Food, Drink & Dining Out How Often do you Drink?

Well?

• Once

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • Two or three times

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • Four or five times

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Six to 10 times

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • More than 10 times

Votes: 31 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Stopped drinking this year through no health issues or anything, purely through a lack of desire. I would put at least 2 blocks away as a young bloke but I don't miss it. You get older and nightclubs make you angry and there comes a time when people don't have the money & time resources for alcohol. Much like footy, alcohol is a young fellas game
Young fellas game? Mate you're 24. You are in your prime!

Question for those that say they haven't been drunk in years or only drink a few a night...what were your drinking habits like when you were 18-22?

Horrendous. During cricket season, every Frid and Saturday, alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays and a Sunday session after cricket training.

During the footy season every Saturday and a Sunday session after training.

Large quantities too.

These days I rarely touch it and when I do, beer only. I work an 8/6 roster and a I work too hard for those 6 days off to be wasting any of it recovering from a big session. I have two young children too, they don't need to see it or be around it either.

Rarely I'll really have the thirst for a few drinks once I've finished my swing but once I get home and have a shower and relax, I don't feel like it any more. Occasionally I'll get home have a stubbie and it will be gone in about a minute, I'll crack a second one, have a couple of mouthfuls and then tip the rest down the sink.

Currently I haven't had a drink for about 2 months.

Question for those that say they haven't been drunk in years or only drink a few a night...what were your drinking habits like when you were 18-22?

a mate is going through a painful divorce and decided as a 37yo to go nightclubbing.....fail!

A slightly different angle to drinking habits but it doesn't take long to work out what works at 18-22 is probably not going to work when your older. if it does, then something is wrong.

At least 3 nights of 3-4 beers per week, plus the odd dinner/after work in my lazy chair beer. Every once in a while a big day of drinking.

Everything in moderation.

I used to drink two 6 packs a couple of times a week but in the last year I have barely drank at all
Not sure if hitting 30 has played a part but I just cbf getting drunk anymore....

wait until your in your 40s

OMG the hang overs are something else

I would be lucky to have 3 drinks a week these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't like the taste of alcohol and can barely get through a glass of wine ...

As for beer, I can only tolerate corona...

I suppose it's been helpful for me to not enjoy drinking..

I like soft drink. Pepsi max etc...or a nice coffee :)

it's a good 'issue' to have, Mootsy

I just looked at my bank balance and i've spent way too much on booze this weekend - I'd have a way healthier bank account (and body)) if I din't find it so easy to drink beer at any opportunity

Once every Saturday night! On average around 10 beers depending on mates/surroundings. Probably 4/5 if drinking alone. Such a shitty habit I can't actually remember the last time I really enjoyed it. It's just a release atm

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

I probably drink 3-4 times per week, gone are the days where I wipe myself out mind you, it's a few after work and I love it.

... went to some bands on Wednesday night. My housemate said he had a two pint limit... I said that was a good idea, but I didn't commit to it.

Next thing you know I've ended up at a karoake bar in the city at 1am singing 'Touch Me' by The Doors, and after that shut I walked 'home' but ended up at Old Bar instead until they shut at 3am..

Thursday was rough - My wallet and my liver hates me..

luckily I'm working all weekend so it shouldn't happen again...

From end of year 12 til about 21 I went pretty hard and regret it immensely. I saw it as something you had to have in order to have a good time - every uni event, every party - I thought it was the cool thing to do and get pissed. I probably ruined my reputation and relationships with some people due to the way I acted at these events.

I'm not the type to drink alcohol for the taste - IMO none of it tastes any good. It's expensive, makes you feel like s**t the next day and resulted (for me) in bad choices and outcomes. It was a tough habit to break but finding substitutes (in moderation) was key - Priorities have taken over and I'd rather have the ability to drive, more money, feeling better etc. The few times I did drink this year, it wasn't really enjoyable. My body seems less tolerant to alcohol now. Sorry for the rant

Back