How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys?? What's wrong?
Was going to suggest you all come over to my place on Wednesday night and burn an effigy of Ploddus and watch a vid of his worst clangers. How about it?

p.s. Please give me some more 'likes'

There is a new vid out each week, I don't need to watch replays

Anyone who thinks Priddis should be dropped, ask a former player and see what they think.

Better yet, call Sports Today tomorrow night and I guarantee you that they'll confirm Priddis is an inside mid, and does his job quite well.

Looking for players to drop? Look at Gaff and Masten. In their fourth and seventh year respectively and DO NOT hurt sides with their constant 30 touches.

The difference between the top four and us?

Top four sides have premium on-ballers who use the ball smartly and hurt sides with their possessions.

We simply don't have an A grader.

And Wellingham hasn't been the winger we would've hoped for.

Glassy is quite pissed off with his effort, he was one of a few players who took a pay cut to get him at the club.

I'm a former player.

I've been calling for Priddis to be moved aside for years to enable us to build a midfield that can win something...

It's still a decent call.

Sometimes you need to take a step backwards to move forwards.

:(
Subtlety and intelligence usually goes hand in hand, ergo...

Hey sorry champ, I'm pretty new to this, and maybe I'm a bit too enthusiastic. I guess it's just cos I've finally found a group of like-minded Eagles fans who feel the way I do.

You're obviously really intelligent mate, please don't cut me off

Anyone who thinks Priddis should be dropped, ask a former player and see what they think.

Better yet, call Sports Today tomorrow night and I guarantee you that they'll confirm Priddis is an inside mid, and does his job quite well.

Looking for players to drop? Look at Gaff and Masten. In their fourth and seventh year respectively and DO NOT hurt sides with their constant 30 touches.

Top four sides have premium on-ballers who use the ball smartly and hurt sides with their possessions.

Glassy is quite pissed off with his effort, he was one of a few players who took a pay cut to get him at the club.

I totally agree that he is an inside mid, I don't think anyone here would disagree. He just isn't the elite inside mid to take us to a flag.

The troll returns ...

Still waiting for you to address that "horseshit" post...

Unless you are actually just a troll?

Which would be kinda sad for a 60+ year old ...

Not a troll.
Just a defender of unjustified attacks on players in the team I support.
Some plain nasty and vicious
So I 'm not 12 any more. I have aged to 60+

Not a troll.

What a load of crap, no-one here has attacked his personality, family or gorgeous hair. We have every right to question his performance and how that effects the team that I also support and I think he is hurting us.

Not a troll.

You post like you're 12. Your profile says you're 61...

That aside, it was you who called a decent post horseshit. The post was not an unjustified attack but rather a considered opinion.

Why won't you address what about said post was "horseshit"?

Be a grown up pops

Come on guys?? What's wrong?
Was going to suggest you all come over to my place on Wednesday night and burn an effigy of Ploddus and watch a vid of his worst clangers. How about it?

p.s. Please give me some more 'likes'
I am sure the mod is tracking your IP right now to delete both your accounts. lol

Gaff and Mastin hit targets Their DE is ok. They are not inside mids and are mostly played either HFF or HBF or Wing.
Priddis is at every contest as our number 1 mid and his disposal is shocking.

That's what the issue is. Nothing personal. Just his football skills are s**t. They never used to be, they have become s**t for inexplicable reasons...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a troll.

There have been no personal attacks on Priddis. I am sure he is a greta bloke and good friend to have etc etc.
His football skills are on the other hand what we are questioning.

I am sure the mod is tracking your IP right now to delete both your accounts. lol

Thanks for the heads-up Smotie!

And thanks for the 'likes' you gave me before you realised I was just lampooning you, you nuffie!!!

Nothing wrong with a bit of satire is there?!?

Thought experiment: Think of the midfield that won us and other teams a flag in the last say 7 years (back to 2007). Now name and rate the main inside mid(s) of said teams, compare and contrast to Eagles main inside mid(s) 2014.

That list would include Kerr, Cousins, Matera, Mainwaring, Rowan Jones.

Jones was great with his disposal under pressure. Would regularly be getting hammered and feeding out to Judd & co.

Thanks for the heads-up Smotie!

And thanks for the 'likes' you gave me before you realised I was just lampooning you, you nuffie!!!

Nothing wrong with a bit of satire is there?!?

Ahh finally admits to being a troll. Delete account.

