Health How often do you do drugs?

How often do you use recreational drugs?

• Regular user - dependent/addicted

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Regular recreational user

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • Only on certain social occasions /events

Votes: 59 30.3%
  • Never use

Votes: 96 49.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
How often do you do drugs?

And what drugs do you use?

Why do you do them?

1. Rarely. Under 10 times a year.

2. Pot. Never tried anything else.

3. Tried it once and had a good time. It's not for everyone though. I don't understand how some people get high every single day.

Weed is the only drug for me. No real interest in anything else, just a relaxing smoke. In saying that don't think ive had one since Chistmas day. But before that it was a weekly thing.

I drink booze maybe 3 - 4 times a week (managed 3 months booze free Aug - Oct last year)

If I have marijuana at home, I'll smoke it every night - But thankfully if I don't have any I never really stress about it - i got some last week so have smoked all week, but before that I had run out just after new years, so it was basically a month without it at that stage...

I drink coffee almost every day

I'll take MDMA/pills/acid/mushrooms/methamphetamines if they come up, but I've never really gone out of my way to get them, just if someone's got them at a party I'll jump on it

Have never smoked a cigarette (tobacco)

Only done weed and coke. Only did coke coz I was in S. America and when in Rome right? Plus at 15 bucks a gram of the purest it;s too cheap not to do. Don't mind a joint every now and then in social gatherings. Beats getting drunk any day. Anyone else wondering who the addict is?

I've smoked five or six spliffs a day for over twenty years now. Tried other drugs, they didn't really take, I smoke more than I drink now.

Do you think of yourself as having a dependency on drugs/alcohol?

. Anyone else wondering who the addict is?
I think we need to separate pot from drugs/narcotics?

How many here do prescription drugs? How many realize most are a big con? That people are murdered, arrested and alienated as result of prescription drug fraud and harm. How many know that you are more likely to die from a prescription drug than any other. How many know that most incidents of psych patients going crazy and harming others (very rare) are prescription drug related?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many here do prescription drugs?

Worked at a medical clinic for years - One of the doctors said it's amazing how many middle class people with well paying jobs refused to believe or entertain the idea that they had drug addictions (Stilnox / Valium / etc) - Drug addicts to them were the stereotype junkie... They weren't like that...

My cosmonaut days are probably done, but if something is floating around I'll most likely get involved.

I wanna move overseas later this year so maybe when I hit the backpacker trail I'll still have one more multiple month bender in me.

It's the booze I need to cut back on. My aim for the footy season is to have one weekend completely of the piss a month, and one other quiet weekend a month (say no more than six drinks in one night).

Worked at a medical clinic for years - One of the doctors said it's amazing how many middle class people with well paying jobs refused to believe or entertain the idea that they had drug addictions (Stilnox / Valium / etc) - Drug addicts to them were the stereotype junkie... They weren't like that...

Most weeks in the paper is a story of a normal person with a good family and job committing a crime (or suicide) deemed out of character. When you go threw most of those stories you find only 1 common demonitator. A prescription drug know to be addictive.

I have to admit to having a very cynical, tunnel vision view on drug use, and I could benefit from having some other perspectives on it.

I’ve never used drugs. Tried weed a few times and that’s it. I just feel I don’t need to do them. I can have a great time in social situations and get through the stressors of daily life without having to ever resort to them.

I cynically view regular drug users as being mentally weak. They need to resort to using it because they don’t have the self-esteem and confidence to get enjoyment from things without having something to kick things along. It just seems like a sad, pathetic thing to do. To me, it’s a mental health issue and community resolution to drug problems should be about this.

Last edited:
I don't think it's anything to do with being mentally weak or tough.

For me it's an experience. Simply put, you can't recreate the feelings that MDMA, LSD or DMT bring on. It's not about getting enjoyment out of things without these, because taking these substances often creates an entirely new experience.

Obviously there are plenty of times I have used something as nothing more than on a night out and getting a bit mashed up, but each to their own.

On 2nd viewing of the options, the 2nd one probably describes my situation a bit better than the first...... but maybe I'm in denial? I mean, I smoke the stuff every day if it's around...

I suppose you'd be addict if you couldn't function without it. So maybe ask yourself how different everyday life would be without a spliff everyday?

I don't think we do at all. It's clear to pretty much everyone that when asked "do you do drugs?" party/recreational drugs is what is meant. The only drug that is separated from this is alcohol. If we wanted to talk about prescription drugs then that would have been specified in the op.

Never touched em. They * you up. Apart from Alcohol and coffee obviously. Drink maybe twice a month (but I get hammered) although haven't had coffee for about a year. Never smoked anything apart from Shisha (maybe once or twice). Doesn't appeal

Back