How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Hutchings, he's tough, in an under; would probably say he's a below average disposer of the footy. Better than Priddis but still prone to missing targets. Would be happy for him to get more time in there at Priddis' expense, agree.

Yeah he's not perfect, but he is an upgrade on Priddis in many ways, kicking is one of them but particularly the ability to chase down opponents on a turnover which we lack. However, I'd want to start playing Yeo through the middle ASAP and I would do whatever I could to keep from having Scooter and Hutch in the middle at the same time if possible.

Anybody written the Eagles about this conundrum? I think it's time for him to move aside myself.
Unfortunately this would do more harm tan good. Firstly, we can't have a coach or MRP who takes into consideration what supporters think. Any coach who succumbs to external pressure is not the right guy to coach. Secondly, there'd be a risk that the coach feels he can't be seen to be doing this so the risk is he goes against the grain as to not look likes he's being directed by the supporters.

We just have to hang tight and see what happens. I never thought I'd say this but I'm getting to the point of questioning whether I watch them play at the moment. It's not meant as a threat or protest, but if we keep losing games and Priddis isn't removed then I'll probably take some time out.

I can cope with losing as long as their is some hope that we will come good. If we're losing and doing the same thing (same midfield set up) then it will really piss me off.

Unfortunately this would do more harm tan good. Firstly, we can't have a coach or MRP who takes into consideration what supporters think. Any coach who succumbs to external pressure is not the right guy to coach. Secondly, there'd be a risk that the coach feels he can't be seen to be doing this so the risk is he goes against the grain as to not look likes he's being directed by the supporters.

We just have to hang tight and see what happens. I never thought I'd say this but I'm getting to the point of questioning whether I watch them play at the moment. It's not meant as a threat or protest, but if we keep losing games and Priddis isn't removed then I'll probably take some time out.

I can cope with losing as long as their is some hope that we will come good. If we're losing and doing the same thing (same midfield set up) then it will really piss me off.

It feels like Groundhog Day where anything different is good.

I have no doubt the media read BF regularly and most of the media know a large portion of supporter think Priddis is counter productive to the team set up.

Tony Shaw made pointed remarks about priddis last night and I can't help but feel he's either been reading our boards or has a whiff that Priddis is maligned. Keep in mind that as good a player as Shaw was in his day, he's just like Priddis and wouldn't get a game in today's footy.

I'm also curious as to how his peers voted him 47 in the players' top 50. He never gets tagged which tells me in team meetings the opposition are told that Priddis isn't the priority. All the players must be aware of his deficiencies. I am truly curious as to how that happened.

I'm also curious as to how his peers voted him 47 in the players' top 50. He never gets tagged which tells me in team meetings the opposition are told that Priddis isn't the priority. All the players must be aware of his deficiencies. I am truly curious as to how that happened.

A tagger matches up on the most dangerous mid, he doesn't get tagged, hence he is not our most dangerous mid.
Opposition clubs know he butchers his possessions so all you have to do is add a bit of pressure and he will turn it over, then burn him off on the spread.

I have no doubt the media read BF regularly and most of the media know a large portion of supporter think Priddis is counter productive to the team set up.

Tony Shaw made pointed remarks about priddis last night and I can't help but feel he's either been reading our boards or has a whiff that Priddis is maligned. Keep in mind that as good a player as Shaw was in his day, he's just like Priddis and wouldn't get a game in today's footy.

His peers voted him 47 because of his ability to get the ball. Even Simpson said anyone who gets the ball as much as Priddis gets it demands attention.
He never gets tagged because his possessions don't penetrate effectively. They just stand off him knowing he will turn it over.

Thats it there is so many anomalies with him. He gets same stats each game doing similar things and either gets max coaches votes or none. You think his consistency if he is performing the role that our coach is requiring he would get some most games. It suggests that some games the coach doesn't think he did his job well enough to get votes despite having mostly identical games.

The comment someone posted from Simpson earlier in the year where he was asked about Priddis and said "that they spent so much time planning to stop Priddis from getting the footy" to then watch a Hawks game from last year and see him ambling into stoppages by himself or his man not going in with him kind of makes a mockery of it. Did the well trained top team in the league just not listen to what they were meant to do? As if you planned to stop Priddis you would spend some time on him at stoppages. You end up not knowing what to make of the comments.

