How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's the conundrum.....

Ebert got shifted aside (played out of position) for the Golden Boy, Priddis.

Heck, even Kerr got shifted out of the No.1 midfield role to accommodate Priddis. There were years of uproars in these threads about it. I'd go so far to say that even if we landed a Judd next year, even a Judd would get played out of position, to fit Priddis into his favoured position.

We draft Wellingham, whom had great success as an on-baller when Ball was injured, and the first thing our Coach (Woosha) said at the time was that we were hoping to turn him into a tagger.

Now we are talking about having Wellingham as a Half Forward Flanker.

Unfrickenbelievable:thumbsdown:

I am one of those with spite. Top bloke, tries 100% every week, no issue there. So F***** what? I don't wish injury on anyone, but with Priddis, I kind of half hope his does his knee, so the Match Committee doesn't have to make a decision on the Plonker, that they clearly don't have the balls to make.
You seriously think priddis was the player stopping ebert in 2011 playing ' His role' in the midfield ?

Priddis 2011 season was elite and a massive reason for us going wooden spoon to 4th. Ebert has still not had a season as good as priddis's 2011 !
Selwood shuey and gaff were played ahead of him not priddis
So during 2011 or after the season had finished you expect the match committee to go ' I know priddis has been elite and a massive reason for our resurgence BUT let's drop him for ebert who has not proved anything !

Half hope priddis does his knee ! What kind of supporter are you wishing injury on our players ! We don't need supporters like you ! * off a go support collingwood you would fit right in with there with their flog supporters

Yeah you can't just jump on here and start calling most of what you read on here horseshit. It's pretty insulting.
For a start there are a lot of people with intelligence and football experience that post here and you need to discuss topics not just start throwing out horseshit lines and making fake accounts to troll.
Maybe you should go join the Bay 13 discussions

I don't need to troll.
I will say it as I see it.

His kicking is not the best in the team. But passable.
His hands are very good.

Not the best? Who is worse at hitting a teammate in space on our team.
It really isn't passable at all. You are downplaying it like having decent hands makes up for the fact he can't kick. The days of having a Jason "Jack" Daniels on your team are gone.
How about you be honest instead of hiding behind "not the best in the team" like you are admitting some revelation.

Not the best? Who is worse at hitting a teammate in space on our team.
It really isn't passable at all. You are downplaying it like having decent hands makes up for the fact he can't kick. The days of having a Jason "Jack" Daniels on your team are gone.
How about you be honest instead of hiding behind "not the best in the team" like you are admitting some revelation.

Maybe you have to look at where he gets his possessions and in what circumstances.
He is an in and under mid.
He gets the majority of his possessions under pressure.
His return in these conditions in OK.
His DE for instance is not ever going to be as good as an outside receiver.
A lot of Priddis's kicks are over the shoulder after winning a hard ball in close.
You see this type of kicking in all teams.
In space he is quite a good kick over 30 to 40 metres.
It's his handball that is very good.
Quick and often through the pack.
Some of his goal assists with handball last season were fantastic.

His kicking is not the best in the team. But passable.
His hands are very good.

Earlier in the topic I posted a run down of his game against Geelong in which he hit 1 target by hand after half time. That target was under pressure and tackled immediately.

His disposal efficiency is around 50% this year which is disgraceful for any midfield player, in fact ANY player.

Maybe you have to look at where he gets his possessions and in what circumstances.
A lot of Priddis's kicks are over the shoulder after winning a hard ball in close.

Please don't bring the contested in, that is not my gripe. The only problem I have with his bombs from clearances is he is relatively small kick so when he thinks he is slamming it on the boot it is an up and under most of the time and doesn't get good distance on it.

But the problem is in space he struggles. IMO he is not a good kick over 30-40, he is not a good kick period.

Earlier in the topic I posted a run down of his game against Geelong in which he hit 1 target by hand after half time. That target was under pressure and tackled immediately.

His disposal efficiency is around 50% this year which is disgraceful for any midfield player, in fact ANY player.
Gaff had 50% DI vs port and he is an uncontested outside mid ! Do you think we should make another thread about it or just drop him ;)

There once was a man named Matt Priddis,
And a bunch of supporters they hoped he was finished.
But under the new coach he stayed,
In the same position was he played,
Which made several supporters act just like this:

bradscottforkme_zps8d0b7944.gif

Gaff had 50% DI vs port and he is an uncontested outside mid ! Do you think we should make another thread about it or just drop him ;)

Gaff is a young player in his fourth year? Priddis on the other hand has been playing since 2007. His disposal has gone from average to appalling. Add that to his other weaknesses and it is clear he either needs to be removed from the team.

