How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 4 pages have been a good read.

Looks like the Priddis fanclub has finally come out of the woodwork after the bombers game. Unsighted in the week following his worst performance of the year and arguably WCE worst 5 players on the ground. And yet 1 day before we're about to bully melbourne, here they are again telling us all the good things he's going to do against the demons. Can't wait.

According to your twisted logic the more tackles a player lays the more he is second to the ball. So who are Priddis' fellow "second to the ball" laggards? The top 10 includes Tom Liberatore, Tom Rockliff, Rory Sloane, Joel Selwood, Jaeger O'Meara and Callan Ward. What a mob of duffers!

It's not twisted logic...

It's a fact if you are at a stoppage and you are tackling what does it mean?

I did not say they were laggards merely your refusal to believe that such an excellent ball winner could be 2nd to the contest. I believe your quote was how could he be second to the ball when he wins so much of it himself. Yet tackling (when you do all of it at stoppages) suggests...?

Looks like the Priddis fanclub has finally come out of the woodwork after the bombers game. Unsighted in the week following his worst performance of the year and arguably WCE worst 5 players on the ground. And yet 1 day before we're about to bully melbourne, here they are again telling us all the good things he's going to do against the demons. Can't wait.

I think most of the 'Priddis fanclub' agree that he was ineffective against the Bombers, as were a number of players we would have expected to step up.

Its a lose/lose situation for Priddis this week. I can't wait for all the anti-Priddis fan club to tell us how s**t he is regardless of the outcome.

Good game - "Errrrrrrr only plays well against s**t opposition such a spud delist ploz"

Bad game - "Errrrrr can't even play well against s**t opposition such a spud delist ploz"

His worst game of the year was the gastro game vs Geelong that rebooted this thread for the year you nong.

Actually thats not how it works - most of priddis' tackles are because hes slow and second to the ball - he cant actually run a player down either as hes too slow for that - just about the only time you see him not tackle from immediately after a stoppage is if the player is running towards him and is boxed in by another eagle so cant treat priddis as a witches hat. You will see a classic example of that last in q3 against port.

The players you have listed above can tackle at a stoppage, then can run a player down at speed, they can take them front on - from any position or angle - as you will continue to see in every video - priddis only gets them if they are slowed for the tap or boxed in.

I know "thats not how it works", it was your twisted logic I was lampooning. You extol how these other players can "run a player down at speed, they can take them front on - from any position or angle", yet despite all these sensational advantages Priddis is still number 2 for tackles. There are only two explanations for this; Priddis is a much better tackler than you give him credit for or those other guys are lazy and don't fully utilise their skills. Try telling that to a Cats fan about Joel Selwood.

Actually just watched the 3rd quarter and the 4th the against port - and yeo is a gun - absolute gun - he gets hard ball then does something with it - great overhead - penetrating kick and fast as fuxx

Selwood showed excellent disposal improvement the year he was club champion - was pretty ordinary this year with an ankle injury - you are right that the jury is out there.

The jury is put on both of them. Yeo's only played 13 games for us so proclaiming him an "absolute gun" is based way more on potential than actual output.

The jury is put on both of them. Yeo's only played 13 games for us so proclaiming him an "absolute gun" is based way more on potential than actual output.

It's called talent, it's not to be confused with mere potential.

Well heres the 3rd quarter - he gets three decent possessions by my reckoning - also does a horrible shank where you will notice the two port guys chasing him overtake him and get to his shanked kick whilst he trudges further and further behind - no second effort as he is just too slow.

He is also responsible for an excellent clearance that results in a goal - but 3 decent possys for a quarter of footy

Ive tried to make the clips a little longer so you can see the context of something good - or bad.

You will also catch one of the tackles i have talked about - the one where a player is boxed in by another eagle so cant use priddis as a witches hat - the port player still gets a handpass out though.

I'm not interested in your cherry picked clips, me or anyone else could just as easily cherry pick our own collection of great plays by Priddis. The ultimate proof is in his entire body of work and the absence or presence of somebody who could do it better.

He does spend close to 90 minutes a game at that coalface - hes also slow - put two and two together

So do all the others in the top 10 tacklers, yet you ascribe them skills way ahead of Priddis, which begs the question why they aren't way ahead of him for tackles?

I'm not interested in your cherry picked clips, me or anyone else could just as easily cherry pick our own collection of great plays by Priddis. The ultimate proof is in his entire body of work and the absence or presence of somebody who could do it better.
Why don't you then? Take a game where you think he was amazing and the anti-Priddis group think he was terrible and show us why he's so good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's called talent, it's not to be confused with mere potential.

Sadly plenty of players with abundant talent have never made it. While that's important there's more to it than that. The way you appear to judge it it's talent alone that will determine things.

Sadly plenty of players with abundant talent have never made it. While that's important there's more to it than that. The way you appear to judge it it's talent alone that will determine things.

Not at all. To win a premiership you need talent and application, but if the talent isn't there then no amount of application will bridge that gap to the competitions best.