I was thinking about that the other day, and I thought that if he is 47th in the afl according to the players, then that means there's two complete lists of 22 ahead of him. Considering there's only 18 clubs in the comp, it means he doesn't register high enough to make it into the most important player demographic for two complete rounds of going through each team in the AFL, yet we build our midfield around him. If you went through the other top clubs, you would find their number one mid in the top 20 easily. Considering the game is one mainly by the midfield, it leaves us way behind the 8 ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone actually class Priddis as our number 1 mid?
afl.com.au have him best afield every week.
won the b+f last year
gets more of the footy than anyone else

for all the Priddis lovers claiming, "it's all cool if he is out #4 mid": you can't be "#4 mid" when you're getting that much ball. He plays the role of a #1 mid but has #6 mid talent.

afl.com.au have him best afield every week.
won the b+f last year
gets more of the footy than anyone else

for all the Priddis lovers claiming, "it's all cool if he is out #4 mid": you can't be "#4 mid" when you're getting that much ball. He plays the role of a #1 mid but has #6 mid talent.
Even still I would class Shuey as our number 1 mid. Hence why he gets tagged. He got the ball almost as much as Priddis, used it better, had more clearances etc
Everyone keeps going on about the B+F. Its just a consistency award. Scott Selwood won it the year before ffs.

I was thinking about that the other day, and I thought that if he is 47th in the afl according to the players, then that means there's two complete lists of 22 ahead of him. Considering there's only 18 clubs in the comp, it means he doesn't register high enough to make it into the most important player demographic for two complete rounds of going through each team in the AFL, yet we build our midfield around him. If you went through the other top clubs, you would find their number one mid in the top 20 easily. Considering the game is one mainly by the midfield, it leaves us way behind the 8 ball.
This has already been said, but 15 of the 18 teams have midfielders higher on the list than Priddis at 47(Many teams have more than one). Only the lowly teams- GWS(Ward), Melbourne(Jones) & Brisbane(Rockliff) do not have midfielders ranked on that list.

If you look at it that way, Priddis being ranked at 47 and around the twenty-something best midfielder on that list is not high, in fact it is pretty dam low.

Also due to the nature of how these rating lists gets voted on (players probably only told to rank who they think are the top 50 players), there are going to be some pretty damn good players that will be forgotten about and hence get ranked(wrongfully) lower than Priddis.

I mean, how many AFL players would actually sit down and and give serious thought on where they would rank 50 players(or perhaps more), particularly beyond the first 20? I would just like to think they would just chuck in Priddis' name around the 40-50 mark because he is often regarded as our top midfielder and thus gets remembered more than Shuey for instance.

This has already been said, but 15 of the 18 teams have midfielders higher on the list than Priddis at 47(Many teams have more than one). Only the lowly teams- GWS(Ward), Melbourne(Jones) & Brisbane(Rockliff) do not have midfielders ranked on that list.

If you look at it that way, Priddis being ranked at 47 and around the twenty-something best midfielder on that list is not high, in fact it is pretty dam low.

Also due to the nature of how these rating lists gets voted on (players probably only told to rank who they think are the top 50 players), there are going to be some pretty damn good players that will be forgotten about and hence get ranked(wrongfully) lower than Priddis.

I mean, how many AFL players would actually sit down and and give serious thought on where they would rank 50 players(or perhaps more), particularly beyond the first 20? I would just like to think they would just chuck in Priddis' name around the 40-50 mark because he is often regarded as our top midfielder and thus gets remembered more than Shuey for instance.

Yep. It's a sad indictment on our midfield these days. It's concerning how we went from having one of the best midfields in history to one of the most mediocre in the league, yet we keep having great ruck stocks.

Give me one of those players over Priddis and we would have a decent midfield group. Not elite, but dedent that could keep up with other mids.

Actually, don't the club read all the facebook comments on their posts?

Isn't that how they found out about everyones love for returning the wings?

I don't mind putting the acid on priddis in some of the comments. It's amazing how many people have noticed how much of a liability he is these days. I myself, always noticed his flaws the last few seasons, and dealt with it. But in 2014 I literally cannot see anything else in his game. It's a curse. Every single time he gets a touch I think "oh here we go..."

I think you have to sit back and say who would come into the team to do a better job. McGinnity? Colledge? Butler? Smith? I dont think so. Until others step up to push him out he will stay. Even Worsfold said that last year. I said it before I think he will be phased out towards the end of the year or next year. He's not exactly a spring chicken anymore.

Give me one of those players over Priddis and we would have a decent midfield group. Not elite, but dedent that could keep up with other mids.
Yep, which proves my point that the AFL players list shouldn't really be taken all that seriously. Certainly not as an authoritative source for player rankings.

Wow! Great insight mate. Initially when I heard he'd been rated 47th best player in the league I thought it indicated he might be pretty good. But you've clearly explained why it's not good to be 47th best player in the league.

Cheers mate, Ploddus is a hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back