Get Yeo or Sheed in there or Wellingham. Someone who isn't one dimensional.

Dosn't rhyme Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will agree that we were very under maned against Geelong.
Priddis was lucky he could still walk after half time.
I said before that I do not place much faith in statistics.
Especially DE in witch there are so many variables.
I admit he is not a fantastic kick but despite his limitations he is an effective footballer who plays for the team and the coaching staff.
He is held in high regard by the team and coaching staff.
Some posters seem to think that he Robs possessions from our other midfielders.
This couldn't be further from the truth.

Most of what iI read on this thread is Horseshit.
The post you are talking about refered to WCE being poor list management in not trading Priddis 4 years ago when he reached his ceiling .
How silly is that. It is horseshit.

I think what the poster was actually saying, quite clearly, is that at that point Priddis had currency and it was obvious that his ceiling wasn't what we needed it to be given we were in rebuilding mode.

Tracker 101 said:
Let's get rid of Kennedy .reached his ceiling and will never be as good as Riewolt.
The dockers had this approach for years and look where it got them.

Traded out players who became AA.

We traded out Judd and Ebert because they didn't want to be here.

We did that by creating a poisonous culture and by not properly developing a guy described as elite during yesterday's broadcast ...

On your Kennedy point, he's not halting the development of any of the kids we've drafted to improve an area of weakness. He's also very good.

If he was a 27 year old Ash Hansen on a rebuilding side then we probably need to move him aside once we've drafted someone with more upside.

Under Woosh (applying the Priddis approach) we would have drafted said gun kid and forced him to play half back flank, then given him 5 minute bursts at CHF and forced him to push "Hansen" out ....

Tracker 101 said:
They finally took a leaf out of WCE book .
The Eagles gave players every chance,developed their list and created a place players wanted to be.
Does wonders for your club.

Yes dad. God you speak like a proper dickhead at times.

The Eagles have been the sort of ruthless club that traded Downsbprough against his wishes to get Gardiner. Gehrig couldn't wait to leave.

We've had our issues but our rebuild of the midfield since 2007 has been dire. Given the plethora of top 25 picks it's been horrible. Whether that's drafting or development is of course debateable. But both Ebert & Stevens are much better players now than when we had them, although with Ebert that was foreseeable.

Tracker 101 said:
I don' t for a moment think that Priddis is a superstar but he does do his job and makes the club a better place.

His attitude is second to none. Our midfield is not great but it is improving.

Horseshit. Our midfield is below par for a side with finals aspirations and Sheed aside our mids are all more experienced than Judd & Kerr were in 2005/2006.

Our midfield was last good in 2011 and bits of 2012 when NN emerged and when Kerr & Embley had blinders ...

The loss of Kerr and the demise of Embers robbed of us our 2 mids with elite ability.

What's Priddis' job in your opinion? I mean the boot studder makes the club a better place and he does his job :)

Priddis plays as an offensive mid for 90% of his game time and contributes in no other position anywhere on the ground. As an offensive mid with that amount of game time he's playing the role of a Pendlebury or Swan or closer to home Mundy or Fyfe....

How's he going in that role?

Tracker 101 said:
It did't help that we visited the bottom of the ladder during the compromised drafts either.
We probably would have had a couple more developing midfielders if GC and GWS didn't grab most of the young midfield over the last four years.

Maybe. Although we've had more top 30 picks than pretty much anyone in the last 7 years and we've drafted tons of mids and developed not one A grader .... Others have done better with less.

Tracker 101 said:
If you played any football you will know it's all about the team.
The midfield is a team in itself and needs all to contribute.
To say Priddis is getting someone else's possessions is just plain silly.
Swan and beams still get plenty of the ball even with Pendlebury in the team.
I said before that our other midfielders had to impose themselves on the game more.
The fact that they don't always do this is not through lack of opportunity.
It is the lack of what Priddis has in spades : Attitude.

FFS are you really this dim.

If one replaced Pendles with Priddis the Pies midfield would turn to s**t. Priddis would get just as many possessions.

He makes no one around him better. He never has. He has no flow, no speed, no creativity. He has poor skills. His handball is at best solid, with zero vision, creativity or flair.

