Health How often do you do drugs?

How often do you use recreational drugs?

• Regular user - dependent/addicted

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Regular recreational user

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • Only on certain social occasions /events

Votes: 59 30.3%
  • Never use

Votes: 96 49.2%

• Total voters
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
How'd you know he was undercover?
Just the really clumsy straight out way he just approached and didn't even ask for anything particular with "Is there anyway we can get what you are having?" also looked dead sober and any regular person would at least try to strike up a bit of a conversation in a pub/bar first especially in a place like Kalgoorlie. I just replied I don't know what you are talking about.. A friend and myself had taken a couple of Es earlier and I usually looked affected by them pretty easily.

Should have just messed with him and said something like sure just meet us latter at 2am in some dodgy alleyway in Boulder.

GETTUCKED

Debutant
Apr 30, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Love my weed smoke everyday (after work). MDMA, LSD and Shrooms were easily the best when i was in my 20's, MD if clubbing or at a big house party. LSD or shrooms when in smaller groups. Speed is a poor mans coke imo and other than allowing you to drink and stay awake longer than you would normally, it never really did a lot for me. Difference is a speed bump lasts longer but has a come down compared to coke that doesnt seem to last as long and you dont get the come down. Also easy to fall asleep on.

Then there is Ice which i must say i have had big nights on about a dozen times. Easily the most pointless drug i have ever had. Never really felt a big buzz or kick of energy just a bit anxious and edgy. I get the feeling that my friends who are now pretty heavily in to this s**t are just trying to capture the buzz they got from the early MDMA days and all along that is what they have been chasing.

Throughout the early 2000's pure MDMA became harder and harder to find in pills (well for my social circles in melb anyway). So everyone starting getting in to speed more as no one could get that MDMA rush and a lot of the pills you would get would be speed based anyway so why not just get speed. Then everyone decided to get on to the smokeable speed to cut costs. This is the now where Ice has come in as the smokeable form of speed is now too hard to find. Add to this the users not understanding the differences in the drugs they are taking (or what happens once you start heating it up) and bang you are soon dependent on a drug like Ice.

Note: I am in no way saying this is how everyone has got on Ice, just my observation but clearly saturating the market with the stuff and the supply of other drugs decreasing is a major reason.

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven't touched any drug apart from prescription and over the counter medicine when its required as well as caffeine, but even then I don't drink coke or any other variants of it nor coffee. I don't drink alcohol. I think the strongest drug I've ever had was panadeine forte which says a lot about me. However I will say that if others choose to take recreational drugs then Im not one to put them down or look down on them, as long as it doesn't affect me. People have free will and no one should take that right away from them as long as their actions don't have consequences for others :)

May 18, 2014
stuck in the simulacrum
AFL Club
Geelong
I haven't touched any drug apart from prescription and over the counter medicine when its required as well as caffeine, but even then I don't drink coke or any other variants of it nor coffee. I don't drink alcohol. I think the strongest drug I've ever had was panadeine forte which says a lot about me. However I will say that if others choose to take recreational drugs then Im not one to put them down or look down on them, as long as it doesn't affect me. People have free will and no one should take that right away from them as long as their actions don't have consequences for others :)

I like the way you consider over the counter drugs as medicine.

Might want to research that one.

Cheers.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
I just hope there's no 14, 15 or 16 year olds reading this thread thinking " wow..look at all these people who take all these drugs and still have jobs and get on with things... I could be one of those people when I leave school and earn money".

GETTUCKED

Debutant
Apr 30, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just hope there's no 14, 15 or 16 year olds reading this thread thinking " wow..look at all these people who take all these drugs and still have jobs and get on with things... I could be one of those people when I leave school and earn money".

I just hope there are no 14, 15, 16 year olds living with parents who smash beer and scotch like its going out of fashion thinking " wow look at my parents smashing alchol and still have jobs and get on with things blah blah"

I understand where your coming from but surely better education and understanding of ALL drugs is what is needed. Because currently telling kids dont do drugs they will ruin your lives or kill you isnt doing much. As soon as they try it like a rather large percentage of people do the story they have been told is simply not true. They then believe that they are just being told lies and there is nothing wrong or risky with All drugs which isnt necessarily the case. Proper education, stopping the bullshit propaganda, regulated "clean" drugs and a change of mindset in society towards what we know as illicit drugs compared to drugs that are currently legal is the only way forward imo.

I just hope there are no 14, 15, 16 year olds living with parents who smash beer and scotch like its going out of fashion thinking " wow look at my parents smashing alchol and still have jobs and get on with things blah blah"

I never said I had a great job ;)

Seriously though, don't use my post as some sort of moral high ground thing. Was a lot of embelishment in reponse to the 'live a little' comment. I enjoy both beer and scotch but while I have a heavy night now and then I am your typical family man (12yo, 5yo kids) who might have a beer or two after work and even then that's not an every night thing.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
This whole prescription drug taking thing has got me baffled too. Maybe because I've never taking anything stronger than a panadene forte I don't realise how spaced out one can get from these things.

On the other hand my Mrs has worked in pharmacy for years and has told me how massive numbers of people from all walks of life and different age groups take pain killers and other stuff all the time without really needed them.

It's too easy to get a doctors prescription apparently.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Then there is Ice which i must say i have had big nights on about a dozen times. Easily the most pointless drug i have ever had. Never really felt a big buzz or kick of energy just a bit anxious and edgy. I get the feeling that my friends who are now pretty heavily in to this s**t are just trying to capture the buzz they got from the early MDMA days and all along that is what they have been chasing.
If you manage to get really good fairly pure stuff and shoot it, not so much a boost of energy or something but it does give a pretty intense 'rush' in a weird way, not a boost of energy but almost in a calm way if that somehow makes any sense. Pretty awesome sensation and I get why they do it but it's just no worth having to come down 24 hours later and feeling like s**t for about a week after.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
This whole prescription drug taking thing has got me baffled too. Maybe because I've never taking anything stronger than a panadene forte I don't realise how spaced out one can get from these things.

