How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the self perpetuating cycle is caused by people like you coming in and posting nonsense that's already been addressed. And you ignore that.

Don't you think it might be caused by all parties? I honestly can't pick out a single poster, or group, that has caused the self-perpetuating cycle.

I believe in sharing the blame! ;)

Quote fail :)

That shows "emotional investment"? Lol ...

I'd love to be challenged. But most of the posts are at the level of yours today. So it's more annoyance, frustration and despair for our countrys future that I feel :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you think it might be caused by all parties? I honestly can't pick out a single poster, or group, that has caused the self-perpetuating cycle.

I think it's Matts fault.

He can end this right now. Cmon Matt you've won a Briwnlow. Do I hear "degenerative knee ... more time with family ... away from spotlight"

Cmon Matt, do what's right. End this thread. :)

What would people have to do if Matt did end this thread though Eagle87? I think it's his way of paying back the Eagles football community by perpetuating this thread.

100 percent correct.

If it seemed as if i was targeting one side over the other i suppose it's because i feel guys like Dark and Eagle are so polarized on this board specifically because of this thread.

If they could refrain from posting retorts to everyone who stirs them up or disagrees then it would die a quick death.

Trying to reason with them failed miserably Swannies, i leave with my tail between my legs and my keyboard over my back.

Since i myself have added to this cycle i shall now remove myself from it once and for all.

My only issue was that it seems to be the primary focus of energy spent on this board.

We used to bitch and argue about many things, now just Priddis.

I miss the diversity.

I miss Swift.

Quote fail :)

That shows "emotional investment"? Lol ...

I'd love to be challenged. But most of the posts are at the level of yours today. So it's more annoyance, frustration and despair for our countrys future that I feel :p

You are one cheeky f**ker Eagle, it's a good thing i don't use levels and don't have kids.

We are continuing with him because he is the best at extracting the ball at this moment.

We are addressing it by drafting inside mids like Sheed and Waterman. Perhaps Yeo will be given a chance next year.

What would you have us do Eagle, clearly the comps best talent can't flock to West Coast quickly enough.

Would you prefer it if i used harsher wording and said phased out?

I know he can't play anywhere else for f's sake. There is f**kin 350 pages of dribble on it.

We don't have a solution currently and until we do all your hot air is nothing but.

I mean seriously how much of the same s**t must you regurgitate over and over?

We are not going to remove him and put youngsters in or those who can't even get their hands on the bloody ball because well.. that's just dumb.

At some points conversations become redundant.

You are a smart cookie Eagle, i actually like the majority of your posts when you are not being rude or condescending simply because you clearly think before you type. They can be informative, so i put this to you.

Anyone you haven't convinced yet hardly makes the effort worthwhile and anyone worth convincing isn't paying attention.

Time to let it go.

Or keep typing, s**t whatever floats your boat.

P.s for the second time it only shits me because posters are stuck in this thread, in a self perpetuating cycle of rehashed points and comments while at times the rest of the board feels dead.

Quite hard to fathom the logic of it all but there you have it.

If he extracted it and did something with it - we wouldnt be having this discussion.

What we have here is akin to a swimmer in the 800m freestyle who can consistently beat the world record time over the first 400m then drops off to come last by 800m

It isnt acheiving anything. Theres no silverware on the mantelpiece and there never will be.

Geelong, hawthorn, sydney et al would cut their losses and do a mini rebuild - we sit there week after week waiting for a player to knock him off.

Emac was horrible when he started but grew into the role, so was scooter, and glass, we kept giving them game time till they came good. Not so with matt 89% game time in the middle and cant be played anywhere else. His position is thenonly one in th team where you have to actively push a player out.

We need eliot yeo and sheed in that position and waterman in a years time - and sink or swim. Nic nat learnt his trade as a skinny ruckman who got pushed aside around the ground but he grew into the role with cox's tutelage

We could use cox in the forward line whilst nic rucked. We could have left nic out and played cox 89 percent game time and said when nic is good enough he will push cox out - till then lynch can pinch hit. But that would have been stupid an nic would not be as developed as he is.

I differ from some here in that i think priddis has played an essential part in the development of our team post judd cousins - this year he should have been well and truly on the outer but our mids either got injured - selwood/ yeo or got egoed - wellers

But s**t - we really could have put a bit more time into sheed. At least given him 30 percent of that spot.

Look at scooter when he started- he was pathetic - but we persevered and he won a cc.

Does my head in.

If he extracted it and did something with it - we wouldnt be having this discussion.

What we have here is akin to a swimmer in the 800m freestyle who can consistently beat the world record time over the first 400m then drops off to come last by 800m

It isnt acheiving anything. Theres no silverware on the mantelpiece and there never will be.

Geelong, hawthorn, sydney et al would cut their losses and do a mini rebuild - we sit there week after week waiting for a player to knock him off.