That list would include Kerr, Cousins, Matera, Mainwaring, Rowan Jones.

Jones was great with his disposal under pressure. Would regularly be getting hammered and feeding out to Judd & co.
And there's the conundrum.....

Ebert got shifted aside (played out of position) for the Golden Boy, Priddis.

Heck, even Kerr got shifted out of the No.1 midfield role to accommodate Priddis. There were years of uproars in these threads about it. I'd go so far to say that even if we landed a Judd next year, even a Judd would get played out of position, to fit Priddis into his favoured position.

We draft Wellingham, whom had great success as an on-baller when Ball was injured, and the first thing our Coach (Woosha) said at the time was that we were hoping to turn him into a tagger.

Now we are talking about having Wellingham as a Half Forward Flanker.

Unfrickenbelievable:thumbsdown:

I am one of those with spite. Top bloke, tries 100% every week, no issue there. So F***** what? I don't wish injury on anyone, but with Priddis, I kind of half hope his does his knee, so the Match Committee doesn't have to make a decision on the Plonker, that they clearly don't have the balls to make.

I am one of those with spite. Top bloke, tries 100% every week, no issue there. So F***** what? I don't wish injury on anyone, but with Priddis, I kind of half hope his does his knee, so the Match Committee doesn't have to make a decision on the Plonker, that they clearly don't have the balls to make.

Yeah that's pretty poor.

You post like you're 12. Your profile says you're 61...

That aside, it was you who called a decent post horseshit. The post was not an unjustified attack but rather a considered opinion.

Why won't you address what about said post was "horseshit"?

Be a grown up pops

Most of what iI read on this thread is Horseshit.
The post you are talking about refered to WCE being poor list management in not trading Priddis 4 years ago when he reached his ceiling .
How silly is that. It is horseshit.
Let's get rid of Kennedy .reached his ceiling and will never be as good as Riewolt.
The dockers had this approach for years and look where it got them.
Traded out players who became AA.
They finally took a leaf out of WCE book .
The Eagles gave players every chance,developed their list and created a place players wanted to be.
Does wonders for your club.
I don' t for a moment think that Priddis is a superstar but he does do his job and makes the club a better place.
His attitude is second to none. Our midfield is not great but it is improving.
It did't help that we visited the bottom of the ladder during the compromised drafts either.
We probably would have had a couple more developing midfielders if GC and GWS didn't grab most of the young midfield over the last four years.
If you played any football you will know it's all about the team.
The midfield is a team in itself and needs all to contribute.
To say Priddis is getting someone else's possessions is just plain silly.
Swan and beams still get plenty of the ball even with Pendlebury in the team.
I said before that our other midfielders had to impose themselves on the game more.
The fact that they don't always do this is not through lack of opportunity.
It is the lack of what Priddis has in spades : Attitude.

The post you are talking about refered to WCE being poor list management in not trading Priddis 4 years ago when he reached his ceiling .
Let's get rid of Kennedy .reached his ceiling and will never be as good as Riewolt.
The Eagles gave players every chance,developed their list and created a place players wanted to be.
I don' t for a moment think that Priddis is a superstar but he does do his job and makes the club a better place.
It did't help that we visited the bottom of the ladder during the compromised drafts either.
We probably would have had a couple more developing midfielders if GC and GWS didn't grab most of the young midfield over the last four years.
I said before that our other midfielders had to impose themselves on the game more.

Yeah you can't just jump on here and start calling most of what you read on here horseshit. It's pretty insulting.
For a start there are a lot of people with intelligence and football experience that post here and you need to discuss topics not just start throwing out horseshit lines and making fake accounts to troll.
Maybe you should go join the Bay 13 discussions

And there's the conundrum.....

Ebert got shifted aside (played out of position) for the Golden Boy, Priddis.

Heck, even Kerr got shifted out of the No.1 midfield role to accommodate Priddis. There were years of uproars in these threads about it. I'd go so far to say that even if we landed a Judd next year, even a Judd would get played out of position, to fit Priddis into his favoured position.

We draft Wellingham, whom had great success as an on-baller when Ball was injured, and the first thing our Coach (Woosha) said at the time was that we were hoping to turn him into a tagger.

Now we are talking about having Wellingham as a Half Forward Flanker.

Unfrickenbelievable:thumbsdown:

Great post in bold. Shoulda stopped there lol but we know what you mean.

Priddis has a great attitude, but what do you think of his ability to get the ball to a team mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back