How would you celebrate a Tigers Premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be at the game, with a combination of my two brothers, my dad, nephews, uncle, cousin and mates. I'd stay there until forced to leave.

Back to Punt Road Oval to catch up with more mates and crowd-surf Richo to the stage. Hug strangers who have suddenly become brothers.

I wouldn't drink much, but it would be high quality champagne.

We'd go back to my place in Richmond to watch the replay. Anyone who wanted to stay, I'd find room. Then the next day we'd do it all again. Back to Punt Road. Check in on tugga to make sure he's still alive. Get a little pick me up when Dad's not looking.

There would definitely be tears at some point.

I'd get in my car, id start driving and i wouldnt stop. I'd drive all day and night with our theme song pumping, screaming at every country town local i pass. I'd hit the coastline of Australia somewhere up near northern W.A, jump out of my car and jump straight in the ocean. I'd swim, and keep swimming non stop until I either die, or make it to the first island in Indonesian waters. I'd crawl up onto the beach castaway style, where I would pass out. The locals would run to my aid from miles around, but with my last bit of strength i'd get up and push them away. I'd ask where the tallest tree was, climb it, and scream out across the land "WE DID IT, WE BLOODY DID IT!!!"

I'd get in my car, id start driving and i wouldnt stop. I'd drive all day and night with our theme song pumping, screaming at every country town local i pass. I'd hit the coastline of Australia somewhere up near northern W.A, jump out of my car and jump straight in the ocean. I'd swim, and keep swimming non stop until I either die, or make it to the first island in Indonesian waters. I'd crawl up onto the beach castaway style, where I would pass out. The locals would run to my aid from miles around, but with my last bit of strength i'd get up and push them away. I'd ask where the tallest tree was, climb it, and scream out across the land "WE DID IT, WE BLOODY DID IT!!!"
That kinda sounds like what my dog wants to do ea NY when the fireworks go off , :confused:

I have been planning this for years now. It's a sophisticated plan that involves me drinking beer at every pub in Richmond for a week while still wearing my unwashed Tigers jumper. I'm hoping the punters at the London... or All Nations... or the Spready... or the Rising Sun... or wherever I am will be good enough to keep the noise down while Nick and I record the podcast.

I have been planning this for years now. It's a sophisticated plan that involves me drinking beer at every pub in Richmond for a week while still wearing my unwashed Tigers jumper. I'm hoping the punters at the London... or All Nations... or the Spready... or the Rising Sun... or wherever I am will be good enough to keep the noise down while Nick and I record the podcast.
Is there a pod cast tomorrow?
No pressure.
Just in a Tiges info vacuum.
Got the DTs.
If you ain't got no info just make crap up.
Just a little podcast.
C'mon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

n sequence: sit stunned. cry. sit stunned go to bed, like awake. next morning watch the replay. shout, run about yelling, lift my children on my shoulders and run around the backyard yelling insanely, sit with stupid look on my face, watch the replay,,, watch the third and fourth quarters again, read the internet, post on big footy, go out for lunch and watch it on my phone in the pub, sit quietly and wonder what I will now do with the rest of my life.

In all honesty, I have no idea how I'll react. Might cry, might faint even. Just not sure. My concern like Astroboy is what happens then? Does it all end for us? The past 30 years of god knows what has kept us all going. Kept us all hoping. Will we all just roll over and die? Will Big Footy implode? Will the internet die?

So many questions.

Is there a pod cast tomorrow?
No pressure.
Just in a Tiges info vacuum.
Got the DTs.
If you ain't got no info just make crap up.
Just a little podcast.
C'mon.

Sorry Rumballs (great name btw), I'm about to go camping at the beach for a week and Nick is OS. But I've been tweeting random stuff until we do a show in late Jan.

Sorry Rumballs (great name btw), I'm about to go camping at the beach for a week and Nick is OS. But I've been tweeting random stuff until we do a show in late Jan.
Pffft! You and your life.
No podcast and now rubbing it in with your deluxe camping lifestyle.

Might want to pack a dinghy...and an Epirb....maybe some flares.

so... irresponsible consumption of alcohol and drugs, delusions of grandeur with members of the opposite sex, defaming of opposition supporters. just sounds like every time we beat someone outside the bottom 4.

so... irresponsible consumption of alcohol and drugs, delusions of grandeur with members of the opposite sex, defaming of opposition supporters. just sounds like every time we beat someone outside the bottom 4.
Nothing delusional here pal.
The ladies totally go for the pudgy middle aged dude staggering around smelling of stale grog.
best-family-guy-gifs-basketball.gif

Nothing delusional here pal.
The ladies totally go for the pudgy middle aged dude staggering around smelling of stale grog.
best-family-guy-gifs-basketball.gif
Thank God for that.

Here I was thinking that my having a successful love life went hand-in-hand with a maxxed out credit card. But no...there's hope

Won't be able to enjoy it. Modding Richmond Board.
Oooh. In that case I'll interrupt my celebrations to post
  • about various whipping boys almost cost us the premiership
  • the coach doesn't have the cojones to get rid of them
  • bloody umps
  • bloody commentators
  • bloody AFL
  • bloody mods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back