2 or 3 reasonable negative arguments against the absolute plethora of evidence that supports the opposite
Hats off to you.

You are revelling in our mediocrity that's been going for 8 years now, co-incidentally at the time Priddis came on-board.

You love the guy, he's a top bloke and get's the most out of himself. You enjoy seeing the little aussie battler punching above his weight.

There are many of us that recognise him for what he is. Ordinary, ordinary, ordinary.

What a utter disgrace, he's not fit to lick the shoelaces of Judd or Cousins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back