How should the world deal with ISIS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well nobody who is anyone worth listening to has proposed that, so reflect on why nobody other than uninformed rednecks would say this is a good course of action.

Of course they wouldn't say it, in public at least, because soft utensils like you would consider it barbaric and scream genocide or some other tripe.

Never mind that the scum that make up ISIS deserve nothing less.

Of course they wouldn't say it, in public at least, because soft utensils like you would consider it barbaric and scream genocide or some other tripe.
Anyone who wants to nuke a region displays the same disdain for humanity that ISIS have.

And anyone who uses the term soft**** to describe those who wouldnt use a nuke are simply idiots who are trying too hard to impress.

Read my first post in this thread. Tell me if I have said they have any redeeming features.

Im saying that anyone who wants to nuke an area has the same murderous attitude as ISIS.

Yes I read your first "non opinion", "Oh goodness what should we do?" post.

Thank God you're not in charge of anything.

Bad option due to the after effects.

Would also be politically difficult due to the inevitable civilian casualties.

Mind you, as I've said before, if you're going to use force, you should use as much of it as necessary to get the job done, so if they have an area with lots of their 'troops', send in everything you've got and carpet bomb it.

Excellent article in The Atlantic:

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

People just don't understand who they are and what they want, leading to mistakes in dealing with them.

Just calling them names does very little, I would think.

This article should be read by everyone.

Given its analysis, the conclusion it reaches seems on point.

Given everything we know about the Islamic State, continuing to slowly bleed it, through air strikes and proxy warfare, appears the best of bad military options.

and how do you propose we isolate them?
It's a good question.

If they stay true to their purist idelogy, they will have no allies to lean on. Their land is s**t, so you'd have to think they'd need resources or trade sooner or later. They want to live in medieval fashion, * em, start a medieval castle siege. Cut them off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a good question.

If they stay true to their purist idelogy, they will have no allies to lean on. Their land is s**t, so you'd have to think they'd need resources or trade sooner or later. They want to live in medieval fashion, **** em, start a medieval castle siege. Cut them off.

and when they try to expand past their 'borders'? (as they've been trying to do)

Or when those inside are found to be majorly suffering? (I'm assuming you would want foreign intervention in the event of a genocide, or similar large scale humanitarian crime).

It's a good question.

If they stay true to their purist idelogy, they will have no allies to lean on. Their land is s**t, so you'd have to think they'd need resources or trade sooner or later. They want to live in medieval fashion, **** em, start a medieval castle siege. Cut them off.

Oh dear! Let's also make them sit in the naughty corner and send in the crusaders to set up a perimeter.

No guns though we don't want to stoop to their level.

You do understand that they control cities and oil fields and seem to have no issues with money.

I think we need to step up the attacks and have boots on the ground. I understand all the reasons why that's a bad idea but at the moment it appears nothing is really being achieved

Seems that isolating them until they implode is the best option of a bad lot.
They hold a lot of ground and oil and people in those cities as well, it could be very messy and protracted if they don't go on the offensive, but it could well be atrocious either way. Muster strong strikes now before they grow in strength. Encircle them if possible.we have seen the strategic benefits of encirclement in east Ukraine, although tactics that must be used are devastating on civilians. drop propaganda telling em to escape, and try evacuate as best as possible, but to make a cake you have to break eggs. Ideas in peoples minds don't change the people whose minds they are in die. Its a problem best avoided altogether. Now its going to hurt however its done.

This article should be read by everyone.

Given its analysis, the conclusion it reaches seems on point.
I think this is also an interesting suggestion from the article

One way to un-cast the Islamic State’s spell over its adherents would be to overpower it militarily and occupy the parts of Syria and Iraq now under caliphate rule. Al‑Qaeda is ineradicable because it can survive, cockroach-like, by going underground. The Islamic State cannot. If it loses its grip on its territory in Syria and Iraq, it will cease to be a caliphate. Caliphates cannot exist as underground movements, because territorial authority is a requirement: take away its command of territory, and all those oaths of allegiance are no longer binding. Former pledges could of course continue to attack the West and behead their enemies, as freelancers. But the propaganda value of the caliphate would disappear, and with it the supposed religious duty to immigrate and serve it.

I think this is also an interesting suggestion from the article

One way to un-cast the Islamic State’s spell over its adherents would be to overpower it militarily and occupy the parts of Syria and Iraq now under caliphate rule. Al‑Qaeda is ineradicable because it can survive, cockroach-like, by going underground. The Islamic State cannot. If it loses its grip on its territory in Syria and Iraq, it will cease to be a caliphate. Caliphates cannot exist as underground movements, because territorial authority is a requirement: take away its command of territory, and all those oaths of allegiance are no longer binding. Former pledges could of course continue to attack the West and behead their enemies, as freelancers. But the propaganda value of the caliphate would disappear, and with it the supposed religious duty to immigrate and serve it.

The only way that can be achieved is to have troops on the ground and the West have said they won't and the powers in the middle east don't have the stomach for the fight.

It's about time someone came out and said it, there is an unofficial war being waged and the values and freedoms we've fought for are under threat by these muslims. Wouldn't want to be a Christian, Woman, Gay or non believer in their World.

Want to watch a soccer match; only if you are prepared to die.

It never ceases to amaze me that the feminists, avoid criticizing Islam, like they would avoid the plague.

Their World has only one purpose and that is the subjugation of the masses, it's like a creeping sickness that slowly gathers momentum until it's completely out of control.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/face-reality-the-west-is-at-war-with-islam-20150218-13hr43.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back