And we've drafted inside players and given them cameos and they've needed to play in ways that are complimentary to Matt. We've forced guys like Masten to be outside or half forwards, the same with Wellingham. Shuey is only now becoming the inside player we need him to be and that's because the new coach is changing roles. Accordingly Matts clearance numbers have been dropping off a cliff ... But why not do that 4 years ago and develop better more rounded players.

30 possessions from a Pendles or a Shuey or an Ebert are better than 35 from Matt. He's the sort of guy you use as a back up or as a bench player to spell guns. Instead because of the demise of our mids, his age snd Kerrs lack of durability he became the staple in a truly shite side. We built our mid setups around him. We made all the young draftees fit in around him and we even had Kerr shifted to a more outside role when, at his age, he should have been inside but Matt was there and that's all he can do ... sooo

But this has all been said before. And you could read it in great detail of you were interested.

But you're just a bombastic old campaigner who reckons he knows it all, when clearly he doesn't.

But thanks for trying to respond. I'm sure it was hard getting those old brain cogs going ...

There once was a mid
Who was known as Prid
He only had one aim
To win every game
By winning many many a possession
But all this did was
Send Big Footy into a state of depression

I think what the poster was actually saying, quite clearly, is that at that point Priddis had currency and it was obvious that his ceiling wasn't what we needed it to be given we were in rebuilding mode.

We did that by creating a poisonous culture and by not properly developing a guy described as elite during yesterday's broadcast ...

On your Kennedy point, he's not halting the development of any of the kids we've drafted to improve an area of weakness. He's also very good.

If he was a 27 year old Ash Hansen on a rebuilding side then we probably need to move him aside once we've drafted someone with more upside.

Under Woosh (applying the Priddis approach) we would have drafted said gun kid and forced him to play half back flank, then given him 5 minute bursts at CHF and forced him to push "Hansen" out ....

The Eagles have been the sort of ruthless club that traded Downsbprough against his wishes to get Gardiner. Gehrig couldn't wait to leave.

We've had our issues but our rebuild of the midfield since 2007 has been dire. Given the plethora of top 25 picks it's been horrible. Whether that's drafting or development is of course debateable. But both Ebert & Stevens are much better players now than when we had them, although with Ebert that was foreseeable.

Horseshit. Our midfield is below par for a side with finals aspirations and Sheed aside our mids are all more experienced than Judd & Kerr were in 2005/2006.

Our midfield was last good in 2011 and bits of 2012 when NN emerged and when Kerr & Embley had blinders ...

The loss of Kerr and the demise of Embers robbed of us our 2 mids with elite ability.

What's Priddis' job in your opinion? I mean the boot studder makes the club a better place and he does his job :)

Priddis plays as an offensive mid for 90% of his game time and contributes in no other position anywhere on the ground. As an offensive mid with that amount of game time he's playing the role of a Pendlebury or Swan or closer to home Mundy or Fyfe....

Maybe. Although we've had more top 30 picks than pretty much anyone in the last 7 years and we've drafted tons of mids and developed not one A grader .... Others have done better with less.

If one replaced Pendles with Priddis the Pies midfield would turn to s**t. Priddis would get just as many possessions.

He makes no one around him better. He never has. He has no flow, no speed, no creativity. He has poor skills. His handball is at best solid, with zero vision, creativity or flair.

And we've drafted inside players and given them cameos and they've needed to play in ways that are complimentary to Matt. We've forced guys like Masten to be outside or half forwards, the same with Wellingham. Shuey is only now becoming the inside player we need him to be and that's because the new coach is changing roles. Accordingly Matts clearance numbers have been dropping off a cliff ... But why not do that 4 years ago and develop better more rounded players.

30 possessions from a Pendles or a Shuey or an Ebert are better than 35 from Matt. He's the sort of guy you use as a back up or as a bench player to spell guns. Instead because of the demise of our mids, his age snd Kerrs lack of durability he became the staple in a truly shite side. We built our mid setups around him. We made all the young draftees fit in around him and we even had Kerr shifted to a more outside role when, at his age, he should have been inside but Matt was there and that's all he can do ... sooo

But this has all been said before. And you could read it in great detail of you were interested.

But you're just a bombastic old **** who reckons he knows it all, when clearly he doesn't.

But thanks for trying to respond. I'm sure it was hard getting those old brain cogs going ...

