Food, Drink & Dining Out How Often do you Drink?

Well?

• Once

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • Two or three times

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • Four or five times

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Six to 10 times

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • More than 10 times

Votes: 31 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Having 8 standards is hardly a binge.

But when you're using that as your 'night off' and still knocking back six pints probably isn't too healthy. I know you love talking about sinking piss and how much you can, but it's far from healthy.

If you look at what defines binge drinking from all different authorities around the world, they differ, but I have never seen any that would not have 8 standards as a binge. Some are lower, but none are higher.

You may have a reasonable tolerance for alcohol and may have normalised binge drinking in your mind, but that does not mean that the definition of a word should change.

I am not judging you for drinking whatever amount you choose to, by the way. Drink what you want.

But 8 drinks is a binge.

I only drink 2 or 3 times a month max. But when I do drink I drink a lot, I don't see the point in having 2 or 3 drinks on a night out either go hard or go home. That said I can easily go without drinking on a night out.

I only drink 2 or 3 times a month max. But when I do drink I drink a lot, I don't see the point in having 2 or 3 drinks on a night out either go hard or go home. That said I can easily go without drinking on a night out.

I don't understand people who have had a few at home, then sat down the pub for a few hours, then go straight home on the last train. I don't see the point. Even if the promise was a s**t venue or someone's house in the sticks, I don't get how can you be drunk and turn down a continuation of the night. So odd.

I don't understand people who have had a few at home, then sat down the pub for a few hours, then go straight home on the last train. I don't see the point. Even if the promise was a s**t venue or someone's house in the sticks, I don't get how can you be drunk and turn down a continuation of the night. So odd.
Some of us have the promise of being woken up at first light by a child wanting to play…

5-6 stubbies is NOT a binge. I've got a breathalyser and have drank 6 stubbies at a BBQ over 4 hours and blown under 0.05 thus being able to drive

Too bad the cops don't use your breathalyser. I dare say theirs would tell a different story.

How accurate are these personal breathalysers? Do they require regular calibrating?

Too bad the cops don't use your breathalyser. I dare say theirs would tell a different story.

How accurate are these personal breathalysers? Do they require regular calibrating?
It is not actually mine but under my control and I have the same model the WA Police do and it is calibrated every 6 months maximum.

It is not actually mine but under my control and I have the same model the WA Police do and it is calibrated every 6 months maximum.

How did you get your hands on one ?

My mate has to blow in one every time he has his kids but it's not the same as the one Police use. It's one his ex has purchased and I seriously doubt it's an accurate analyser. It's his own fault anyway but he's working at it.

Haven't had any booze all week (last beverage was a few beers with dinner last Sat night) but will probably crack open a couple of cold ones later this arvo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted once a week but sometimes it can be a 3-4 day bender. Every once in a while I will have a month or so off just to give my body some lovin
The benders seem to have a longer recovery time now as I am nearly 30.
Also there is a kindling effect that people don't really know about and I can verify it's real
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3000183/

Most weekends but probably most nights now Uni is over. I usually have 10 drinks on a big one, 4 on a 'interval' night.

Most weekends but probably most nights now Uni is over. I usually have 10 drinks on a big one, 4 on a 'interval' night.

You will die in seven days.

Straying towards the medical side, does anyone find it hard to be happy after a night out? I'm not hungover but I do feel a bit melancholy today. This can actually happen a fair bit unless I've got plans. Is this an actual 'thing?'

During the season possibly once a week on game day, about 12 -15 beers or scotch and soda water, about 1/2 a carton or a bottle in one sitting.I haven't had a drink since grand final day, my next heavy day / night will be xmas.

I don't miss it yet, but i doubt it will take much of an arm twisting to get me pissed before xmas.

Every second night or so I'll have a drink (wine/beer), but most weekends, being 18, a group of mates and I go and get rowdy somewhere.

enjoy your youth

Back