How to deal with not watching North play

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst for me was that come back game against port in 2012. I was moving offices on the Saturday, so taped the game. Any game i can't watch i record, and am religious about not knowing the scores.

so i get home, put the game on, it was finishing as i started watching. North are in cruise control, then i get a text from my brother saying "WTF, disgrace" or something like that. So i have an inkling we end up losing. From memory, we kick a goal to go 30 odd points up with 10 mins to go, so i think to myself "im not watching us lose this", so i put it on fast forward for the final 10 minutes.

It was still painful even in fast forward.

Same. A detailed summary is good for me on a loss rather than sit through it.

I am also guilty of not watching the rest of the game when I know we can't win. I mean on TV, I would stay at the ground though if at game. Not a great quality I know but its just too annoying.

I hear ya, Saintly31. If I'm watching at home and I think we can't win* I'll switch over to another show for a while. This method produces some weird experiences. I've sort of watched a win on and off where I've seen every opposition goal after half time and hardly any of ours.

* This feeling of despair could be triggered in the second half of a close game by someone slipping over, or dropping a simple mark, or missing a sitter from 15 metres out. At the ground it's different somehow.

I'll be in Europe from rounds 13-20, going to kill me that i'll miss boomers 400th :(

Hopefully have some wifi to check scores during the games.

No Matter where i am if North are playing i have to know the score thru media etc.. Ill record the game and if we win ill watch it at my own time.. If we lose ill delete it ASAP and forget it even happened....

Thast exactly what I do. No Matter where I am, Ive have to know what the score is, Via some sort of technology. If I can record it, watch if we win, delete if we lose.

No Matter where i am if North are playing i have to know the score thru media etc.. Ill record the game and if we win ill watch it at my own time.. If we lose ill delete it ASAP and forget it even happened....

Thast exactly what I do. No Matter where I am, Ive have to know what the score is, Via some sort of technology. If I can record it, watch if we win, delete if we lose.

Yep, same, same.

But, if watching live or live on TV, I always watch until the end.

Yeah same ill stay at the game if im there or watching it live ill watch to the end... But Watching a Replay of a Loss as i know We Lost already is like being Forced to sit and Watch sumeones Wedding frm start to Finish.......

This thread shouldn't exist.

If you were true North people you would watch/listen to every game as it happened.

If someone is getting married well bad luck for them. They should've realised that North is playing on that day.

If someone is having a Birthday Party well bad luck for them. Their parents should have realised that North plays footy during the Winter months.

Etc, Etc, Etc.

Youse know that Zondors is right. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back