How the mighty have fallen (failure of '14 Conference Finalists)

Remove this Banner Ad

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
This doesn't really deserve a thread of it's own, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post it.

3 out of the 4 Conference Finalists from last season have failed to make the playoffs this year. (and the Spurs also dropped to a 6-seed).

Each team has an excuse (Losing Lebron, and all 3 being hurt by injuries), and you do often have a top team fall away because of player movement... but would this be the first time that 3 of the conference finalists fell out of the playoffs?
---

(Mods feel free to move this if there is somewhere more appropriate).

Otherwise - we could make this thread about Players/Teams that fell away sooner than you expected?

I think I mentioned it before, but I doubt it has happened before (both conference finalists from one conference missing the playoffs the next year).

But the reasons are obvious. The 3 teams that didn't make it lost their best player. Two of those players were the best two players in the league last year (comfortably) and the other guy (George) was a Top 5 guy.

SA was also only 1 game from the 2nd seed and goes into the playoffs as the 3rd favorite for the title, so I don't think they have any issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back