On the other hand my Mrs has worked in pharmacy for years and has told me how massive numbers of people from all walks of life and different age groups take pain killers and other stuff all the time without really needed them.

It's too easy to get a doctors prescription apparently.

To be fair your "mrs" would have very little idea why people needed the medication but of course, as with any controlled drug (alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine), people do abuse them.

GETTUCKED

Debutant
Apr 30, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I never said I had a great job ;)

Seriously though, don't use my post as some sort of moral high ground thing. Was a lot of embelishment in response to the 'live a little' comment. I enjoy both beer and scotch but while I have a heavy night now and then I am your typical family man (12yo, 5yo kids) who might have a beer or two after work and even then that's not an every night thing.

No worries, i probably shouldn't have used your vice "beer and scotch" and should have just put alcohol. I wasn't trying to imply you are a raging alcoholic but my point still stands. Currently it is seen as ok to have a beer or 2 after work but frowned upon for someone to have a spliff or 2 ect.

GETTUCKED

Debutant
Apr 30, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you manage to get really good fairly pure stuff and shoot it, not so much a boost of energy or something but it does give a pretty intense 'rush' in a weird way, not a boost of energy but almost in a calm way if that somehow makes any sense. Pretty awesome sensation and I get why they do it but it's just no worth having to come down 24 hours later and feeling like s**t for about a week after.

Yep im sure shooting up would give the stuff a bit more of a kick. However, my point was that if other drugs were more readily available and regulated, the need for this type of administration wouldn't be used as much.

And the major problem with this stuff is the come down because users end up using again to not deal with the horrific come down you do get from this s**t. So where as previously a weekly user of MD, speed ect will gradually turn in to a daily user of Ice.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yep im sure shooting up would give the stuff a bit more of a kick. However, my point was that if other drugs were more readily available and regulated, the need for this type of administration wouldn't be used as much.

And the major problem with this stuff is the come down because users end up using again to not deal with the horrific come down you do get from this s**t. So where as previously a weekly user of MD, speed ect will gradually turn in to a daily user of Ice.
Nah it was absolutely nothing to do with the method of taking it, it was just a couple of times that we managed to get some stuff from a different source that obviously hadn't been messed with for once and was waaay stronger. One thing I also found funny is that, that way has all the stigma but imo in reality smoking it is the most easily addictive way of doing the stuff..

But yeah as you say when they start doing it more regularly they are trying to avoid that comedown and that's how they get really hooked.

GETTUCKED

Debutant
Apr 30, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nah it was absolutely nothing to do with the method of taking it, it was just a couple of times that we managed to get some stuff from a different source that obviously hadn't been messed with for once and was waaay stronger. One thing I also found funny is that, that way has all the stigma but imo in reality smoking it is the most easily addictive way of doing the stuff..

But yeah as you say when they start doing it more regularly they are trying to avoid that comedown and that's how they get really hooked.

Fair enough, have never shot up so cant speak from experience on that one but i would think injecting straight in to the blood stream compared to inhaling or ingesting would give it a little bit more kick but could be wrong. Was thinking down the lines of more kick would increase the pleasure and therefore possibility of addiction. But in saying that i believe burning the stuff turns it in to something else which may be more addictive than its original pure form.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
To be fair your "mrs" would have very little idea why people needed the medication but of course, as with any controlled drug (alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine), people do abuse them.

Ahh no you're incorrect. You work at the same pharmacy for long enough you get to know the regulars pretty well and know their situation. There's someone with a legitimate back pain or whatever and they take stuff responsibly.

Then there's the shifty ####ed up folk who are prescription drug addicts who troll every pharmacy in town to collect a stash either to sell or take themselves.

Pharmacy owners all know other pharmacy owners in areas and swap information to look out for these type of people.

It's not all baby formula and band aids that industry.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ahh no you're incorrect. You work at the same pharmacy for long enough you get to know the regulars pretty well and know their situation. There's someone with a legitimate back pain or whatever and they take stuff responsibly.

Then there's the shifty ####ed up folk who are prescription drug addicts who troll every pharmacy in town to collect a stash either to sell or take themselves.

Pharmacy owners all know other pharmacy owners in areas and swap information to look out for these type of people.

It's not all baby formula and band aids that industry.

So you say it's all different kinds of people from all walks of life but now it's regulars and shifty people? Which one is it?
Is your "mrs" a pharmacist?

I get prescription drugs quite frequently and I don't have a "regular" pharmacist and have never been asked what my meds are for and the only people i have ever witnessed discussing their ailments are old people who are mad for sharing a story of their troubles. My Dr knows why I kneed medication, I don't feel the need to engage in chit chat with a person behind the counter.

I know that people abuse the system but your "mrs" would probably assume someone like me as a "Dr shopper" because I am not a regular.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
So you say it's all different kinds of people from all walks of life but now it's regulars and shifty people? Which one is it?
Is your "mrs" a pharmacist?

I get prescription drugs quite frequently and I don't have a "regular" pharmacist and have never been asked what my meds are for and the only people i have ever witnessed discussing their ailments are old people who are mad for sharing a story of their troubles. My Dr knows why I kneed medication, I don't feel the need to engage in chit chat with a person behind the counter.

I know that people abuse the system but your "mrs" would probably assume someone like me as a "Dr shopper" because I am not a regular.

Quite the smartarse aren't cha?

Back