Emac was horrible when he started but grew into the role, so was scooter, and glass, we kept giving them game time till they came good. Not so with matt 89% game time in the middle and cant be played anywhere else. His position is thenonly one in th team where you have to actively push a player out.

We need eliot yeo and sheed in that position and waterman in a years time - and sink or swim. Nic nat learnt his trade as a skinny ruckman who got pushed aside around the ground but he grew into the role with cox's tutelage

We could use cox in the forward line whilst nic rucked. We could have left nic out and played cox 89 percent game time and said when nic is good enough he will push cox out - till then lynch can pinch hit. But that would have been stupid an nic would not be as developed as he is.

I differ from some here in that i think priddis has played an essential part in the development of our team post judd cousins - this year he should have been well and truly on the outer but our mids either got injured - selwood/ yeo or got egoed - wellers

But s**t - we really could have put a bit more time into sheed. At least given him 30 percent of that spot.

Look at scooter when he started- he was pathetic - but we persevered and he won a cc.

Does my head in.

Good point. On a game to game basis at that point we may have been better off with Seaby as the backup than NN. NN should have had to push him out etc...

What would people have to do if Matt did end this thread though Eagle87? I think it's his way of paying back the Eagles football community by perpetuating this thread.

Rather than locking the thread, we should just allow everyone to have a maximum of one more post in this thread and if they really feel they have something new to say they can go and edit that final post.

I mean, at least during the offseason - unless Priddis retires before 2015 or we end up trading/drafting a midfield gun I don't see what can be added to the debate. I think most people agree Priddis has weaknesses, the only remaining point is whether it's better to do a rebuild/restructure of our midfield, or whether we should keep him in the 22 until we have other players who can play as IM's without the physicality damaging their AFL longevity (which I think is the problem now - Shuey or Yeo could play his role but would be unlikely to last for 22 games in it. It's not about skill/learning, it's about handling the physical crash and bash over and over for 120 minutes - Simpson seems to get this based on his comments about getting bigger bodies).

Goodness me. Now priddis is the only one on our list that can handle the rigours of being a 120 minute per game midfielder.

That's a new on eagle/sharks. You did want a new fresh argument...

Rather than locking the thread, we should just allow everyone to have a maximum of one more post in this thread and if they really feel they have something new to say they can go and edit that final post.

I mean, at least during the offseason - unless Priddis retires before 2015 or we end up trading/drafting a midfield gun I don't see what can be added to the debate. I think most people agree Priddis has weaknesses, the only remaining point is whether it's better to do a rebuild/restructure of our midfield, or whether we should keep him in the 22 until we have other players who can play as IM's without the physicality damaging their AFL longevity (which I think is the problem now - Shuey or Yeo could play his role but would be unlikely to last for 22 games in it. It's not about skill/learning, it's about handling the physical crash and bash over and over for 120 minutes - Simpson seems to get this based on his comments about getting bigger bodies).
Here's something new then, kind of a poor mans version of Kranky Al's videos, I've decided to review all of the games in which Priddis scored Brownlow medal votes this season. Here's the first one I've done, Round 3 against the Saints. Priddis was given 3 votes for this game.
http://imgur.com/a/a3vVH#0

Last edited:
Here's something new then, kind of a poor mans version of Kranky Al's videos, I've decided to review all of the games in which Priddis scored Brownlow medal votes this season. Here's the first one I've done, Round 3 against the Saints. Priddis was given 3 votes for this game.
http://imgur.com/a/a3vVH#0

Yeah, and Shuey was easily our best IMO, got us off to a flying start, and unsurprisingly was the one copping the tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm halfway through the Carlton game now, having to listen to expert commentators Dermott Brereton and Eddie Maguire may have just given me an aneurism though, might have to take a break.

Very poor attempt at a troll my dear carlton man!
I already explained. I had to switch clubs, since it made me physically ill to support a team with someone so limited in the No.1 role. I was on this board before this thread even started. Back when most of the experts here thought Adam Selwood was a champion and should be our next captain.

Anyway, now I'm just hoping there's a 'Crazy Vossy'-like coach who thinks Priddis is the missing puzzle piece they need to win a flag--and offers him 800k per year.

I already explained. I had to switch clubs, since it made me physically ill to support a team with someone so limited in the No.1 role. I was on this board before this thread even started. Back when most of the experts here thought Adam Selwood was a champion and should be our next captain.

Anyway, now I'm just hoping there's a 'Crazy Vossy'-like coach who thinks Priddis is the missing puzzle piece they need to win a flag--and offers him 800k per year.

So you switched to Carlton because Priddis made you physically ill, yet you have a picture of an Eagles player as your avatar and post exclusively about the player that makes you physically ill.

I can't imagine why anyone suspected you of being a troll.

So you switched to Carlton because Priddis made you physically ill, yet you have a picture of an Eagles player as your avatar and post exclusively about the player that makes you physically ill.

I can't imagine why anyone suspected you of being a troll.
Surely the giveaway is that he chose Carlton of all teams....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back