Not at all. To win a premiership you need talent and application, but if the talent isn't there then no amount of application will bridge that gap to the competitions best.

While this is a bit tangential, Mark Blake is a premiership player and Nathan Buckley isn't. Any player can win a premiership or not depending on who they're playing with and who's coaching.

I think most of the 'Priddis fanclub' agree that he was ineffective against the Bombers, as were a number of players we would have expected to step up.

Its a lose/lose situation for Priddis this week. I can't wait for all the anti-Priddis fan club to tell us how s**t he is regardless of the outcome.

Good game - "Errrrrrrr only plays well against s**t opposition such a spud delist ploz"

Bad game - "Errrrrr can't even play well against s**t opposition such a spud delist ploz"

Actually that would be a surprise to me sir, considering all anybody has done is defend his game and blame others. If you think he played a poor game then you are the first person of "the club" to admit it.

Well... can you argue with them? Last week was Matt's acid test. He's in "brownlow form" in the biggest game of the year, a potential leader and captain of the club, and THAT was what he dished up. Realistically he's going to have a field day against the demons, which just adds fire to the question.

Shuey, Gaff and Masten all lifted.... Matt did not.

This is the disconnect we have to deal with weekly with the pro priddis side. Im being accused of cheery picking clips.

Im played every single possession he had from 2 games where he was the highest voted eagle in the aflca voting and was rated in our best by the media and the afl website.

How is that cherry picked? Every single time we have an argument about priddis you lot wave the aflca votes in our face and tell us that we need to respect that - so i do highlights from two of those games you bash us over the head with - and im cherry picking clips?

Can you not see that does not make sense?

If i were only playing his bad disposals you would have a case - but im not - im playing every single disposal and also any time hes affecting play such as tackling etc.

What you are talking about above would be cherry picking - if you were just to grab all his good clips and make a video of them - thats cherry picking.

What the problem is with priddis is he gets the ball a lot - always sseems to be in the action - always in the thick of it - so in the game as a whole he seeems like he is acheiving a lot. Which is why he gets votes and rated in our best - and to a casual watcher he seems like a gun. If you break down his game possession by possession - you see they have no impact on the game - if shuey gets 20 possessions and priddis 35 - shuey will damage the other team - he will be involved in scores where priddis rarely is.

Up till a year ago i was on the priddis bandwagon - wasnt till someone recorded a game and i watched each possesssion and disposal one by one that i started to realise something was wrong.

You accuse me of cherry picking - im going to do every single game hes played against opposition aside from bottom four - except as discussed the geelong game

Explain how every single possession from all those games is cherry picking.

Weve been through this before - i can quote a heap (and have ) where hes had a good game and been given kudos by the antis - try to get a word against him from the pros when he has a shocker ......

How did you leap from saying Yeo had "talent", as if that alone made him an "absolute gun", to needing talent to win a premiership, something that wasn't part of the discussion?

Why don't you then? Take a game where you think he was amazing and the anti-Priddis group think he was terrible and show us why he's so good.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote, I'm not interested in a tit-for-tat trotting out of various cherry picked bits of vision.

This is the disconnect we have to deal with weekly with the pro priddis side. Im being accused of cheery picking clips.

Im played every single possession he had from 2 games where he was the highest voted eagle in the aflca voting and was rated in our best by the media and the afl website.

How is that cherry picked? Every single time we have an argument about priddis you lot wave the aflca votes in our face and tell us that we need to respect that - so i do highlights from two of those games you bash us over the head with - and im cherry picking clips?

Can you not see that does not make sense?

If i were only playing his bad disposals you would have a case - but im not - im playing every single disposal and also any time hes affecting play such as tackling etc.

What you are talking about above would be cherry picking - if you were just to grab all his good clips and make a video of them - thats cherry picking.

What the problem is with priddis is he gets the ball a lot - always sseems to be in the action - always in the thick of it - so in the game as a whole he seeems like he is acheiving a lot. Which is why he gets votes and rated in our best - and to a casual watcher he seems like a gun. If you break down his game possession by possession - you see they have no impact on the game - if shuey gets 20 possessions and priddis 35 - shuey will damage the other team - he will be involved in scores where priddis rarely is.

Up till a year ago i was on the priddis bandwagon - wasnt till someone recorded a game and i watched each possesssion and disposal one by one that i started to realise something was wrong.

You accuse me of cherry picking - im going to do every single game hes played against opposition aside from bottom four - except as discussed the geelong game

Explain how every single possession from all those games is cherry picking.

You say you don't cherry pick but acknowledge you "do highlights". That's textbook cherry picking.

Weve been through this before - i can quote a heap (and have ) where hes had a good game and been given kudos by the antis - try to get a word against him from the pros when he has a shocker ......

Some people don't feel the need to stick the boot into the players of the team they support. Out of curiosity, how many posts can you quote from the anti crowd praising Priddis which don't contain the word "but"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back