Outstanding post. The only thing I could add to that is our game plan even revolves around Ploddus. We play a congested brand of football, 18+ players around stoppages to prevent the opposition running clear because we have slow Priddis leading the way. It really is affecting our entire game play in a bad way.

But you're just a bombastic old **** who reckons he knows it all, when clearly he doesn't.

You disagree with everything I said.
I disagree with most of what you say.
I guess we will just watch with interest with what happens.
I find it pretty poor that you have no respect for the club, Priddis , the previous coach and older people.
I suspect that you have had your fights with authority over your time.
The rebel in you comes out in your posts
Do you actually follow the WCE.
No hard feelings
Cheers

Over the first 5 games Matt's Disposal Efficiency (DE) is averaging 54%. In fact 25 team mates have a better DE than MP, But the real telling stat is 20 of our players have achieved 75% DE.
Priddis has not come close, his best was 63% against Port. He doesn't seem to have the required skill for the new game. Under the previous coach getting it and kicking it long into the forward line was where a 50% DE could be covered, even concealed, but under the possession game and the skill requirements our new coach is targeting for the team he is in a difficult spot. His skill level has to rise, and rise rapidly, or he wont see 2015.

So far Priddis is in the bottom 5 of DE for all West Coast players used this season. His ranking puts him in the company of the newest players in the team, who are still getting used to the pace of AFL.

I would insist that our team needs to average greater than 75% DE. grabbing a ball and throwing it onto the boot without looking where it is going is necessary sometimes, but over the longer term it can only ever be a 50/50 outcome. We need better than that. I would expect the coaching staff are working on his handball efficiency and reducing his numbber of kicks.Hawthorn often averages 79% DE.
We have 6 players averaging over 80% DE. ALL defenders, includingg our new pickups the X man and the Y man.

Outstanding post. The only thing I could add to that is our game plan even revolves around Ploddus. We play a congested brand of football, 18+ players around stoppages to prevent the opposition running clear because we have slow Priddis leading the way. It really is affecting our entire game play in a bad way.

Are you for real?

We should not be comparing priddis with Pendles ! Priddis is like collingwoods Luke ball . We need equivalent players around him like Pendles swan beams and sidebottom but we have shuey selwood gaff Wellingham , masten . No comparison . Our outside players lack inside games and our inside players lack polish apart for shuey . Our midfield as a group need to improve or overhauled !

We should not be comparing priddis with Pendles ! Priddis is like collingwoods Luke ball . We need equivalent players around him like Pendles swan beams and sidebottom but we have shuey selwood gaff Wellingham , masten . No comparison . Our outside players lack inside games and our inside players lack polish apart for shuey . Our midfield as a group need to improve or overhauled !
Yes. This

You disagree with everything I said.
I disagree with most of what you say.
I guess we will just watch with interest with what happens.
I find it pretty poor that you have no respect for the club, Priddis , the previous coach and older people.
I suspect that you have had your fights with authority over your time.
The rebel in you comes out in your posts
Do you actually follow the WCE.
No hard feelings
Cheers

Lol ....

Yes Dad.

I'm prepared to provide logically consistent reasons for my positions. You should try.

How you determine that I have no respect for club, Matt, Woosh and older folk is beyond me.

Are you one of those who reckons that true supporters never question, never doubt?

"Fights with authority" - WTF?

Mate question things, it's the beginning of knowledge. And your inability to grasp that questioning/discussing doesn't equal a lack support further suggests that perhaps you're a bit ignorant.

Blind support is much appreciated by cult leaders, religions and fascists though - so perhaps like Matt even you can find a role somewhere. :)

Ahhh, the old Ball comparison. This is a bit like bringing up Hitler when discussing Matt.

The thing is Ball is complimentary and plays a role. He takes the leftovers, does some dirty work, contributes in other areas and is a vastly superior ball user to Matt. He doesn't need 80% game time in the middle in an entirely offensive capacity.

No doubt we need better mids. But Shuey has been on the list 6 years and has been forced to play as an outside player because Matt can't (and Kerr was also there for a while). This year he's more inside and that's where he might have been for 4 years if not for Matt.

Matts lack of versatility has meant he plays one spot. Everyone else adjusts around him. The complete opposite of Ball.

Hence the Pendles comparison.

I find it humorous that those who defend Matts role the strongest are incapable of understanding his role and how it impacts the team. Or they are like Rids and work for Champion Data, so they have to talk him up to make their stats seem valid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back