Food, Drink & Dining Out How Often do you Drink?

Well?

• Once

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • Two or three times

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • Four or five times

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Six to 10 times

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • More than 10 times

Votes: 31 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

the_fresh

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
dowdenphotography.com
back to the question, I have at least 1 everyday.

Can't remember the last time I was drunk thou

outofthegloom

Senior List
Jun 11, 2009
London
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
When I was living in Australia, I would just go out on a Friday or Saturday night (maybe both), but wouldn't touch a drop Sunday to Thursday. Most weeks that would be, so probably drinking 6-8 days a month.

Now in London, drinking has definitely changed. Probably drink 4-5 times a week, but that could just be 3 or 4 pints, or potentially bigger if it's the weekend. Now I don't go out to binge drink though, just social drinks.

As an aside, I can't believe I always drank pots or schooners in Aus... now it's definitely pints only!

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
As an aside, I can't believe I always drank pots or schooners in Aus... now it's definitely pints only!

Pots are lame. Waste of time and the least economic measurement. I usually go a pint but the schooner, when there, is the absolute optimum – it doesn't go flat or warm and you're not retreating through bar lines every five minutes.

Schooners should be major.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
Pots are lame. Waste of time and the least economic measurement. I usually go a pint but the schooner, when there, is the absolute optimum – it doesn't go flat or warm and you're not retreating through bar lines every five minutes.

Plenty of places don't serve schooners though.

You're not giving enough credit to the $3 pot when they're available. Regularly, I agree though.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
You're not giving enough credit to the $3 pot when they're available. Regularly, I agree though.

Workers Club. Mondays. Two bucks.

"Pot" is pretty stupid vernacular, though. I mean a pot and jug are both pretty large volumes, but totally contrary on the scale. I don't get it. I never will. Schooner and jug should be it.

Natho

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Nice work! I could never do that here in summer. In fact, most months would be hard. Footy Finals, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hockey Finals, birthdays etc. There always seems to be some occasion.

Thanks mate. Yeah I know what you mean! Had to some sacrificing thats for sure.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
currently i have had no alcohol since easter 2013, Not even a drop.

I have been off drinking for roughly a year and a half now. BEST THING I EVER DID

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I have been off drinking for roughly a year and a half now. BEST THING I EVER DID
Easter 2013 was about 4 months ago so either you're back on it or you can't add up :p

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

I have been off drinking for roughly a year and a half now. BEST THING I EVER DID​

I will break it down for you

The last time i had a drop was on easter.

I have had one night here and there maybe every 3-4 months within that year and a half.

Back