10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
C'mon - it's a big issue.

GET BEN DUNK. To keep and open.

GET TWO TOPLINE SPINNERS. There's too many to go around. For me, I'd start with Ashton Agar and Ashton Turner, but there's C Doherty, Ahmed, O'Brien ...

GET A DECENT INTERNATIONAL and pair him with Morgan. Eoin disappointed but he's worth keeping.

BRING BACK HUSS. And Khawaja, Nannes and Sandhu.

WORK OUT WHO OF THE KIDS CAN PLAY THIS FORMAT. Is it Patterson? Flores? Who?

Target one reasonable player on the outer at each side:
Adelaide Strikers: Callum Ferguson
Brisbane Heat: Nathan Hauritz (think he was injured to be fair)
Melbourne Stars: Rob Quiney
Melbourne Renegades: Dan Harris/ Fawad Ahmed
Perth Scorchers: Ashton Agar/ Michael Beer
Sydney Sixers: Get Sean Abbott back
Hobart Hurricanes: Aiden Blizzard

If they could get maybe 3 of the above players their team would be strengthened a lot

C'mon - it's a big issue.

GET BEN DUNK. To keep and open.

GET TWO TOPLINE SPINNERS. There's too many to go around. For me, I'd start with Ashton Agar and Ashton Turner, but there's C Doherty, Ahmed, O'Brien ...

GET A DECENT INTERNATIONAL and pair him with Morgan. Eoin disappointed but he's worth keeping.

BRING BACK HUSS. And Khawaja, Nannes and Sandhu.

WORK OUT WHO OF THE KIDS CAN PLAY THIS FORMAT. Is it Patterson? Flores? Who?

First thing they need to do is stop signing Michael Clarke and David Warner. They should know their not going to play and if they do it will only be for one game or maybe two because international duty.

Then the Main thing is to make sure they don't lose hussey or khawaja like you said.

Ashton Agar would be a good signing for the thunder, could definitely play the same type of role Ashton Turner played for the scorchers this season but a bit lower down the order.

They could also get Callum Ferguson, not his best season this year but would fit in nicely in the top order.

Maybe not a popular option among some but Kevin Pietersen may be one they should target, with him now having no other duties would be available for the whole tournament.

Another option would be Jacques Kallis or Kieron Pollard or Dinish Karthik

Then their starting 11 would be something like this:

Mike Hussey
Usman Khawaja
Callum Ferguson
Kevin Pietersen
Kieron Pollard or Jacques Kallis
Kurtis Patterson/Jason Floros
Jake Doran
Ashton Agar
Chris Tremain
Gurinder Sandhu
Dirk Nannes

I'd do this threefold:

Which players to retain: Hussey, Khawaja, Morgan, Nannes, Sandhu, Patterson, Floros
Which local players to target from opposition: Agar, Quiney, Hauritz, Cooper, Stoinis
Which overseas players to target: Pieterson, Kieswetter, Buttler, Sangakarra

The XI would possibly be:

Khawaja, Quiney, Sangakarra, Hussey, Morgan, Cooper, Stoinis, Agar, Hauritz, Sandhu, Nannes

don't lose anyone of note for a start.

then just try and lure players from elsewhere struggling to get a gig in the BBL like a couple of Beer/Hartley/Quiney/Worrall types.

Get Gayle back, or alternatively, go hard at Kallis and maybe another associate type like RTD, Sterling or Dockrell

Pretty sure I heard throughout the BBL that Mr. Cricket has signed on for 2 years.
Keep Khawaja and hopefully he can get through BBL04 without injury.
Forget about Clarke and Warner - paying them for nothing.
Target KP. Obviously he'll have to base himself in Sydney which I dare say would be his preferance.
And as others have already said, target good players from other teams that can't get consistent game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's Jim Allenby?

First thing they need to do is stop signing Michael Clarke and David Warner. They should know their not going to play and if they do it will only be for one game or maybe two because international duty.

why is clarke even considered for t20 franchises? does a photo of him in lime green help the team in any way? besides, clarke isnt a t20 players a-hole!

why is clarke even considered for t20 franchises? does a photo of him in lime green help the team in any way? besides, clarke isnt a t20 players a-hole!

He's a lot better than most of the spuds that have worn the lime green.

But in response to the OP:

Recruit Chris Rogers. Will come dirt cheap.
Get a decent recruit from England that isn't good enough to play internationals. They play a shitload of one day and T20 cricket.
Find someone that can hit the ball hard. Kevin O'Brien or someone like that. Guys like that can win you games themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back